Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gun Monkeys

Tommers

Augur
Hi, I've got 8 steam keys for Gun Monkeys, which is a 2 player platform thing where monkeys shoot each other and stuff. It's from Size 5 games, who did "Ben there, dan that" and "time gentlemen please!"

If you want to give it a go then let me know and I'll send you one. All I ask is you let me know what you think.

Is there a Codex steam group? Cos then we can have our own server to match up.

Absalom

I would like to try out the game as well. I am in a steam group with two of the other people who posted ITT

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
I'll take one, if only to hear the words of the actor Kevin Eldon.

Tommers

Augur
OK. All gone out. I've got one left. Probably be busy / drunk today but I'll join up with the glorious CDS tomorrow.

Have fun shooting monkeys.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Initial impressions: buggy as hell. First off there are separate servers for US, EU, and Asia (thus, in turn separate Codex groups for US, EU, and Asia) and while you can change regions I could never successfully start a match against Kony or any of the other two guys online in Europe. No one was playing on the US servers which isn't too surprising since it's the middle of the night.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is quite fun actually, an enjoyable and quick arcade experience. However, as Metro mentioned, it has a lot of multiplayer-lobby related bugs (funny that the gameplay itself is flawless).

Tommers

Augur
I contacted the developer and he said...

' Cross region play IS possible; obviously GM needs to be pretty accurate and non-laggy or it feels really unfair. Cross region play ups the ping for one player fairly significantly. We're doing everything we can, working round the clock to try new things (including better signposting as to what's going on). Hopefully there soon.'

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Tried the game a bit. I enjoyed it. Gameplay is neat and simple, pretty fun if you get into it. But as others already said, matchmaking is quite bugged and bad organized...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well today I tried to play against people in the US but I kept getting the same 'timed out' problems. Maybe it has to do with my hardware or connection? The other day I had a problem hosting a KF match where only one other person could join (versus 6 allowed). That said I'm not using a router just directly plugged into a modem.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Posted this on the Steam Discussion for the devs: http://steamcommunity.com/app/239450/discussions/0/864972620800774655/

Matchmaking/connection issues -- this game is still in beta
Last night I tried to play some people in Europe (on the Euro servers) but every time I challenged someone or accepted a challenge eventually the game would 'time out' and say the other person failed to show up. This also happened today in my own region (US) against other US players. Maybe there's some issue with my port forwarding? What's the deal?
Edit: Finally managed to get in a game against one guy but it took a good minute to load after the connection. Tried again against a forum buddy in a group room, the connection worked but after being stuck at 'loading' for a good two or three minutes I gave up... and got a 500 credit penalty at that? lol.
While the game looks cool this is very much still in beta. When you're offering a multiplayer only game I'd think it paramount to work out bugs like this before you release it. If anything this should be an 'early access' title. Moreover, what incentive would I have to wade through these connection bugs when I'll just end up getting penalized, losing credits, racking up 'abandonment' losses, etc? I'd be more than happy to continue to help beta test this game but only if there were some option to reset my account/record. Otherwise, it is currently not worth the frustration and penalties.

Absalom

I get the same connection problems and I'm using a router.

Also, I got penalized 500 coins when the matchmaking didn't work. I don't know what coins are, but I doubt I'll ever find out if you penalize me for your game not working.

Bruticis

It's uh....extremely rough and unpolished. The netcode seems pretty bad but net's been insane today so it's possible its on my end.

Tommers

Augur
Hmmm... I gave it a go tonight. I could make matches with people (I only tried on EU) but it took forever once the challenges had been accepted. It worked in the end but it took a couple of minutes to connect up.

Game itself is alright. Nice mix of power ups and deciding whether to kill the other monkey or pick up energy cubes. Could be good once they sort the matching stuff out.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep, the matchmaking issues are too much to deal with at the moment as the matches themselves are intended to be short two or three minute affairs.

Tommers

Augur
Developer has just tweeted that cross region should now be fixed...

and that "conenction dropping issues" should also be gone.

Tommers

Augur
Yeah, doesn't seem to have made any difference. Just tried again and it timed out.... :x

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tried. Got the same issue. Also when I went to open the Steam overlay and talk to someone the game glitched, kicked be back to the menu but with no selectable buttons. I had to Alt F4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom