Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Oh good lord, the Toddler plague has spread OB Cyrodiilic blandness far and wide.

Will MK sell out again step in to save the day with a thinly veiled piece of corporate apologia an in-game book?

"CHIM. Those who know it can remake the lore.

Witness the TES world once interesting.
"

Oh god, and poison resistance. Lol! Well, so much for unique traits.

(Also, Bura Natoo? Is this Star Wars or something?)

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I think the bigger offender is praising Sithis. In public. To a stranger. Who isn't a member of the Dark Brotherhood.

:hearnoevil:

Caim

Arcane
Whoops, forgot this one:

763v.jpg

Kanedias

Savant
-images-

Guys, please. Just stop already. I'm not mad, I just want you to stop breaking everything.

That's...Alinor? There are no words.

I of course had no high hopes for this game, and since it did seem like an uninspired WoW clone, I expected Alinor to be either a Silvermoon City clone or a common Tolkienesque Rivendell clone. But to make it into a bland Oblivion town...? It's almost funny.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I still can't believe they went with the Skyrim UI visual style... it looks worse than WoW.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah, people always talk how there rarely are definitive sources about any subject, different opinions etc. in Morrowind. Beth is just staying true to that principle :smug:

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, people always talk how there rarely are definitive sources about any subject, different opinions etc. in Morrowind. Beth is just staying true to that principle :smug:
Not sure if I should punch you in the face or fly to Rockville, Maryland and punch everyone there in the face.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That picture is actually an elven stronghold in Cyrodill, since people are constantly fighting over that stuff.

I suspect the isles to look more standard elvish.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Third-person hotbar WoW clone? Third-person hotbar WoW clone.

The only way an Elder Scrolls MMO could possibly have been exciting or even remotely worth playing would be if it retained the first-person viewpoint and action-based melee and spellcasting, which zero other MMORPGs have ever pulled off with any real aplomb.

Take heart, anyone who still gives Bethesda money for some reason and is incensed by the butchering of TES lore—this game will crash into the bulwark that is World of Warcraft and fall flaming and sputtering into the ocean of shitfests that have gone before it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well... Bethesda finally made a nice face gen feature which didn't make me shout in horror. OTOH, characters do look like magazine models from one of those LUCY11BetterFEmaleFaces Mod 0.92 BETA or how it goes. But bethesda fans would be happy so developers deliver what they want, right?

I was kinda expecting skills and abilities from video's name...

But, shouldn't khajit's look depend on what phase of the moon they were born on, from almost human to just a walking cat? Or did they drop that part of lore?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only way an Elder Scrolls MMO could possibly have been exciting or even remotely worth playing would be if it retained the first-person viewpoint and action-based melee and spellcasting, which zero other MMORPGs have ever pulled off with any real aplomb.

Mortal Online has this and the game itself is not even that bad. It's basically a first person Ultima Online.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well... Bethesda finally made a nice face gen feature which didn't make me shout in horror.

Oh please, stop crediting Bethesda for something they simply are incapable of in any shape or form. Zenimax Online Studios is the one on this case.

Xi

Arcane
The beta was horrid bad. Combat was terrible. Just saying. It feels like a TES game in skin alone. Below the surface, everything is changed. People were looking for an open combat system, like in TES, and got a turd. IMHO.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What I find funniest is that they even ripped off pauldrons. It's already apparent just from the videos that pauldrons in TES Online will be a separate armor item, and as in WoW, they'll no doubt be a status symbol. They'll get larger and fancier the longer you spend clicking your hotbar and waiting for things to happen to boars, until eventually your pauldrons will look like an extraterrestrial asteroid colony—enormous, fancifully sculpted and festooned with whorls and veins of pulsating phosphorescent light.

Retards are attracted by shiny things, so the prospect of fancier pauldrons keep them playing. I believe the current max-peen WoW warrior-type pauldrons look like the entirety of Hawai'i perched on the player's shoulders, spewing lava from a hundred craters.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Pauldrons doesn't seem bad for now, and they were separated item in Morrowind.

Oh please, stop crediting Bethesda for something they simply are incapable of in any shape or form. Zenimax Online Studios is the one on this case.
Well okay, they HIRED people who can do job for them. It's still progress, no? :M

Last edited:

Alchemist

Arcane
That armor...were they trying to make it look that bad?
But they are staying true to the Elder Scrolls aesthetic!

And pauldrons...
wDbC3A2.jpg
Just sayin...

Anyway, the faces look decent at least - and that's cool the men can have beer-bellies, and the women can have some decent thighs.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Here is some interesting stuff it also looks like Kirkbride got some of his 9th era talos is a operating system dream sleeve crap put into canon as well.

Just to quote the Kinmune page.

(Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform) started her existence as any other proxy-synthetic of the 9th Era aurbical mining guilds: a limited sentience deep-pressure capable "thot-box"—a dreamsleevishell used by remote mortal operators to run the rigs of Kynareth's illicit breath trade. Able to stream several live-wire mortal proxies at once, Kinmune was a top-of-the-line Hazardous Conditions Warprunner Exoform of an ayleidoon hegemony nearing another unceremonious end.

So in short the leader of the dominion faction is an Ai....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom