Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The best Xbox 360 games

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
So, what are they? Personally my console had been collecting dust for ages after disappointment after disappointment. With GTA 5 however the old beast finally got a new life. Other than that game I can only really think of Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls as the standouts for this generation of console. Anything I missed?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Xbawks exclusive lineup is very shitty, only popamole shooters and the extremely rare good-for-what-it-is title, like Banjo or Forza.

The only good stuff that you can get on it and that's not available on PCs I can think of is Nier and Dragon's Dogma.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I play fighting games mostly on consoles and now Im playing Injustice: Gods among us. Made by guys that did Mortal Kombat games, its not as brutal but Im having alot of fun with it. If you like derping with Batman, Superman, Wonder woman, Green Lantern etc it could be fun. Like 4 hours singleplayer story(similar style to MK9), a mission mode, classic and lots of unlocks. Complete edition is coming in November on PS3 and Xbawxs and also on PC and Im waiting on that one so I dont have to spend like 100 euros on all DLC. Bought this one for 20 euros at some sale. Worth the moneh.

Otherwise play games you like to play with other people,thats what these consoles are for, cant go wrong with FIFA 14, Mortal Kombat Komplete edition, Soul Calibur 5 and or maybe Injustice too.

I noticed myself that other people that are not that much in PC gaming are getting for the most part shooters for the console.

LivingOne

Savant
If you like fast paced action games in the vein of Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry there are The Dishwasher games wich are really good.
edit:Also Bayonetta and Dead Rising 1

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual

Trash plays a whole lot of World War II strategy games, I'm sure he would be in heaven with this one. It's basically Final Fantasy Tactics in world war II with occult elements.

Though I'm not sure if there ever was a PAL-compatible version.

Just checked, there isn't, and the US version is region locked. Man does that suck.

Don Peste

Arcane
Not available in PC:
Condemned 2
Halo ODST
Saint's Row
Crackdown

Yeah, I would also add:
Red Dead Redemption (Even though Red Dead Revolver was MUCH better)
The Darkness

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I want a console for the following games: Red Dead Redemption, Condemned 2, The Darkness.

That said I would probably buy a PS3 because it has a lot more exclusives. The only exclusive to Xbox 360 game that is interesting to me in the least is probably Lost Odyssey, but I stopped caring about JRPGs a long time ago. The Halo and Gears of War sequels look pretty shit and while Fable 2 might be fun for a short while the baby's-first-RPG nature of it would drive me insane pretty quickly.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You might want to try Too Human...

My guilty pleasure.
Which is strange because I also enjoyed Ninja Gaiden games on x360.
Yes, Ninja Gaiden is first or second reason to have Xdorito.

Gears of War but only first two of the series. Only popamole game where poping mole work without getting player mad about controls and whatever.
Also - after crying a river on my shitty PC news about GTA4 timing exclusive for console I decided to keep console for it. I regret this for ethernal...

Crackdown (1st was nice but sequel was shit).

tl;dr
lot of popping moles thanks to the Epic after pissing on UT series. Eat dust Mr. NiceGuy.

Also for potato
Call of Duty 3 where you're Bohater. Seriously.

Jashiin

Arcane
GTA V

but if that didn't make you dust it off, you either don't like it or are better off waiting for the pc version.

FAGBOX TREE-SHITTY had some excellent Jap-action games, brother.

Ninja Gaiden 2: Pretty much the most adrenaline-fueled action title of it's kind. While it is very difficult and not as well polished as the Ninja Gaiden Black was, it certainly has it's unique charms. It took the parity of lethality between enemies and player in it's predecessor and amped it up; you can shred enemies extremely quickly if you know what you're doing but any enemy is capable of downing the player character if you make mistakes. And even though there is a little bit of moveset bloat, it still retains the ease of learning that Ninja Gaiden Black had; there's very scant things in the game that require absurd controller gymnastics. It's more focused on testing your knowledge of when to use techniques, not whether or not you can perform them.

Bayonetta: If you can overlook the ridiculous main character and whatever they were trying to do with the plot, this is an excellent title. Platinum made the genre "accessible" in the correct manner; it's very easy to do tons of cool stuff that would require a lot of precision in something like Devil May Cry 3 but there's a few more layers of interesting mechanics to play with beyond aerial juggles, jump canceling, and the like. The combo strings are mostly intuitive, though figuring out which ones lead to better effects (Wicked Weaves, sweep-kicks, launchers, etc.) takes a little bit of experimentation and understanding. Par for the action-gaming course, really. Normal and Hard mode were mostly jokes for a akshunfaggot like myself, but those less initiated into the genre will appreciate how it offers a lot of scaffolding and mostly hides anything really scary on the highest difficulty mode, on a special equippable that greatly increases enemy aggression, in hidden bonus encounters, or a secret boss fight. While I have a lot of quibbles with the game, they're mostly from a hardcore akshunsperg viewpoint and most players will enjoy things like a focus on spectacular setpieces and combat that is extremely "open".

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Well, there is a PC herrenrasse port of this coming, but with DAT FAGBOX you can rent or borrow to see if it is to your liking without having to not remove it from an inventory and have godawful flashbacks of 400-page megathreads about interwebs piracy. That said, this is a fun title with solid mechanics and one of the most wildly entertaining storylines I've seen; it's Platinum and Kojima completely eviscerating Metal Gear Solid in a parody that includes a cyborg good-ol'-boy from Alabama, a Brazilian samurai with one-liners that could have come right out of an 80's action flick, and the best characterization I've ever seen of a final boss. Platinum's expertise in the genre results in a game that is mechanically sound yet, dare I say, cinematic; it feels like you are actually playing an over-the-top martial arts (with cyborgs) flick. And I emphasize "playing"; Platnum did a hell of job making you feel in the action; the cutting gimmick (Blade Mode) is well fleshed out and actually rises above the status of mere gimmickry. There's definitely a few flaws in the game, and I'd avoid the DLC like the plague (it's bad), but I'd definitely recommend a playthrough (or four) if only for the outstanding boss fights. Dynamic soundtracks really need to become more of "a thing".

Those are probably the titles I'd recommend above all else that require a FAGBOX TREE SHITTY. Ninja Gaiden Black comes highly recommended, but I don't think the FAGBOX Store sells it any longer, and you can easily emulate Devil May Cry 1-3, so fuck getting the crappy HD remaster that is rife with glitches. DMC4 is probably better on PC too, but my craptop can't copthose 60FPS feelsies, so I don't get to dick around in LDK mode whenever I want.

Repressed Homosexual
Here's a list:

There's nothing wrong with console games, the only thing down is linear design, dumbing down of difficulty, and watered down PC ports. You won't make me believe that something like Gran Turismo or Bayonetta is garbage. Stop being a prick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom