Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The PC is a do-gooder, obviously.
The PC is not a retard.

When torture is sensible, he applies torture. When there is good PR to be made, he plays a hero on a white horse Black Deathaxe.

And when there are human lolis to be incorporated as our minions, he does just that. We might need a liaison with the humans, and we were considering keeping the mage - an enemy - around to translate stuff for us. Someone who would be less inclined to stab us in the back is an obviously superior choice.

Doubtful. This character is too weak.
He is not the GRLLLBRLLL frothing-at-the-mouth Chaos Warrior type, I'll give you that.

But he is doing fine for himself.

She was competent enough at fighting to lop our wing off, though.
That's because we never fought to kill.

Erdrick : Rin - still 1:0. :smug:

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think we have overlooked the fact that these kids can tell us, if there is anything important or vital information about village like...Like secret tomb or whatever, if we save them. There is no other immediate benefit excpect their gratitude, but you guys have been extensively and passiotionaly talked about it, so I leave that part to you guys.

These guys are unlikely to know anything important, but Rin needs her practice puppet to push that torture 1 skill to torture skill 2 before we hand someone actually important in her hands....

However the fuck this shit, let's go to deeper to town feels like secret mystery route feeling.

Edit: as much as it's fun to see Rin screwing up torture or anything other than fighting, we eventually need competent torturer...

profreshinal

Arcane
The way I understand it, our character was never a good hero to begin with. Erdric would much rather slack off with some busty chick in the bar than be out there fighting evil or whatever.

Right PC was never good and threw his only friends under the bus the moment a good opportunity arose. A shift from neutral to monster.

Nevill

Arcane
The way I understand it, our character was never a good hero to begin with. Erdric would much rather slack off with some busty chick in the bar than be out there fighting evil or whatever.
Well, that is what I would call a good hero. Not that failure of a person that was Kyle.

If we get to redefine good like that, I have absolutely no problem with a do-gooder label. :salute:

Right PC was never good and threw his only friends under the bus the moment a good opportunity arose. A shift from neutral to monster.
You are going full Kyle with your accusations. He never intended to harm them.

He wanted to stop the war and go back to lazying around, one way or the other.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
For the same reason cults brainwash their members. It will obviously take effort, but the hardest part, breaking them mentally, can be done here by the soldiers, after which we can build them back up how we want them through emotional extortion (like what Madam Nie did to Miss Bai, only worse).

If a single rape can break them mentally they are practically worthless for what you want, since their mental strength is so weak that even if you translate that into loyalty, it will not amount to much. So no, the soldiers aren't doing the hardest part. They'll be traumatized, but that doesn't mean that they're absolutely broken. It's not like they encountered some super grimdark edgy event, being chained in dungeons and gang-raped by trained animals and tortured by having a single bone in their body removed every week. :|

Save them or let them die. Adding extra effort for a long term master plan to cultivate two illiterate peasant minions who are perfectly loyal seems a bit strange and out of the way when you have a lot of other perfectly loyal minions at the moment. I can understand it if you suspect they might have hidden powers of some sort, or are secretly important in other ways, of if you triggered the event where the goblin village was wiped out, but if that's the case, that's the argument you should be making. The idea might catch on better then.

They can't become disillusioned with us because there is nothing to be disillusioned with: we didn't raze the village, we didn't harm them, we showed up in the nick of time and saved them and let them have revenge on the people who harmed them.

As a 'cold manipulative bastard' you should first try to silence Rin and Petze to eliminate any witnesses to your actions, or hope that they don't otherwise accidentally let slip anything about that in the future. :M

treave, out of curiosity, are there orcs in this setting?

Ah, so you want a scene where orcs rape and enslave women? That can be arranged, but your interests would likely be better served through a few works of art that I can recommend to you in private.

Nevill

Arcane
I can understand it if you suspect they might have hidden powers of some sort, or are secretly important in other ways
They are twins. All twins are plot-relevant and have secret superpowers (even if it is a Power of Sibling Love). It's an unwritten law. An Academy graduate should know that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A relevant quote:

Sure, there was that little issue of possibly becoming the greatest traitor the human race has ever known, and betraying all that your comrades have died for, but would it not be easier to change the world by showing them that: yes, demons and humans can coexist?

That would be a nicely noble excuse to give everyone later on, you think to yourself in satisfaction.

Note: you can't give such an excuse while at the same time kicking only the humans' teeth in and putting their heads on pikes just because you're now on the monster side.

On the other hand, the character went from never torturing a single opponent to ordering the deed with little remorse afterwards.

profreshinal

Arcane
You are going full Kyle in your accusations. He never intended to harm them.

He wanted to stop the war and go back to lazying around, one way or the other.

The consequences of the deal with the overlord were pretty obvious: The overlord wins! by nullifying the only threat to him and can then go and waltz over anything that threatens him. The only outcome for the rest of the party was death or rot in some prison in case PC asked nicely to have mercy on them. Not even a fictional overlord is stupid enough to not try and eliminate the members of a failed assassination attempt.

Nevill

Arcane
The only outcome for the rest of the party was death or rot in some prison in case PC asked nicely to have mercy on them. Not even a fictional overlord is stupid enough to not try and eliminate the members of a failed assassination attempt.
I have asked the question before:
Any battle between the Hero and the Demon Lord, blessing or no blessing, would be a toss-up for both sides. The risks are high. The Demon Lord wouldn't give up victory and provoke the Hero into turning coat a second time over the lives of six people. He's perfectly willing to merely imprison them until they can come around.
So, no, they would have been left alive and released afterwards, since they are not a threat.

Only the Hero had potential to be the assassin.

Baltika9

Arcane
Ah, so you want a scene where orcs rape and enslave women? That can be arranged, but your interests would be better served through a few works of art that I can recommend to you in private.
Ah, no. I'll stick to consensual sex, thanks. I asked because the big guys don't get a lot of exposition beyond 'waaaaagh!' and 'FOR SAURON!'
Some settings do it (namely, the Elder Scrolls setting), but it's generally the noble savage archetype.
I have a soft spot for them as a reader, so I am looking forward to exploring some possibilities.
If a single rape can break them mentally they are practically worthless for what you want, since their mental strength is so weak that even if you translate that into loyalty, it will not amount to much. So no, the soldiers aren't doing the hardest part. They'll be traumatized, but that doesn't mean that they're absolutely broken. It's not like they encountered some super grimdark edgy event, being chained in dungeons and gang-raped by trained animals and tortured by having a single bone in their body removed every week. :|
Well, they had their village destroyed, their parents are probably dead and now this happens. Yeah, I would expect them to be extremely traumatized and very unhinged in the first few weeks, which is where we would come in as a stable, reliable 'counselor' and pushed them in the direction we want them to go.
I'm not saying they would be broken to the point of hysteria, but rape victims are usually become emotionally fragile immediately afterwards.
But then, this universe operates on anime rules and I'm not familiar with those.
Rin wouldn't care about the kids, only as a way to betray us down the road perhaps, and Petze, well...
Save them or let them die. Adding extra effort for a long term master plan to cultivate two illiterate peasant minions who are perfectly loyal seems a bit strange and out of the way when you have a lot of other perfectly loyal minions at the moment. I can understand it if you suspect they might have hidden powers of some sort, or are secretly important in other ways, of if you triggered the event where the goblin village was wiped out, but if that's the case, that's the argument you should be making. The idea might catch on better then.
On second thought, let them die. Destroyed village, dead family, this is the stuff successful heroes are made of, we don't need any of those running around.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
I have a feeling that they called her Black Deathaxe because they had to ax any undertaking she took a part in. :M

Y'know, let's recap.

She is a princess and royalty. She always had someone do things for her. Can she tidy up the house? No, menial labour is beneath Her Highness. Can she cook? How dare you, there are chefs for that! And it seems she didn't learn anything useful as a heir to the Demon Throne, either. A typical spoiled child.

Fighting is all she is good for, and the Hero owned her at that without breaking a sweat. I see an identity crisis incoming as she frantically struggles to prove her worth as a successor to her father. Good. :smug:
Funniest thing would be if she booted interrogation because kitchen is her weakness. She cant do anything inside will it be cooking, standing or killing. Silly concept, but i like it.
:smug:

Still probably you are right.

Btw was there part where we find out how old is she?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not saying they would be broken to the point of hysteria, but tape victims are usually become emotionally fragile immediately afterwards.

Enough to put all their trust in a stranger that saved them, and not just any stranger, but a child-eating monster? Or would they become even more suspicious and freaked out? It can easily go both ways. You'll need to work to gain their trust. You don't just get it unconditionally. It is not, as you imagine, the 'easiest part'.

profreshinal

Arcane
I have asked the question before:

So, no, they would have been left alive and released afterwards, since they are not a threat.

Yes, the best assests in opposition to the overlord would just be released after a short and comfortable visit to the most luxurious cells the overlord has to offer.

Afterwards you'll all be friends again and tell anecdotes at gatherings. Remember that time when I betrayed everything you guys stood for ... . It'll be a hoot.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, the best assests in opposition to the overlord would just be released after a short and comfortable visit to the most luxurious cells the overlord has to offer.
They would be helpless to do anything about it.

I am not sure what you are trying to say. I am saying that the Hero didn't mean them harm, and there is a confirmation from GM that such an outcome could have been arranged. If you have a problem with this statement, well, that's not my problem, is it? :)

Afterwards you'll all be friends again and tell anecdotes at gatherings.
Why would we want to be friends with Theseus? :?

and horrible monster already by Page 5 of this thread for a betrayal that knowingly exposed all of humanity to torment for his personal gain
And now he is obliged to eat kittens just so that his self-esteem doesn't drop?

Yes, he went for a personal gain, since we have established what makes him tick. What, does it mean we had to leave Petze, our best scout, to die, in spite of our interests, just to confirm that we are a dick? That's one of the 'do-gooder' choices that you have trouble accepting.

This is the Retarded Evil option.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
You know guys, this line got me thinking something.
but would it not be easier to change the world by showing them that: yes, demons and humans can coexist?

That would be a nicely noble excuse to give everyone later on, you think to yourself in satisfaction. The perfect excuse for you to get your hands on those perfect spheres of magnificent wobbling

Ladies and gentlemen.
We can get hold of our first piece of propaganda in our scheme of conquering the world/launching massive horde to capture pretties maidens/ fuck up goddesses .
We have first propaganda piece to build all mighty army! You all know how heroes defeat mighty overlord armies!!!!
Well..The other thing besides magical artifacts and heroes! We shall build most diverse and most rightneuss armies of them alll! We all are tired of the usual hero armies #3293057823 of dwarves, elves, gnomes and humans winning our armiess of doom!
I SAY NO FURTHER TO THIS !
Let's use heroes own tactics in our own gain by building army of demons,dwarves,elves and HUMANS! These kids shall be our first testament that demons, monsters and humans can work together as army of darkest DOOOOOOOOOOM!!! They show us that we can take care of other races, while fucking our enemies so hard in their rear that the blackest corners of their body will be exposed to sunlight for all to see!!!

I mean all the kids have to do is to tell sob stories, praise our kindness and rightneusness of our cause and stay alive for this, how hard it can be?
:kwafuckyeah:

So what do you bros think of this plan?

Nevill

Arcane
See? Now you are thinking with portals. :)

Seriously, though, we are the ideal candidate to unite this land. If you can't be safe with a demon and an angel working together, safe just isn’t going to happen.
Fallout 2 said:
- One day got attacked by this fool wearin’ power armor. That was Jacob, from the Brotherhood of Steel. He’d sworn some oath to destroy muties. We tussled for a while – probably a day or two. After a while, we just started laughing. What was the point?
- Then what?
- We became friends. Headed off together. Then other people started following us. Guess they figured if they weren’t safe with a mutie and a Steel Knight, safe just wasn’t going to happen.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Or perhaps our plan backfires because we try to be too much meta and the gods don't allow that :troll:
Speaking of which, once/if we save the village, we totally have to demand a young and cute lady as a sacrifice/payment for our efforts. It would be fitting for a Carnage Pigeon to do so.

By the way, what happened with lending Rin the magical sword to see if it reacted somehow?

Nevill

Arcane
It would be fitting for a Carnage Pigeon to do so.
Nah. We'll demand the kids.
"My mother used to sing a song to me about how if I was bad, the Carnage Pigeon would come and catch me and eat me…”
We can't go against the folk lore. :M

Do demons enjoy causing pain, or are they just really clumsy with sharp objects?
It's not 'demons'. It's Rin, as in, the single specimen. And she is not proud of what she did (she messed up and made a fool of herself), so I guess she is just clumsy.

And she is completely fine with - and even fond of - gobbos. She only has trouble with humans due to being at war with them for who knows how long.

Otherwise, humans and demons will soon be dancing in flowery meadows together under our EVUL plan to take care of humans, elves, dwarves, and demons because they all are decent blokes that want to live in a diverse society together.
I am all for that plan as long as this society is one without Kyle and the Goddesses, and we hold a high enough rank in it to afford all the commodities we value so much. :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lore check, treave . Do demons enjoy causing pain, or are they just really clumsy with sharp objects? This needs to be established.

#NotAllGermansDemons

I'm not sure what the issue is here. The character isn't particularly surprised or outraged at the revelation that humans were also torturing demons. The implication was that it was mainly done for a purpose, not for pleasure. Take away the purpose and the need for torture is lessened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom