Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Baltika9

Arcane
I want an angel cult, and we need the kinds of fanatical prophets only mentally unstable people can be. Normal people will just call us out on the bullshit.
Glorious Godfrey: On your knees for the master! The hour has come! HE has come! Who is beyond good and evil? Who is the prophet of Anti-Life? Who is the Rock, the Chain, and the Lightning? All powerful! All unforgiving! All conquering! WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER?

Darkseid: Darkseid is.
Can you imagine anyone in their right mind saying that?
It's just about being an edgy rapelord, only more sad because we don't actually get any action.
I'm more into mind rape.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, can we do that?
Maybe worth it if they showed any potential of being powerful enough to do your work for you, or even if they're royalty of some sort. But as far as you're aware, they're just normal kids. You'll have to justify why you'd put in years of work into molding them and making them stronger as your personal assassins or whatever job you have in mind, it seems like a lot of effort for very little gain.

A4: Use Gigadyne. Again.

Granted.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To be fair to Baltika, it was treave that brought up the subject of rape in the update to begin with.
Well, we knew it was coming the moment we heard of razing villages. These guys were consistently portrayed as assholes.

But yes, it is good that we got the earlier conversation out of the way and can now concentrate on other things.

Can you imagine anyone in their right mind saying that?
Yes. Anyone who is tired of this free-for-all bullshit and longs for a strong hand to unite them. We will omit that we are uniting them for another glorious crusade, of course. :M

I'm more into mind rape.
The kids will already worship you as a savior. You can condition the boy to become a Grim Warrior so that it never, ever happens to his sister, and you can condition the girl into doing whatever you want if you promise to maaaybe look out for the safety of her brother. Siblings tend to work that way.

Less edge, more sense please.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
it seems like a lot of effort for very little gain.
Can we take them as pages?

Felines are nice and all, but they are just not as prestigious. :obviously:

Actually, now that you mention it, there is a custom choice I'd like to go with.

A4: Use Gigadyne. Again.
Petrification should be highly effective and subtle.
Subtle, Esquilax, the word is subtle.

No one will be able to link us to the Ion Cannon or even tell that we were here if all they find is just a few statues.

I can understand announcing our arrival to the gobbos, but what statement are we making here?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Maybe worth it if they showed any potential of being powerful enough to do your work for you, or even if they're royalty of some sort. But as far as you're aware, they're just normal kids. You'll have to justify why you'd put in years of work into molding them and making them stronger as your personal assassins or whatever job you have in mind, it seems like a lot of effort for very little gain.
Because most of the work is already done for us. The soldiers will break them, we'll just take advantage of it. We won't have to work hard to make them stronger if we make pleasing us their life goal. If they suffer for it, oh well.
That's why I want to roll with a cold, manipulative bastard in the long run for this character: we don't have to do shit if we have millions of fanatical followers to do it for us. Gotta put in the effort for that to take off first, though.
fanatic-islam.jpg

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Isn't it a pity we didn't pick the lich? :troll:

Its for the best. The Lich in that anime is a faggot and not in the good way. Hotties trying to jump his literal bones and him hemming and blushing like a 5 year old girl with her skirt pulled up in front of Uncle Chester. Plus we would have to spend all our research time on penismancy.

If we take anymore prisoners can we have our goblin scholar do the interrogations instead of fumblerina the eviscerator? We arent the lich we have no use for corpses piled up like cordwood.

I vote B A2

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Because most of the work is already done for us. The soldiers will break them, we'll just take advantage of it. We won't have to work hard to make them stronger if we make pleasing us their life goal. If they suffer for it, oh well.

You're taking advantage of nothing, breaking them gives you no benefits or drawbacks. They're not already powerful heroes that you can use. If it's just throwaway pawns you want, you have a whole village of them. If you want to make weak peasants into strong underlings, you have to invest.

Of course if you're only doing this to set yourself up for the eventual dramatic betrayal when the heroes reveal how you lied to your trusted twin henchmen and they become disillusioned with you, I can approve of that. :M

If we take anymore prisoners can we have our goblin scholar do the interrogations instead of fumblerina the eviscerator? We arent the lich we have no use for corpses piled up like cordwood.

Possible. But someone would have to teach him, and since you have no idea how while Rin is the only one around who has the theoretical knowledge, he'll have to apprentice under her to start with.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Rin is the only one around who has the theoretical knowledge, he'll have to apprentice under her to start with.
Oh Gawd. If there is one thing worse than being uneducated, it is being taught wrong. The latter is so much harder to fix.

We need to develop some mind spells for loosening one's tongue.

Absinthe

Arcane
Expressing interest in underage girls is bad, but expressing interest in underage boys is worse.

B!

lightbane

Arcane
It seems this update contains a lot of info.
Rin: "Sorry, I cannot into not killing!"

So, the only thing she knows to do is to kill people messily and little else. Sounds like the average DnD martial class :troll:

Also, Angels in this setting are Old Testament ones but with their brutality turned to 11... Or the average Megaten Angel, heh.

Rin follows you, looking intensely at your remaining wing. “Crimson feathers that could set men on fire, huh?” Then she looks at your halo. “A circle of light that fires rays of destruction, eh?” Finally, she concludes: “I’m a bit jealous.”

She's totally comparing her wings with ours here and feels butthurt upon noticing the size difference.
Her fingers tentatively reach out for the soft feathers, but she is quickly disgusted by the strange grin on your face and balls them into a fist. “N-No. I shall refrain. Touching you is something a maiden should only do in the worst circumstances, or in a fight.

Totally, she's learning how Erdrick works. By the way, is she referring to specifically touch the wing, or our body in general? Perhaps demons are way more prude than I thought.

As they draw closer, you see that they appear to be two children, about fourteen years of age. A boy and a girl, both could be described as budding flowers that would bloom beautifully in a few years: their facial features are similar enough that you think they could be twins. Children… you were not too far off that age yourself when you were thrown into the war, barely of age to marry.

I see this universe knows how jrpgs work.

Your gaze is naturally drawn to the:

A. Boy.

Our character can relate how this young kid feels right now. It's just that, there's nothing strange here going on at all.
:M
Besides, as long as these kids do not look like these two, we are completely fine.

Lasty, for the last choice, I take:

A1.
Let's see if Erdrick can show off how fabulous he is without getting killed horribly in the process.

EDIT:
archaen I never heard about this Overlord anime/manga. Is it good? That anime Skeletor-guy seems quite badass.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Totally, she's learning how Erdrick works. By the way, is she referring to specifically touch the wing, or our body in general? Perhaps demons are way more prude than I thought.

The 'you' in that sentence refers specifically to you, as in no one should ever have to touch you unless they have no choice.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
EDIT:
archaen I never heard about this Overlord anime/manga. Is it good? That anime Skeletor-guy seems quite badass.

It is animu so if you can stand your normal dose of tropes like crossdressed children, loli vampires, yangire love interests, battle butlers, etc. then it is ok.

Right now it is suffering from male power fantasyitus where the protagonist is just so powerful and badass that he can walk over anything and has no real antagonist. It is only 5 episodes in and could get better? I havent read any manga so I have no idea where it goes. If I was writing it I would make his Evil Empire army take his half hearted musing to want to conquer the world to heart and basically do it despite his wishes as so far he has been a Neutral Good Overlord. Then he would have to conquer his own "unbeatable dungeon" to save the land in his white knightness.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If I was writing it I would make his Evil Empire army take his half hearted musing to want to conquer the world to heart and basically do it despite his wishes as so far he has been a Neutral Good Overlord. Then he would have to conquer his own "unbeatable dungeon" to save the land in his white knightness.

They do, and it's not against his wishes. He doesn't care about the land one bit.

Nevill

Arcane
fumblerina the eviscerator
:bro:

We should totally nickname her Rina-fumblerina. :M

Dammit, Rin.
I have a feeling that they called her Black Deathaxe because they had to ax any undertaking she took a part in. :M

Y'know, let's recap.

She is a princess and royalty. She always had someone do things for her. Can she tidy up the house? No, menial labour is beneath Her Highness. Can she cook? How dare you, there are chefs for that! And it seems she didn't learn anything useful as a heir to the Demon Throne, either. A typical spoiled child.

Fighting is all she is good for, and the Hero owned her at that without breaking a sweat. I see an identity crisis incoming as she frantically struggles to prove her worth as a successor to her father. Good. :smug:

Baltika9

Arcane
You're taking advantage of nothing, breaking them gives you no benefits or drawbacks. They're not already powerful heroes that you can use. If it's just throwaway pawns you want, you have a whole village of them. If you want to make weak peasants into strong underlings, you have to invest.

Of course if you're only doing this to set yourself up for the eventual dramatic betrayal when the heroes reveal how you lied to your trusted twin henchmen and they become disillusioned with you, I can approve of that. :M
For the same reason cults brainwash their members. It will obviously take effort, but the hardest part, breaking them mentally, can be done here by the soldiers, after which we can build them back up how we want them through emotional extortion (like what Madam Nie did to Miss Bai, only worse). They can't become disillusioned with us because there is nothing to be disillusioned with: we didn't raze the village, we didn't harm them, we showed up in the nick of time and saved them and let them have revenge on the people who harmed them.

I'm thinking of Darkseid/Thulsa Doom type of brainwashing: fanatical followers ready to jump off a cliff and die on our words.

But the idea isn't catching on, so I'm just arguing semantics here.
I see an identity crisis incoming as she frantically struggles to prove her worth as a successor to her father. Good. :smug:
...brainwash her too?

profreshinal

Arcane
Why is everyone voting for the dogooder options? PC is supposed to be fallen from that path!

Baltika9

Arcane
We were never on that path to begin with. And, to be fair, saving the kids isn't necessarily the good guy option. Depends on what we do with them afterwards.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The PC is a do-gooder, obviously.

There will always be some "dark sinister" rationale for why suspiciously good things keep happening.

Healing potions used on goblins "for evil science test" and children saved "for evil refugee slave status"

We were never on that path to begin with. And, to be fair, saving the kids isn't necessarily the good guy option. Depends on what we do with them afterwards.

Doubtful. This character is too weak.

profreshinal

Arcane

The prologue was all about a fallout with everything that is considered good. We purposly betrayed the good guys without any reason to do so in exchange for a piece of ass and were ready to throw the world in to darkness for it.

I suppose if you want to rescue the girl just so you can be the one to rape her that's a non-good solution to the situation but you just know nobody is going to vote for that.

Nevill

Arcane
...brainwash her too?
Well, that's my preferred type of action for this LP. Enslaving entities through their vices and all. :M

Her arrogance can only mask her incompetence for so long. We are getting things done, and she doesn't.

You don't even have to brainwash her. Sooner or later, she will crave for a validation, and there is no one to give it to her but us. With all due respect to our goblin minions, their worship is a poor indicator of one's abilities. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
The prologue was all about a fallout with everything that is considered good. We purposly betrayed the good guys without any reason to do so in exchange for a piece of ass and were ready to throw the world in to darkness for it.

The way I understand it, our character was never a good hero to begin with. Erdric would much rather slack off with some busty chick in the bar than be out there fighting evil or whatever.
You don't even have to brainwash her. Sooner or later, she will crave for a validation, and there is no one to give it to her but us. With all due respect to our goblin minions, their worship is a poor indicator of one's abilities. :lol:
She was competent enough at fighting to lop our wing off, though. And I think that the goblins will worship us no matter what we do, since almost killing them counts as a mark of honor.

treave, out of curiosity, are there orcs in this setting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom