Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Undertale

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I know that, I merely said they put them in, please read more closely.
And to say Undertale isn't 'something new' is almost as ridiculous as saying the same thing about PS:T.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
I actually had a good time playing this. Some concepts were somewhat forced down the player's throat like being called "scum" because you took took more than 1 candy from somewhere, but I liked the humor and the overall execution. I have no relation whatsoever with jRPGs (the only ones I've ever played were on SNES emulators and f*ck me with a poleaxe if I ever cared about effeminate guys weilding megaswords, yes Final Fantasy I'm looking at you), so I judged the game as unbiased as I could. It was pretty much OK.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know that, I merely said they put them in, please read more closely.
And to say Undertale isn't 'something new' is almost as ridiculous as saying the same thing about PS:T.
Can you retards stop compairing god tier PST with shit tier Underdale? Tnx.

Seethe

Arbiter
What is the best way to fanboy around a shit game, if not to point out the join dates of people?

Stay mad, fanboy.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Seethe

Arbiter

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
main-qimg-aaf37ae1905aa73d999fc534851db012

Shadenuat

Arcane
What's there to explain? You either like it or you don't. It's a game about charming characters, and if you don't find them charming, then there's no point in playing it. I'd be surprised if any Russians liked this game, for example. Russians have cold, hard souls, that only know struggle and battle. They do know love, but it is buried, frozen in their icy hearts.
08-grumpy-cat.w1200.h630.jpg

T. Reich

Arcane
The quality of the game invites the corresponding quality of discussion.

It's probably for the best if the review was removed from the website altogether.:troll:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
If you are ambitious enough to create a game that can only be appreciated as a whole, be so kind and design it so that every moment playing it is brilliant. No one will suffer through linear, boring, repetitive gameplay for a few hours just because someone guaranteed him that after that it will pay off.

So, you must think that the entire RPGcodex top 10 is complete trash, huh?

Revenant

If you are ambitious enough to create a game that can only be appreciated as a whole, be so kind and design it so that every moment playing it is brilliant. No one will suffer through linear, boring, repetitive gameplay for a few hours just because someone guaranteed him that after that it will pay off.

So, you must think that the entire RPGcodex top 10 is complete trash, huh?
Nice troll post. The case with RPGCodex top 10 is that every game in it has its strong point obvious right from the outset, be it superb writing, vast open world or being a quality adaptation of a PnP ruleset. They all have drawbacks (it's always said over here that the perfect CRPG exists only in the Hivemind's dreams), but they differ from UT in that they have very prominent strong points, and peope play them because they focus on stuff they like ignoring stuff they don't like so much. That's very different from "just play through this shitty game, you will see in the end why it's good".

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
I think that if Undertale was a completely unknown game and someone popped in here and said "hey guys I made this check it out", at least 50% of the people that now say "meh, it's hipster shit" would then say "woah this is actually pretty cool!"

You know, tabula rasa and other philosophical stuff. Just sayin'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom