Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
Lists a single BG2 dungeon that has more enemy variety than the entirety of PoE2.

Not entire variety, but no, PoE2 doesn't have dungeons packed like that.

Parabalus

Arcane
  • fodder hobgoblins
  • more fodder
  • Raksasha with exploding imps, fodder if you can hit him (weapon enchant check)
  • "trap" room with fodder archers
  • Golem pack with Adamantite/juggernaut golem, fodder or kite to door
  • left and right fodder room with turncoat orc and troll cool, otygh backroom
  • progress hallway with fodder
  • vampire pack to the right (sunray fodder), followed by shadows in room with mind flayer room key
  • meet chick with quest
  • kill 7x identical djinni by stacking 100% FR, kill lone beholder
  • "adventurer party backstab" , IIRC the mage isn't even high level
  • progress hallway with were/wolfs (weapon +check) to room with well, air elemental with helm
  • more weres, funny trio, more kitable golems with heartseeker secret room
  • across bridge more golems/orogs
  • Tazok party, nothing special
  • lone mage
  • Dragon

Yeeeeah... PoE2 doesn't have that range of monsters in a single dungeon, not in a single one.

Lists a single BG2 dungeon that has more enemy variety than the entirety of PoE2.

Why would range be important, especially since most of the above are mindless fodder? It looks like a zoo exhibition.

Enemy variety means squat if you right click to clear and don't have to change tactics, PoE1 should have made that clear.

Parabalus calls people who say Deadfire is underwhelming and inferior to BG2 but still superior to PoE1 "haters"

That was for rating spamming the new guy (his haters), and not meant particularly serious :positive:.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Tekēhu has summons but I can't choose them, do they have prerequisites? It doesn't say so in the tooltips of the summon spells and they don't connect to any spell tree[?] or whatever.
Tekehu subclass forbids him to pick fire and beast spells.
Edit: my bad didn't see parabalus got you covered already.

Sentinel

Arcane
wTikU1m.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hah, they're actually saying that companion silliness will be toned down - by stopping them from reacting inappropriately to certain dialogues.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Free Rum Runner DLC coming next week, introducing Mirke (the orlan girl next door portrait) as a new sidekick.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I understand this community likes to gatekeep
How is promoting a niche genre gatekeeping, exactly? Do you understand the contradiction there?

Safav Hamon said:
some "Obsidian has fallen" circlejerk going on
Some users (including myself) are laughing at the low first week sales and hoping for the worst/best, sure, but to claim the entire userbase hates Obsidian when a glance at the posts-per-subforum numbers clearly shows they're the most-discussed studio on the site, is retarded. This thread is already at page 160 after only a week and if you'd actually bothered to read it before jumping in then you'd know how wrong you are.

This game is better than most of what you guys have on your top 70 RPG list.
Nobody cares about what some list says dude. Reach your own conclusions. You don't need anyone's permission to enjoy Deadfire or consider it goty or whatever.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Any ideas/pointers for Thaumaturge?

Is that priest/wizard? Well, it's either that or priest/druid. Or wizard/druid. Who knows?

Basically, this class doesn't make any sense as of now. The combats are very fast and the casts are really slow. So there's little sense in having double the casts as you're just never using them all. There's also not that much synergy between different spells & self-buffs to make any special combos or whatnot.

Arkeus

Arcane
"Free dlc" = shit that was supposed to be in the game at release
At least it's not used as an excuse to make us pay.

Also, Josh speaks well. He does seem pretty hyped on some stuff. And pissed at the designers for making swords all the time.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Any ideas/pointers for Thaumaturge?

Is that priest/wizard? Well, it's either that or priest/druid. Or wizard/druid. Who knows?

Basically, this class doesn't make any sense as of now. The combats are very fast and the casts are really slow. So there's little sense in having double the casts as you're just never using them all. There's also not that much synergy between different spells & self-buffs to make any special combos or whatnot.
Priest/Wizard. I have been running Priest of Eothas/Evoker. I found it flexible so far in PotD with respect to all the spells I have on hand, but PotD is just so horribly tuned right now.

I just like the idea of withdraw, spirit shield, devotion of the faithful (20 accuracy), and empowered wizard spells on the same character. Granted, few available passives and cast times can be a bitch.

Last edited:

imweasel

Obsidian and hipster SJW Sawyer deserved to be bitch slapped really hard for PoE IMHO, but this is just too much. I really want to laugh because I absolutely despise PoE, but this is is just so damn sad.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just finished it (PotD, no level scaling). My two cents follow:

- combat is way easier than in PoEI, I beat everything with no enchanting and no empowerment use, I quick loaded once
- naval combat is even easier, fire canons -> jibe -> fire canons -> repeat beats every naval encounter (alternatively, ramming the opposition also works flawlessly)
- there are a lot of bounties, some retard thought it would be a good idea to spread them among twenty different NPCs, which in turn are spread all over the map
- economy is as broken as in the first game, I finished with 450k gold in the bank and more gear in the inventory I couldn't be bothered to sell
- itemization is better than vanilla PoE (there's more variety in attributes/enchantments/etc.), there seem to be almost no soulbound items (only found one)
- didn't experiment with multi classing, I miss the sixth party slot though
- I like the world building, the colonization backdrop is not something we see a lot of in RPGs (the quest to invent languages/phrases in an effort to make everything sound exotic and unpronouncable unfortunately continues)

Overall, PoEII is solid decline coming from PoEI. I expected better, especially after the White March add-on.

:littlemissfun:

Does combat get (significantly) harder with level scaling?

Shadenuat

Arcane
"What's up with horrible romances?"
Josh: Idk.

edit. goddamn newspostmen too quick and i am too old

Does combat get (significantly) harder with level scaling?
No cause it's bugged.

Josh: armor looks generic but is ok

They could at least change colors of armor like regular plate > death knight black plate that is in the game. Like, seriously, all hide armors are alike. Just change colors maybe? not possibru?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom