Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It really is September Madness I guess.

Where's the news post btw

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
As expected, the negative reviews are blasting it for being janky and low budget.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I'm enjoying it so far. Atmosphere seems to be its greatest strength.

I can't praise it yet because I'm not very far, but it seems like a must have for lovers of eurojank open world RPGs.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
If you get into a fight then guards will come to your aid, so you can have fun letting the AI do battle.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
As expected, the negative reviews are blasting it for being janky and low budget.

It occured to me this would happen after Bard's Tale bombed - their marketing campaign based on impressive visuals and trailers with inception horns will attract audience unsuitable to eurojank RPG.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm enjoying it so far. Atmosphere seems to be its greatest strength.

I can't praise it yet because I'm not very far, but it seems like a must have for lovers of eurojank open world RPGs.
Eurojank is my favorite RPG subgenre. Was already planning on playing it, but now I want to play it right now.
:positive:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MvnRSrU.png

Sarcastic robot servant. I like it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FPS started out good. EPIC setting, 60 FPS. But as soon as I got to the city or whatever it is (the big area), it was slashed in half. Lowered it to high, but same brutal FPS drop. Makes me sad, looked so promising right at the beginning.

i7 processor, 16g RAM and 1060 GTX if you were wondering.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Damn, was hoping for a smooth experience. Might be a refund which would be sad, but brutal FPS drops like that is just not workable.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I would keep trying to fix it or wait for patches. This game is extremely addictive.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Atmosphere is great, an hybrid between Fallout, Bioshock and (a bit) of Torment (the real only one). Unfortunately massive and unacceptable FPS drops killed enjoyment after 20 minutes of play, refund asked. Sad, so sad.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
First example of C&C. Stop the terrorist attack peacefully and soldiers mow down rioters.

bZKTYwW.jpg

PEACH

Arbiter
FPS started out good. EPIC setting, 60 FPS. But as soon as I got to the city or whatever it is (the big area), it was slashed in half. Lowered it to high, but same brutal FPS drop. Makes me sad, looked so promising right at the beginning.

i7 processor, 16g RAM and 1060 GTX if you were wondering.

That's disappointing. I wanted to pick this up tomorrow but my specs are a little lower than yours and I can't imagine that'll go well given your experience.

Gonna keep this on the radar for now and hope for optimization down the line. Hard to believe the devs wouldn't know that the fps gets crippled so severely in that location but maybe they'll figure something out sooner or later.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I just went straight to the main game and character creation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom