Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I haven't played this game or Ultima yet, but I do own them. Basically new to them, which ones should I play first? I wonder if I should wait for Manual and play only Grimoire, it's long enough after all.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
wait for Manual

tenor.gif

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I wonder if I should wait for Manual and play only Grimoire, it's long enough after all.

If you're 30 years under your country's life expectancy, you've got good reasons to be optimist, don't let us stop you from waiting.
Cleve isn't 30 years under his estimated lie expectancy, so you are probably going to wait for Cooper to take on that project. We will have to hope that Thal DNA keeps Cleve looking 20 for the next 50 years.

He's Methuselah!

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
V2 Due Next Two Weeks, Turns Display Even Better!

22 October - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
I did quite a bit of work on the turns to make them a little more intelligent after doing buffer compares of views and found a way to make them a lot smoother than they were. They now more closely resemble the "swivels" in LANDS OF LORE except ours are a little more even. I had to get rid of the configuration for steps in turns in order to assure this happens at the right speed with the right perspective.

Version Two of Grimoire is really looking SPECTACULAR! The new regions are awesome and all integrated into the existing story! Working together with the new crafting system you have added dimensions to game play mechanics that did not even exist in the first version.

Inventory workshop needs a little more tweaking, one thing I was working on today was highlighting all possible merge candidates for an item when you click on the "MERGE" button to show you what you might be able to successfully merge given the current party member's vocation and skill levels.

Extensive trials of poisoned items tested in combat, forged items, sharpened blades and enchanted weapons. All of them degrade with use in combat until they wear off. The enchanted weapons lose their aura if you kill a monster with them. All of these play mechanics have been balanced in order to make the crafts useful but not exploits.

The wishlist had now climbed to a level that I am pretty confident will justify a $9.95 price discount when V2 comes out. After that the game will likely run a regular price of $19.95 including when it goes to GOG. If you purchase on Steam and Grimoire releases on GOG, you can be assured that your purchase on Steam will be transferred to allow you access on GOG as well - and you will have gotten it at half the price on GOG.

mondblut

Arcane
At very least, it needs a choice between one smooth turning animation and instant turning. I am not gonna replay it with forced smooth animation, that's for sure.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
First Serious Review Of Grimoire Since It Was Released!!
24 October - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
An exhaustive, fair and balanced review of the released version of Grimoire has been posted for the first time to RPG Codex in the year since the game was released!

Grimoire : The Real, Definitive Review[rpgcodex.net]

If you've ever read about Grimoire and wondered why you're always hearing two different stories about completely different games that do not appear to be reconcilable, it's because one of those stories is made up out of thin air by politically motivated people who in most cases never even played the game!

The real Grimoire is conclusively reviewed at the link above with a detailed examination of nearly all the features in the game ... but keep in mind, the author was limited by space and could not write about all the qualities that make Grimoire a one-of-a-kind roleplaying adventure! You will only find out about those by playing the game yourself and the second version will debut in the next two weeks on this page with every single feature listed in the design document that was created way back in the Neolithic period (1994 A.D.) complete and tested!

The manual has been delayed a long time because Grimoire was still moving towards additional content and features that are now present. With the release of V2, the manual will accompany the game this time so new players will be able to understand all the functionality in the user interface and the extremely complex game mechanics.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
why would they be politically motivated to give you a bad review?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 1 hour ago
... because they are mortal enemies of anything that is good, true and beautiful.

Note that Cleve gave to the above link to his "First Serious Review Of Grimoire Since It Was Released!!" the "Rage" rating , I guess he finds his own words rage inducing...?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
why would they be politically motivated to give you a bad review?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 1 hour ago
... because they are mortal enemies of anything that is good, true and beautiful.

Note that Cleve gave to the above link to his "First Serious Review Of Grimoire Since It Was Released!!" the "Rage" rating , I guess he finds his own words rage inducing...?

nothing can contain the energy of a neanderthal.

nothing.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 23 Oct @ 8:54am
Every once in a while I have stopped and loaded one of my older savegame files to see if it blends in with the added regions, items and logic. I have yet to encounter a crash. I don't know if this is perfect or not because it might need far more testing to uncover some subtle bug. What I did was expand the pointer logic by 1024 objects but start every new pointer ABOVE the original ceiling, so nothing would ever be overwritten. So far this seems foolproof. I did similar things with items and NPC logic. All the savegame loader knows is that this index goes at this slot to restore the game, which should never conflict with original data since none of it was disturbed adding the new stuff. If there does turn out to be any conflict I will patch it as quickly as possible.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[developer] 13 hours ago
Grimoire will go on sale for $9.95 and after that probably go to $19.95 as the regular price. It is likely this is what it will normally sell for on GOG if it is deployed there.

Themadcow

Augur
$10 should catapult this to the top of the Steam charts. Children around the world will open their minds to the incline, stop playing Fortnite and instead spend all their money on dance related emotes for Grimoire. Cleve should abandon all other projects after V2 and focus on creating digital hats. The gaming industry has yet to realise that party based RPG's offer 6-8 times the character customisation DLC potential.

Move aside V-Bucks, bring on the C-Bucks.

Bohr

Arcane
$10 should catapult this to the top of the Steam charts. Children around the world will open their minds to the incline, stop playing Fortnite and instead spend all their money on dance related emotes for Grimoire.

Agreed. Bringing incline to the masses is a noble aim, and surely worth the slight risk of being perceived to turn out games "like sausages". I, for one, am not ready to accuse Golden Era Games of that.

ARwhnNy9_o.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom