Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are there no RPGs with cucks as protagonists?

T. Reich

Arcane
RPG protags are the ultimate cucks, sacrificing themselves to save da world while paying for it.

Meanwhile NPC chads are fucking their girlfriends and wives while emptying their wine cellars

:neveraskedforthis:
PC: umm hi, i want to buy that sword
Merchant: yes, its gonna cost a whole bag of gold
Pc: i literally need this this sword so i can defeat lord of shadow thing
M: so are you paying or what?
Pc: if the final boss win he will literally rape your wife, suck your children bone marrow alive, turb this city into a zombiesville and pluck your ass cheek with fiery tong
M: money or out.
Pc: *sigh* heres your fucking money.

:nocountryforshitposters:
Nigga please.

Sneak, pickpocket his shit AND the sword. Then sell him his useless shit back for more moneys for me.

Is it an especially PHAT unstealable sword?
Well, then I murder the fucker (poison/explosives for that "unfortunate incident" vibe) and loot the sword.
His wife and kids will thank me later once the world is safe from THE EVIL.

HoboForEternity it's like you don't play RPGs or something.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
> because merchants tend to have lootable inventories

it's like you can't stand the fact that Chad Moneybags is banging your virtual waifu or something

jf8350143

Liturgist
When is the last time you need to buy the best weapon from a merchant to save the world? The closest thing is to make someone craft a best weapon in the game for you.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I play Chad RPG's where cuck adventurers are being exploited like chicken

btw have you ever seen anyone else in an RPG having to pay the gods for miracles? Even resurrections for that matter? No? I wonder why that is.

eggdogg

Learned
Gheyman from Xulima gets cucked by the gods...he is the ultimate cuck.

mondblut

Arcane
99% of RPG quests and subplots encourage the player to act like a pussywhipped beta, so technically all RPG protagonists are cucks, and will remain such until they learn to take proper advantage of damsels in distress.

T. Reich

Arcane
btw have you ever seen anyone else in an RPG having to pay the gods for miracles? Even resurrections for that matter? No? I wonder why that is.

Because anyone else does not get miracles when they want/need them, nor do they get resurrected at whim. They stay dead. Suckers.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

Because anyone else does not get miracles when they want/need them, nor do they get resurrected at whim. They stay dead. Suckers.

It's the priests who resurrect you, they could do that for the average Joe too I wager. They just won't charge them because they have to live with them.

A bunch of murderhobos with a hero complex OTOH, hello there you fat hens, ripe for the picking.

An RPG where you can only play Neutral Evil, when :whatho:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Because a man with a large weapon (and the skill to use it) never need fear cuckoldry.

On the contrary and there are numerous ways to refute this childish interpretation of the Hero that's clearly born out of the nom-du-père never having intervened during psychosexual development. The Oedipal Complex has never been resolved and the lack of a symbolic father creates this phantasma of Big Strong Heroes that are able to overcome all obstacles. This is almost amounts to fetishism, I'd argue, whose function is to cover-up any perceived lack, ironically making the lack even more apparent in the process.

The large weapon is obviously an indicator that the Hero has undergone some form of severe symbolic castration (-φ) and has thus lost the imaginary phallus (φ) which then led him down the path of adventuring (that's what refusing therapy does to you), which is obviously a fruitless endeavour because the Desire of the subject is not honour or riches or new weaponry, even if he thinks so. No, the Hero-subject desires to fill the inherent lack of being thrown into the world and into the exile of language, into the symbolic order. The Hero wants to return to the Real and give up the Symbolic and Imaginary, which is also not surprising regarding the apparent death-drive of Adventurers. Now, even more ironic, the Hero seeks out to have the largest weapon because it is a clear phallic object (not to be confused with the penis), because the sword is very obviously the Master Signifier, a symbol of power, that is important to the Discourse of the Master which is the inherent discourse of any adventurer with lower WIS, CHA and INT and higher STR and CON, but make no mistake, the Discourse of the Master is one of the worst Discourses you could be in because it doesn't help at all with going back to the Real.

So, in other words: Heroes have daddy or mommy issues.
You sound like a communist.

Vulpes

Scholar
Because cuckshit ruins everything. Even among h-games, the best ones have zero ntr faggotry. And even if that weren't the case, the only character powerful enough to do the cucking is the player character

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Because a man with a large weapon (and the skill to use it) never need fear cuckoldry.

On the contrary and there are numerous ways to refute this childish interpretation of the Hero that's clearly born out of the nom-du-père never having intervened during psychosexual development. The Oedipal Complex has never been resolved and the lack of a symbolic father creates this phantasma of Big Strong Heroes that are able to overcome all obstacles. This is almost amounts to fetishism, I'd argue, whose function is to cover-up any perceived lack, ironically making the lack even more apparent in the process.

The large weapon is obviously an indicator that the Hero has undergone some form of severe symbolic castration (-φ) and has thus lost the imaginary phallus (φ) which then led him down the path of adventuring (that's what refusing therapy does to you), which is obviously a fruitless endeavour because the Desire of the subject is not honour or riches or new weaponry, even if he thinks so. No, the Hero-subject desires to fill the inherent lack of being thrown into the world and into the exile of language, into the symbolic order. The Hero wants to return to the Real and give up the Symbolic and Imaginary, which is also not surprising regarding the apparent death-drive of Adventurers. Now, even more ironic, the Hero seeks out to have the largest weapon because it is a clear phallic object (not to be confused with the penis), because the sword is very obviously the Master Signifier, a symbol of power, that is important to the Discourse of the Master which is the inherent discourse of any adventurer with lower WIS, CHA and INT and higher STR and CON, but make no mistake, the Discourse of the Master is one of the worst Discourses you could be in because it doesn't help at all with going back to the Real.

So, in other words: Heroes have daddy or mommy issues.
You sound like a communist.

Oh, no?! You might be onto something! Maybe I better try and erase my tracks! Shit, Sophos, what are you doing?! How could you be this careless?

Jason Liang

Arcane
This thread needs a Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy rpg where you play as Smiley.

Also, yeah now I remember Rance gets cucked by the Shimazu brothers.

ortucis

Prophet
> because merchants tend to have lootable inventories

In good RPGs they actually do.
And are killable as well.

You playing shitty games (probably not evne RPGs) with shitty vendors doesn't mean everybody else is.

I am playing Grim Dawn right now. Played it for 25 hrs so far, according to Steam, level 41, haven't bought a single thing from any merchant.

But I've sold so much shit I am tired of making money (well, "Iron"). Had to make it so only green+ tier loot is visible to me cause I was addicted to picking everything up and selling it every few mins.

And the best part is, they keep telling me I am supposed to kill to save people/town/world or some stupid shit like that. I am just killing for fun and would've done it anyway, quest or no quest. :smug:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
1489010782186.jpg

The Maxie Playing Game lets you be a fat cuck butt pirate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom