Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Wars?

Dragon Wars

• Yea

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • KC (Yea)

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
what's a blobber?
A FP party based RPG, typically about dungeon crawling and having minimalistic graphics wherein your party moves as a singular blob

Wayward Son

So I've played some more of this and I've a few things to say:
  • The combat is somewhat simplistic at the beginning(undoubtedly it gets less so by the end) but boy is it addictive
  • I like paragraph books. Nuff said.
  • The amount of choices and reactivity to your party build is massive in not only the first city, but the "city" right outside it. Without spoiling anything, I counted 4 or 5 different ways to accomplish the first task, all using different skillsets.
  • Exploring areas feels rewarding not only in that you can get some loot or XPs, but also in validation of taking that skill that in most other games would be a fluff option
  • Really makes you think on your toes as to how to react to certain non-violent situations.

RPK

Scholar
  • The combat is somewhat simplistic at the beginning(undoubtedly it gets less so by the end) but boy is it addictive
  • The amount of choices and reactivity to your party build is massive in not only the first city, but the "city" right outside it. Without spoiling anything, I counted 4 or 5 different ways to accomplish the first task, all using different skillsets.
  • Exploring areas feels rewarding not only in that you can get some loot or XPs, but also in validation of taking that skill that in most other games would be a fluff option
  • Really makes you think on your toes as to how to react to certain non-violent situations.
that's it, i gotta get it :D

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Are you playing the dos or amiga vershun?

Wayward Son

Are you playing the dos or amiga vershun?
It's the DOS version from Steam.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The grafics look like rubbish in the DOS version, I wonder if the amiga one emulates fine.

It does.
But as I wrote somewhere else:
To be able to Save and other things like Load, you need to press down the Home key at the same time. The Home key emulates the Open-Amiga key of a real Amiga.
You also need to create a save disk first (a good alternative may be to install to a virtual HD, something I haven't tried myself) and make your emulator (I invested in the commercial Amiga Forever) use 3 disk drives. Setting the Floppy Drive Emulation Speed to Turbo there is hardly any waiting time.

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
There's also several other ways to get out of your initial predicament and with quite a few areas.

RPK

Scholar
i got out of purgatory by going into the underworld. had to find the guy who gave away mage light scrolls first.

ran around the underworld for a bit before i ran into... i think it was a lizard guy of some sort. one hit each of my guys in turn.

went to bed, lol.

Wayward Son

i got out of purgatory by going into the underworld. had to find the guy who gave away mage light scrolls first.

ran around the underworld for a bit before i ran into... i think it was a lizard guy of some sort. one hit each of my guys in turn.

went to bed, lol.
Had that same exact experience the other night

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
:necro: About to start a playthrough. How detailed is the automap in this game? If notes etc. aren't saved I may as well make my own.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It's not detailed, you only get the layout, but I barely looked at it, there aren't any spinner, hole and such in the game, only a few points of interest, and the game is not even that big nor mazey. You definitely need to take notes but I just took a list of notes and it was enough, but if you like to draw maps then why not.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Trips are dangerous. Better stop at the ST shop and restore your energy with a tasty treat.
jUrD7sL.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom