Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

lightbane

Arcane

Hyper-edgelord, Codex-worthy game?

Nathir

Liturgist
8ImaM0w.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

From the article:

Thus, creating a Fallout game where nukes are used like so many broken toys is a final nail in the series’ narrative coffin.

Fallout 3’s Fat Man, itself named for the bomb dropped on Nagasaki, straddled the line but stayed on the right side of things for a bit.

Gather round folks, come watch a person realizing mid-sentence that Fallout 3 was already retarded, thus making the entire point of her article moot, and then adding "straddled the line but stayed on the right side of things for a bit" to try to cover it up.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:hmmm:

You people seem to know more than I do. I didn't even give it a thought. Guess it's a bad idea these days to assume an ugly woman is just an ugly woman.

Viata

Arcane
https://nintendosoup.com/japanese-f...ng-him-to-tears-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
Japanese Father Crushes Son’s Pro-Gamer Dreams, By Beating Him To Tears In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
1 day ago Galajo Comments 7 Comments

Sometimes, parenting and gaming just don’t mix well together.

Recently, Twitter user @amour_rapid has been receiving a lot of internet flak for smashing apart his young son’s gaming aspirations. After his son spoke up about wanting to become a professional gamer, the Japanese father decided deliver a merciless beat-down in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – which apparently traumatized the child.

@amour_rapid himself reflected on the entire episode, through a now-hidden tweet:

“Recently my son has been saying he wants to become a pro gamer, so I didn’t hold back at all against him playing Smash Brothers. I beat him so badly that he started crying his eyes out.”

Online discussion about @amour_rapid’s parenting methods have been divisive. Some have commented that his son should be stronger and not cry over such failures. Meanwhile, others were very concerned about the boy’s self-confidence in the future:

“I think the kids aren’t crying because they couldn’t win, but because they feel betrayed by the adult. What do those adults hope to accomplish by snipping children’s dreams in the bud?”

“Now his son is going to have it imprinted on his mind that every time he has a dream, his parent is going to crush it. I think the poor kid is going to grow up to be the kind of person who gives up on anything right away.”

“It’s pretty much the same as if a child said ‘I want to be a scientist,’ and then you suddenly made him take a college entrance exam, so that he’d cry when he couldn’t answer the questions…”

Presently, @amour_rapid has hidden his Twitter profile – so it’s impossible to tell whether his son is alright. We can only hope that the whole ordeal hasn’t soured their family relations in any way.

What do you think about this? Was @amour_rapid too cruel to his son, or was it a necessary life-lesson? Let us know in your comments below.

Machocruz

Arcane
I guess the detractors never learned the lessons of Asian martial arts cinema. The teacher or villain smashes the young novice the first day of training or first time they cross paths, setting a standard that the student will train to meet/surpass over the course of the film until he's ready to tackle the real competition. It just works*

*In a society where young males aren't already complete and hopeless panty wastes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom