Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Confessional - Your Guilty Pleasure

Falksi

Arcane
Praise the Lord fellow Dexers, the time to be saved is here and redemption is at hand.

We all have them - evil, guilty pleasures which we all indulge in. But sometimes we daren't open up about them because of the social stigma which comes with such inhuman indulgences.

TemplarGR has embraced his guilty pleasure. Like a gay man coming out of the closet, he flaunts his love of Skyrim shamelessly and, whilst it may leave a sour taste in the mouth with some, the Lord forgives those who face their sins.

So what are your guilty pleasures? There is no judgement here, only forgiveness and redemption.

I confess mine is Dragon Age:Origins. Widely viewed as decline, I absolutely love the game. It's magical music, it's superb C&C, it's brilliant character banter etc. I even thrived on the combat too.

I repent for my sins, but I love Origins and yearn for a true sequel.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Superb C&C? Brilliant Character Banter?

:what:

It is true Atleticano, I loved the C&C and each adventure felt fresh enough to keep me thriving, and the likes of Morrigan, Alistair and Oghren kept me chuckling & smiling throughout.

I beg the Lord for forgiveness, but cannot deny my desire for this game. I find it brilliant.

Swigen

Arbiter
I guess perv games like Dungeon Travellers 2, Senran Kagura and that hentai game I have on steam that I can’t rememember the name of.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DA:O is definitely better than its current codex reputation; it became Goty back then for a reason.
I sunk 50 reasonably enjoyable hours into skyrim before it bored the crap out of me, but I couldn't stomach playing it again.
What comes closest to a guilty pleasure, tho not strictly an RPG, would be the first Bioshock. It came out during a time where I didn't particularly care about gaming or new releases, so I could never project my hopes about it being a System Shock spiritual successor onto it. When I played Bioshock, I could enjoy a mindless but fun shooter with very good atmosphere.

Falksi

Arcane
I guess perv games like Dungeon Travellers 2, Senran Kagura and that hentai game I have on steam that I can’t rememember the name of.

This makes me proud :salute:

DA:O is definitely better than its current codex reputation; it became Goty back then for a reason.
I sunk 50 reasonably enjoyable hours into skyrim before it bored the crap out of me, but I couldn't stomach playing it again.
What comes closest to a guilty pleasure, tho not strictly an RPG, would be the first Bioshock. It came out during a time where I didn't particularly care about gaming or new releases, so I could never project my hopes about it being a System Shock spiritual successor onto it. When I played Bioshock, I could enjoy a mindless but fun shooter with very good atmosphere.

See I too kinda enjoyed Skyrim for a bit, prob about 20 hours. It was just a shame the other several hundred hours was the dame 20 hours I'd already done over & over.

More of a guilty fling for me.

Prehistorik

Scholar
That's not how it works, you got to work hard to refine your tastes and unlike shitty games.
Continuing your analogy with a gay man, you have to stop sucking.

Drowed

Arcane
Considering the time recorded in STEAM and ignoring GOG (or other games I installed directly from CD/DVD), I think I have some:

2IUrrH8.png

user

Savant
I don't always try to harvest shitpost ratings, but when I do, I say that Fallout 3 and Skyrim become amazing and deep rpgs if you mod them well.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't know if it's considered repulsive, but I quite liked that Game of Thrones game from 2012. It had a pretty good story.

Deleted Member 16721

I played about 30 hours of Sword Coast Legends and really enjoyed it. It's also got good story and RPG systems, even if they deviate from 5th Edition or whatever.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
I don't really have guilty pleasures, as in I don't feel embarrassed for enjoying something. As for games considered shit around these parts, I've recently completed Risen 2 and enjoyed it quite a bit. Mass Effect games were also pretty fun.

Also, I like Pokemon THIS much.

Deleted Member 16721

Risen 2 is an underrated gem IMO. Not a bad game at all. I haven't played a PB game that was a letdown yet.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have no Guilty pleasures. I have pleasures. Just because a majority of some site tells me I am guilty of something, does not make it so. If something makes me happy it is doing something right and for a good reason. I am more concerned about finding what is it that it does right.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Okay. Serious answer. I am ashamed of playing videogames. Just thinking about it, I waste so much time on it I could've learned something useful or get ripped or do something that leaves more than memory and some 0's and 1's on a fucking piece of crap that is computer. I fucking hate videogames.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom