Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can I have my username changed to zaper?

zaper

Yes.
Developer
I'll give some context here:

Throughout most of my life as an Ultima Online player, I was known as ZapeR. I was a very proeminent member of the RP Brazilian community, but I was also a shitposter before shitposting was a thing.

I made a lot of people angry at me on mIRC when I was a teenager, and that made me get banned from many places.

So I had to create a new identity in order to keep playing the game I loved the most. I created "faqqa" as an alternate persona who didn't offend people and didn't make enemies, by thinking on the most bland and meaningless nickname I could.

It actually worked. I ended up becoming GM of the big servers, doing lots of quests and having lots of fun.

But eventually the scene died, and I had no more reason to use "faqqa" as a nickname. I realized it was a really stupid nick, and once someone suggested that it meant "For All Queers to Queue Around" or something, but that's not really the point.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

zaper

Yes.
Developer
Sorry, I just learned that this isn't a common thing from someone commenting on it. I didn't know you couldn't normally do that. I changed it because the previous one was appearing bugged on some notifications.

“They did not know it was impossible so they did it”

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I was a very proeminent member of the RP Brazilian community, but I was also a shitposter before shitposting was a thing.

I made a lot of people angry at me on mIRC when I was a teenager, and that made me get banned from many places.

So I had to create a new identity in order to keep playing the game I loved the most. I created "faqqa" as an alternate persona who didn't offended people and didn't make enemies, by thinking on the most bland and meaningless nickname I could.

This is relatable.

It actually worked. I ended up becoming GM of the big servers, doing lots of quests and having lots of fun.

This is my plan now.

Anyway, good luck with the username change, zaper.

E lembre-se:
Np78U4k.jpg

Cael

Arcane
I'll give some context here:

Throughout most of my life as an Ultima Online player, I was known as ZapeR. I was a very proeminent member of the RP Brazilian community, but I was also a shitposter before shitposting was a thing.

So I had to create a new identity in order to keep playing the game I loved the most. I created "faqqa" as an alternate persona who didn't offend people and didn't make enemies, by thinking on the most bland and meaningless nickname I could.

But eventually the scene died, and I had no more reason to use "faqqa" as a nickname. I realized it was a really stupid nick, and once someone suggested that it meant "For All Queers to Queue Around" or something, but that's not really the point.

Thank you for your consideration.
But that acronym explanation for FAQQA suits your avatar to a T! It is a shame to change it.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
It sure as fuck was the greatest achievement of my life for a long time, as pathetic as this is.

I was so in love with making quests and content for RP servers that I couldn't think of anything else I would rather do most of the time.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
Thanks everyone that supported me in this battle. We got a pyrrhic victory, but at least we fought well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom