Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity PoE II: Deadfire Sales Analysis Thread

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
'Also more trash mobs. And shitty ESL writing. And kiddy art. But nostalgia conquers all.'

And while Obsidian acknowledged that their encounter design needed work, the lead director of Kingmaker said this...

Turn-based battles are attention hogs. It takes a lot of time to finish one and there are many battles to be fought. Since they take up so much time and attention, these battles have to be different and unique, and that makes the game too combat-oriented for our taste.

Designing unique encounters would make the game too combat oriented for their tastes? What kind of fucking logic is that...

Flou

Arbiter
Obsidian Edition is sitting pretty at #1 spot on GOG.com's best selling games. 31 dollarus for Deadfire + DLC's is a quite good deal though.

On the all time list it jumped from page 24 to page 18, finally passing Bastard's Wound DLC for Tyranny.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Let's pretend for a moment that I don't know what 'self-ejected' means in this context

He left the forums? Was banned? Killed himself?
He requested a ban and his wish was granted (after forcing him to wait for a while).

The Real Fanboy
That's one down. Two, if you count Templar. Progress is being made.

tumblr_nbmjxaDdTy1qedle6o1_500.gif

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's one down. Two, if you count Templar. Progress is being made.
That is incline,he was the only evul bastard that wanted gone from this forum.

I am pretty sad about Templar tho,he was pretty amusing bastard and he had conviction behind his shit posting. I am pretty sure he was believing half the garbage he was posting. Also his reason for leaving was kind off legit,do hope that he decides to come back after a few months.

Flou

Arbiter
Obsidian Edition is sitting pretty at #1 spot on GOG.com's best selling games. 31 dollarus for Deadfire + DLC's is a quite good deal though.

On the all time list it jumped from page 24 to page 18, finally passing Bastard's Wound DLC for Tyranny.

Page 16 now. Almost past Tales from the Tiers DLC. That 30 dollar price for the complete edition seems to do the trick.

molotov.

Novice
This week Infinitron posted about a presentation that Sawyer did for Digital Dragons, a postmortem for Deadfire, after watching the entire video and agreeing with Sawyer I saw a video suggestion, basically a postmortem for PoE 1 at GDC, after watching that I saw the tragedy, in both videos he adressed 3 identical mistakes: companions, stronghold and "spirit" - he meant the spirit of the old classics such as BG. So the mistakes were made again but in a different fashion... hence the poor sales... but I'll be buying Deadfire... someday...

About the New Vegas and Fallout 4 discussion... well the horrid gunplay in New Vegas can be almost fixed with 2 mods - realistic damage and a hidden gem in Nexus that makes an incredible job with npc A.I -, what about Fallout 4?

Tenebris

Scholar
At this point they might as well just price cut Deadfire because it seems to be permanently on sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom