Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Smaug and Lilura argue about Baldur's Gate, RTwP vs TB, etc

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I also find it funny that you and Lutte think I’m praising GB games to sound like a cool oldskooler or some shit. Keep playing your shitty RTWP wilderness walking simulator. BG2 RTWP is hard to stomach. I’m sure the game has many great things about it.
Baldur's Gate is the greatest official D&D campaign ever made:

1. Baldur's Gate
2. Temple of Elemental Evil
3. Icewind Dale
4. Icewind Dale 2
5. Mask of the Betrayer
6. Shadows of Undrentide
7. Storm of Zehir
8. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
9. Planescape: Torment
10. Baldur's Gate 2
Oh wait it’s at the bottom of your top 10 list. I guess I should take your advice if BG1 was bad then BG2 must be on a whole new level of shit.

Curratum

Hey, first time I played, I beat Baldur's Gate 2 by using cheats to beat Irenicus in the final battle because I didn't have a single dedicated caster in my party throughout the game, I'm horrible at tactical combat, but I still think BG2 is the best CPRG ever made.

Which is kind of bothersome because that aligns with Lilura's statements... :|

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Kingmaker-100 Hours
BG1-28 Hours
IWD-20 Hours
CoK-3 Hours

My internet is fucking up, sorry for double posts.

Curratum

I beat Baldur's Gate 2 by using cheats to beat Irenicus in the final battle ... I'm horrible at tactical combat

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't laugh, I never played BG1 and BG2 was the first rtwp game I ever played, it's a miracle I made it to Irenicus with Jaheira being the closest thing I had to a spellcaster in the whole party! :D

I'm still terrible at tactical combat and effectively using spells but I started IWD for the first time a couple of weeks ago and made it to Yxunomei's room in a weekend, so I am either getting better at cheesing or slowly learning how to do things.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
In BG1 I asked a question because I forgot to read a story scroll. That’s the only guide I used.

And no, I didn’t use a fucking Walkthrough for IWD I haven’t even finished the game. You fucking retard.

Art Vandelay

Prophet
I beat Baldur's Gate 2 by using cheats to beat Irenicus in the final battle ... I'm horrible at tactical combat

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't laugh, I never played BG1 and BG2 was the first rtwp game I ever played, it's a miracle I made it to Irenicus with Jaheira being the closest thing I had to a spellcaster in the whole party! :D

I'm still terrible at tactical combat and effectively using spells but I started IWD for the first time a couple of weeks ago and made it to Yxunomei's room in a weekend, so I am either getting better at cheesing or slowly learning how to do things.

Are you sure you're not one of BG3 devs?
giphy.gif

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's got 100 hours in Poncemaker and only two hours in BG2.

It hasn't played ToEE, MotB, IWD2 or PS:T.

Fucking hell. :lol::lol::lol:

Have you played Fallout and Arcanum?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It's got 100 hours in Poncemaker and only two hours in BG2.

It hasn't played ToEE, MotB, IWD2 or PS:T.

Fucking hell. :lol::lol::lol:
? What does that have to do with anything? I never said anything about BG2. I’ll play it when I feel like going back to RTWP.

I got a huge backlog yo. There’s a lot of CRPGs to play before those.

Haven’t played Fallout or Arcanum. Will playthrough when I get to them.

Martyr

Arcane
Baldur's Gate is the greatest official D&D campaign ever made:

1. Baldur's Gate
2. Temple of Elemental Evil
3. Icewind Dale
4. Icewind Dale 2
5. Mask of the Betrayer
6. Shadows of Undrentide
7. Storm of Zehir
8. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
9. Planescape: Torment
10. Baldur's Gate 2

god bless you for including Ruins of Myth Drannor. :love:

Curratum

Haven’t played Fallout or Arcanum.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Since I’m starting Champions of Krynn, I’ll probably go through the trilogy and the Forgotten Realms trilogy afterward. Then I got a lot of blobbers to play.

You probably also didn’t know that Pathfinder Kingmaker was my first CRPG.

You know, even I am bothered by this attitude of pretending to like ancient, crippled shit like this, while at the same time shitting on newer, better made, prettier games that provide a user experience that is lightyears ahead of fucking GoldBox.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL this thread is evolving, smaug and Lilura spend the whole night/day shit tossing at each other about which d&d modern rpg is the best. Smaug argues that he knows the best even if he haven't played any of them,while lilura is her usual insane self and bites in to his retardation. Reading this garbage brought a single tear. Infinitron can't you just post some Fake article about how the devs said that it will be a first person shooter or something similar??????

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's got 100 hours on Poncemaker and yet it hasn't played Fallout or Arcanum.

Yet it's posting on the 'Dex like it knows anything. I am laughing so hard. :lol::lol::lol:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Haven’t played Fallout or Arcanum.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Since I’m starting Champions of Krynn, I’ll probably go through the trilogy and the Forgotten Realms trilogy afterward. Then I got a lot of blobbers to play.

You probably also didn’t know that Pathfinder Kingmaker was my first CRPG.

You know, even I am bothered by this attitude of pretending to like ancient, crippled shit like this, while at the same time shitting on newer, better made, prettier games that provide a user experience that is lightyears ahead of fucking GoldBox.
Gold Box has much better combat than fucking Baldur’s Gate. Jesus Christ, you are stupid.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
CoK-3 Hours.

Three hours? :lol::lol::lol:
Three of a goldbox game and he's already willing to decree them as the incline of rpg. They were the shovelware of their time. Churned out in quick succession for quick D&D licensing bucks. Very little substance beyond a level of repetition and sluggish combat against very large hordes of trash that takes more time to resolve than it should. First person crawling outside of combat, that stuff was better done in many other games of the era, and dedicated crawlers don't make you feel like punching the monitor because of the slugged combat. Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord aged better than any of this, which is why the jap are still cloning it while Gold Box faded into non existence after a quick flash in the pan of churning out 12 games in only 5 years of existence. 12 games. 12 times of this stuff. You had to be really hungry and starved for some D&D licensed cock to do all this.
Any wizardry clone will make this shit look like you're sniffing paint

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
It's got 100 hours on Poncemaker and yet it hasn't played Fallout or Arcanum.

Yet it's posting on the 'Dex like it knows anything. I am laughing so hard. :lol::lol::lol:
You keep changing the topic for some reason. BG1 is fucking trash. That was my whole goddamn point. Then you started talking about BG2, Fallout, and Arcanum. Like what?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
CoK-3 Hours.

Three hours? :lol::lol::lol:
Three of a goldbox game and he's already willing to decree them as the incline of rpg. They were the shovelware of their time. Churned out in quick succession for quick D&D licensing bucks. Very little substance beyond a level of repetition and sluggish combat against very large hordes of trash that takes more time to resolve than it should. First person crawling outside of combat, that stuff was better done in many other games of the era, and dedicated crawlers don't make you feel like punching the monitor because of the slugged combat. Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord aged better than any of this, which is why the jap are still cloning it while Gold Box faded into non existence after a quick flash in the pan of churning out 12 games in only 5 years of existence. 12 games. 12 times of this stuff. You had to be really hungry and starved for some D&D licensed cock to do all this.
Baldur’s Gate is probably deeper than Gold Box, because of rules and stuff. BG should have use them as a base for a much more interesting combat system you dumbass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom