Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will Blizzard still exist in five years?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They can sustain themselves for at least another decade on shitty iterations of WoW and microtransaction games.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They can sustain themselves for at least another decade on shitty iterations of WoW and microtransaction games.
Or just release another shit cash-grab like "Diablo" 3 or Starcraft 2:Starcraft with slightly better graphics.

Irata

Scholar
Blaming Activision for Blizzard shitting the bed is just nostalgic wishful thinking. If anything "Activision" should have stepped in sooner. It didn't help that Fortnite destroyed whatever momentum Overwatch may have had.

abija

Prophet
Overwatch and D3 sold orders of magnitude more copies than their target audience. Their momentum was negative.
Fortnite just pulled a Blizzard on PUBG.

But yeah blaming activision for blizzard's shit I never understood. People acting like blizzard's big wigs weren't made from same mold as Kotick is just nostalgia glasses.

Generic-Giant-Spider

"A world without Blizzard."

5af080e67708e944f92a40f7-750-563.jpg

NO.

THIS CANNOT COME TO PASS.

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm only interested to see how they fuck up the W3 remaster/remake.
If it's not a total cock-up I'd like a D2 remaster, but I'm not holding my breath.

Modern Blizz is trash.

Its based on the engine/codebase of W3 so its basically just a reskin, doubt they can fuck it up, although I'm sure some people will see out-of-place HQ textures and modern gloss everywhere as "fucking it up".

I think the main point of contention will be the guaranteed always-online DRMification of Warcraft 3 by turning its modding scene into the Starcraft-2-style "arcade".

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember playing Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Diablo, StarCraft, and Diablo 2 when they each came out and thinking Blizzard would be making awesome games forever. Warcraft 3 was the first game of theirs that I didn't like as much as the previous games.

:negative:

Citizen

Who cares? I don't expect them to produce anything of any quality in the future and the raping of beloved childhood franchises doesn't even disturb me anymore

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It'll exist in the same way Bioware exists today, a big name used for marketing purposes with none of the actual talent behind it.

There is powerful necromancy at work here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom