Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How's Planescape: Torment?

beings

Novice
Have you guys seen morte (speaker for morte) on the commercial for Honda yet? he looks like a cartoon guy talking about Honda's clearance sale.

The Exar

Liturgist
StraitLacedDeviant said:
How in the name of all thats unholy did you manage to make 4 repeat posts?

By reloading the page, and clicking "submit" on every reload. I did that because my provider kicks me after 15 seconds when there`s no respond from the forum server. I wasn`t sure my post are posted and i tried four times untill succeed!!!! :o

Spazmo

Erudite
beings said:
Have you guys seen morte (speaker for morte) on the commercial for Honda yet? he looks like a cartoon guy talking about Honda's clearance sale.

Holy shit, you might be right. That Mr. Opportunity guy does sound like Morte.

beings

Novice
it is the guy who does morte. Hes also the guy who does the Tick's side kick i believe. That moth guy i think.

littleboy

Liturgist
it is the guy who does morte. Hes also the guy who does the Tick's side kick i believe. That moth guy i think.

you meen Arther the ex-acountent

now the tick there's a story worth a game (or two)

and man o' man i wish i could get my hands on a copy of planescape :cry:

jsaving

Educated
There's a Planescape/Soulbringer combo pack that you might be able to find for $10 in the bargain section of your local software store. Or you can go to ebay and search for "Planescape Torment" -- there are currently 27 copies for sale!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
An over-rated ADVENTURE game. Not much of a CRPG in the least. I thought it was shitty compared to the flattering masterbation most people give it. It does have a good story though. Nothing incredible or mind-blowing.

edit: But I'd say go ahead and try it, it seems I'm in the minority of thinking it's not that great.

fighting the good fight even back in the day :salute:

hexer

I noticed love for PST declines together with continuously decreasing attention span time for each new generation of gamers.
It's no wonder adventure games genre died with the 90s, most people today don't have the patience to be "slow".
We're living in a world ruled by cortisol.

I came to this site because I heard that it was full of jackasses with stupid ideas. After reading a bit I realized I was half right. :D This place is full of jackasses with teh ritte ideas because they are generally the same as mine.

You dislike Morrowind in general. I thought I was the only one that didn't llike this steaming pile. I fucking hate this game.

You like spiderweb software products. I thought I was the only one. Exile series has a kick ass story. Geneforge is good too.

Fallout is good. And the first time I played it on a mac too, which is saying something for the game itself.

I respect your opinions. Is Planescape worth my trouble?
First of all welcome to the forum, and fuck you.

Anyways PST is great if you are not a pussy like me and the excessive morbidity of everything doesn't sicken you. Otherwise, you probably won't finish it because the constant, detailed description of decaying corpses and their various fluids will make you disgusted.

hexer

Haha bro just ignore it, that was a post from 2004.
Or is it never too late to tell someone to fuck off :D

First of all welcome to the forum, and fuck you.

Anyways PST is great if you are not a pussy like me and the excessive morbidity of everything doesn't sicken you. Otherwise, you probably won't finish it because the constant, detailed description of decaying corpses and their various fluids will make you disgusted.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The authoritative source for the Infinity Engine games states that PS:T is the worst IE game and one of the most overrated RPGs of the Renaissance era.

Infinity%2BEngine%2Branking.png

Last edited:

Naraya

Arcane
An over-rated ADVENTURE game. Not much of a CRPG in the least. I thought it was shitty compared to the flattering masterbation most people give it. It does have a good story though. Nothing incredible or mind-blowing.

edit: But I'd say go ahead and try it, it seems I'm in the minority of thinking it's not that great.

fighting the good fight even back in the day :salute:
119521907-golden-shovel-isolated-on-a-white-background-.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
While I find this really amusing, Fairfax gets sad when you denigrate an RPG you used to put in your top three. :)

PS:T has never been in my top 3. For 10 years at least, my top 3 all-time consisted of Fallout, Fallout 2 and Arcanum. Also, I didn't denigrate PS:T. My retrospectives are fair.

My all-time top 10:

Top%2B10%2BBest%2BPC%2BRPGs%2Bof%2BAll%2BTime.png

Prime Junta

my top 3 consisted of Fallout, Fallout 2 and Arcanum

That's strangely narrow. IMO of these only Fallout belongs there. Fallout 2 and Arcanum are terrific but too badly flawed to belong in the top of the top of the top.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
While I find this really amusing, Fairfax gets sad when you denigrate an RPG you used to put in your top three. :)

PS:T has never been in my top 3. For 10 years at least, my top 3 all-time consisted of Fallout, Fallout 2 and Arcanum. Also, I didn't denigrate PS:T. My retrospectives are fair.

It has been five years but

Where you felt you got the complete experience and while everything can be improved to infinity by adding and adding stuff and patches, which games you thought were just amazingly complete for what they were?

Mmm... imo nothing is above Super Metroid.

But since this is the Codex, that answer probably won't suffice. So I'll go with Fallout 1, Planescape: Torment and Jagged Alliance 2. More modern games somewhat below this tier might be Dark Souls and Warband, maybe.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That's strangely narrow. IMO of these only Fallout belongs there. Fallout 2 and Arcanum are terrific but too badly flawed to belong in the top of the top of the top.

I was much more of a hardliner before I started my blog (Troika, Interplay, BIS). Even Fallout 2 and Arcanum were sacred cows to me. PS:T never was.

The post quoted by Roguey was a weak moment and off-the-cuff comment which I don't even think was posted in the RPG forum.

biggestboss

Liturgist
I'm surprised to see TOEE so low (relatively speaking), although I guess it really has only one strength in having incredible TB combat.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm surprised to see TOEE so low (relatively speaking), although I guess it really has only one strength in having incredible TB combat.

+bugs and node lag. The related post is here. If we include Temple+, it jumps to sixth place. I can't put it any higher because its campaign is average.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom