Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most racist/sexist RPGs

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
WELL SHEEEEEEEEYIT

I've known a few street-groes. The lady ones sound more like this tho

Especially the ones who are digging through trash and begin convos with Well Sheeeeeeyit.

oscar

Arcane
Planet Alcatraz.

PlanetAlcatraz%2B2014-08-25%2B13-29-31-625.jpg

16-Vcd7l.jpg

It seems like a lot (but by no means all) was swept under the rug by the translators

• [*]Most of the "black", "negro", "Chinese" in front of the noun (slave, man, woman) are cut. Most people are just called "Local".
    [*]References to prostitution are cut. Brothels are called bar, club, etc. Prostitutes are changed to local. Also, sexual contents are cut.
    [*]The planet settlements are basically scaled up version of prison gang. You have the white, black and yellow settlements (which are actually referred to as black and yellow in the Russian version), and also the Aryan fortress, which houses enemies of the Russian Empire. All these are dubbed over with "Taipen", "Ungan" and "Legion", and all the decidedly German or Russian names are changed into generic (and sometimes bizzare) names.
I also remember finding a black village full of rastafarians who only wanted to trade weed and a hilariously dumb-sounding reggae track as their theme (I'm scouring youtube for it now)

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
-Wizardry 8: if you play with a Mook character after reaching Armika he will split from the party for a day to visit his kinsmen. After return he will inform you that they are in possession of Chaos Moliri. Also, you need a male char for Al-Sedexus quest. Edit: I forgot about the stamina amulets which are extremely powerful (especially for bards and gadgeteers), and can be worn only by women.
Wizardry 6-7 have a difference between male and female stats as well that often bites you in the ass because of multi-classing requirements. Cameo Locket could be only worn by males, Diamond Ring - by females, there are a lot of gender and race specific things. Skirts and bras, generally, could be worn only by females, most of armor pieces are unusable by fairies and so on.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Well yeah. Fairies (only) wear boots.
They wear robes, some hats and suede suits as well, from the top of my head. Can't wear heavy footwear such as leather boots and could use only sandals and, maybe, buskins.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I gotta get my hands on this Alcatraz game. I think I've missed quite the gem.

Dayyālu

Arcane
1-1300187986_llbdikpahogujqr.jpg

I like it quite a bit (7,62 engine after all) and the set-up is interesting, but it has literal cannibal gypsies. On the plus side, protag is a Russian muslim, so everything goes!

Darkzone

Arcane
Hate to point it out, but nearly all RPGs are racist and sexist, if there exist more than one race and two genders.

Killing Orcs or Kobolds or Goblins? Racist!
Orcs are just fugitives that seek refuge among Humans and Elves, because they are persecuted by other Orcs. Their killing of Human and Elves is just misunderstood and you got to respect their culture. You are just a Elf or Human supremacist!
You like the hard working Dwarves? Racist! Dwaves do not allow Goblins and Kobolds to live in their mines.
Dwaves enslaved by Drow is not racism it is just Drow culture. And who has driven the Drow undergrounds? The High Elves or Sun Elves. See there is the racism written even in the name of this oppressors who have oppressed the Drow literally down under the ground to live in caverns and hide. The Drow were just expressing them self and living out their freedom, before being oppressed and persecuted by the "High" Elves.

But RPGs are not sexist. Wrong! This is only for these who think that killing male Orcs or Kobolds or Goblins is not sexist. Where is the equal representation? We need equal amounts of dead male and female Orcs! We want more dead female Kobolds and Goblins.
The only not sexist society is that of the Drow, because it is ruled by females and every other society is sexist, because they are patriarchal.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Expeditions Conquistador.

This one actually has game mechanics involving racism. When you build your party you pick from pre-fab units each with it's own back story and stats - Jagged Alliance style - and one of the character traits is Racism. During the game you'll get the opportunity to either collaborate or not with local indigenous people and units who are racist will lose morale if you do.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
-DA:O different origins for different races and classes, bonus interactions when returning to the "home location", probably one of Bioware's best ideas

That sums up pretty well what a bunch of Tartuffe they are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom