Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos - free-to-play mobile sequel to Heroes 3

Sykar

Arcane
Mobile gaming was the greatest mistake of all time. It's worse than consoles.

I just do not understand how you can enjoy playing on a screen half the size of an envelope. Like wtf my Spielvergnügen demands a decently sized monitor or TV, not a matchbox I can stick under my eyelid.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I still consider HoMM3 art style a step down from HoMM2 (HoMM2 master race!), but even I wouldn't wish this tagged on to the legacy of HoMM3, it's so embarrassing.

Citizen

I still consider HoMM3 art style a step down from HoMM2 (HoMM2 master race!), but even I wouldn't wish this tagged on to the legacy of HoMM3, it's so embarrassing.
]

Yes! HoMM3 already started the decline by going for sprites made from prerendered 3d models, HoMM2 hand drawn sprites are much nicer looking. H3 worldmap is nice tho, even more clear and tidy looking than H2 one

Silly Germans

Mobile games ? Is this some new variant of pocket pool ?

Darth Canoli

Arcane

The first 21s of the trailer are almost catchy, then, it all falls apart when they show the actual game.
It's so lame to come up with something like that from such a marvel that was HoMM 2.

I spent so many hours playing that game on Hot seat mode, didn't have internet at home back then so i was downloading maps from the campus, was slow as fuck, got tons of 3.5" floppy disks full of fan-made HoMM 2 multiplayer maps.

HoMM 2 was so good, i'm quite sure that's the first game that had so many players around the world cook multi-players maps.

And now this ...

d1nolore

Savant
Mobile games have some potential but there are some flaws. Touch screen is inferior for gaming as there is no tactile feel and limits the games to simplistic controls. The device is not designed for gaming, gaming is just possible.

The main demographic for mobile games is casuals who wouldn't otherwise play games. If pong was released in 2009 with fugly animal graphics and released on iPhone it would have been as big as candy crush.

Asians love 'tarded phone games, they are glued to the screen. Ever see them at a bar or restaurant a group of them sitting there not talking glued to their phones.

Companies make simplistic 'tard grade repetitive games to appeal to the mass market. They know they suck, they are just cashing in. Look at all the 'tard hype for pokemon Go, the original pokemon gameboy game from 20 years ago was better.

Companies won't innovate or take a chance making more complex games because they are afraid of leaving money on the table by targeting the smaller demographic of non-tards.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
V was pretty much one step forward one step back kind of game. It had some really good ideas and some really bad ones. Tribes of the east is definitely worth playing though.

Citizen

Wait, the trailer says battle for Erathia? Did ubisoft scrap their nu-M&M lore (Ashan) and returned to the classic one with sci-fi starships, demon aliens and shiet?

zapotec

Liturgist
Heroes-of-Might-And-Magic-Dwarf-Horde-Era-of-Chaos.jpg

Looks like Street Fighter Alpha when one of the player starts a mega combo.

Luzur

Good Sir
I would love to have the IQ that would allow me to understand nuking all the lore for some animu-wow "style" of HoMM 5+ and then making HoMM 3 sequel as a trashy mobile geym for moon people. I think I have to finally start watching rick & morty.

RUUB A DUB DUUUUB MORTY *milks Zboj's wallet with Heroes cashcow*

Luzur

Good Sir
Wait, the trailer says battle for Erathia? Did ubisoft scrap their nu-M&M lore (Ashan) and returned to the classic one with sci-fi starships, demon aliens and shiet?

From what the devs told me when i was VIP on MM10 they scrapped the old one because it was too bloated with that and Ubisoft wanted a return to classic fantasy.

Looking at the gameplay it kind of seems interesting. You set your units positions up on a grid, then combat takes places in realtime kind of like Sega's Dragon Force. Seems a little like a weird choice for a mobile game since I'd think the turn based system of Heroes of Might & Magic would be easier to control on your phone or whatever, but whatever, it seems like an interesting system nonetheless.

But, being a mobile game also looks like it's also fucked up the whole "Heroes" forumla too. The town aspect as you'd think of it in Heroes would seem to be completely absent from the game, (which I guess has dropped Heroes from the name) there seems to be a lot of mobile game bullshit going on, and I'd guess being a free-to-play mobile game some kind of tedious grind will set in at some point to try and get players to spend money. It also just looks so fucking bland and mobile game visually. Seems like a shame, because it looks like there's a kernel of something interesting buried in a bunch of bullshit.

Citizen

Looking at the gameplay it kind of seems interesting.

Lame concept with player's skill and input having minimal impact on the combat outcome. Also this is just a clone of TFT/Autochess trying to get some money out of the overhyped trending new genre, not an original game

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Fun trivia, Julien Pirou who designed M&MX and unsuccesfully lobbied for the revival of science fantasy m&m in ubisoft (has left the company since then) just released Lore&Legacy, a pnp rpg rooted in his love for might and magic.
I don't think it's ever gonna be translated though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom