Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness The ending of Bloodlines was too abrupt

Wesp5

Arcane
The endings have nothing to do with that. The shitty second half of the game does.

I agree. The endings fit so good to the start of the game that I'm pretty sure they made them rather early! But during Chinatown and the endgame they ran out of time and it shows...

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That's a good thing IMO. As you get closer to the end there should be an increasing focus on the main plot.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's a good thing IMO. As you get closer to the end there should be an increasing focus on the main plot.

The biggest tell is that there are no longer any breadcrumbs leading you to sidequest areas, you have to explore them on your own. In the first three hubs, you're always given a reason to go to a new area/person instead of having to aimlessly wander.

Wesp5

Arcane
Another broken ending that just came to my mind is id's "Rage". Besides that it would have needed a real sequel showing what happens after the other arches surface and not a simple reset-to-original-state sequel like "Rage 2" or the SW sequels, you end up in the middle of an enemy installation and are magically teleported into the next city without having to fight your way out! Of course nothing has changed in the city in regard to what you just have done as well...

Last edited:

S.torch

Arbiter
Thinking about it a few days latter, the ending itself was pretty great yeah. I mean the final part.

Still I would be good to have some more foreshadowing if it was worth to open the sarcophagus or what happened with my characters and others in the game. But aside from that... yeah, I think the ending was good. You don't see that coming at all.

Wesp5

Arcane
Thinking about it a few days latter, the ending itself was pretty great yeah. I mean the final part.

Yes, there was too much fighting in the endgame. Therefore I added several shortcuts in the plus version of the Unofficial Patch to skip a lot of it :)!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom