Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Blood Bowl - Chaos Team

Should I abandon this LP thread for a Goblin Blood Bowl LP?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep going with this LP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abandon this one and please stop spamming us with goddamn Blood Bowl LPs, you freak

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I agree. Watching chaos wreak havoc is all good, but if you can make the codexian goblins win tournaments, that's even better!

I'd go for normal difficulty as well, yes. Being a goblin team is tough enough as it is, no need in having a cautious AI to go head-to-head with. :P

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vortexx said:
I kinda like the chaos team

Well oof. If I keep playing with them, I might throw in one or two updates more for this team at some point. I realise it's hard for you guys who're doing extremely well on this team to see it so tragically disbanded just because the coach is getting bored :P

This just in: the Dallas Cowboys disbanded. The stated reason? Wade Phillips got bored.

Oh by the way, I am listening to the roster requests. I was actually planning to make Volourn and Skyway into the trolls, but hey, Azira and Rabidredneck will do. Edward R Murrow is the Looney. I still have a pogoer and fanatic left to claim, and I'll draft other Gobbos from active commentators as well obviously. Just don't expect to live long, most likely only Azira and Rabidredneck will, though maybe the secret weapons will too

Silellak

Cipher
Brother None said:
Vortexx said:
I kinda like the chaos team

Well oof. If I keep playing with them, I might throw in one or two updates more for this team at some point. I realise it's hard for you guys who're doing extremely well on this team to see it so tragically disbanded just because the coach is getting bored :P

This just in: the Dallas Cowboys disbanded. The stated reason? Wade Phillips got bored.

Oh by the way, I am listening to the roster requests. I was actually planning to make Volourn and Skyway into the trolls, but hey, Azira and Rabidredneck will do. Edward R Murrow is the Looney. I still have a pogoer and fanatic left to claim, and I'll draft other Gobbos from active commentators as well obviously. Just don't expect to live long, most likely only Azira and Rabidredneck will, though maybe the secret weapons will too

Keep this team around, definitely. Depending on how well the Gobbo team plays out, you might need the morale boost, if nothing else.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Brother None said:
I was actually planning to make Volourn and Skyway into the trolls, but hey, Azira and Rabidredneck will do.

Durr... Oh-kay boss. Boss point, Az smash. If Az fuhget, Az reel sorry. Az no mean eat little green ones. Dey jus look sooo tastee.

Mhmmmm.. Din din!

JoKa

Cipher
Spinning randomly around with a giant ball and chain till hitting the sidelines, mowing down friend and foe? HELL YEAH!

(make me your fanatic, please..?)

krbkkr

Novice
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just out of interest, perhaps the blitz mode is worth trying? You can try out that option to buy phat loot (=RPG!)

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
krbkkr said:
Just out of interest, perhaps the blitz mode is worth trying? You can try out that option to buy phat loot (=RPG!)

Yea, give Blitz mode a try, the first LP never got a chance to show what else you could spend your gold on.

Mantiis

Cipher
Yar blitz mode ages your players so you have to rotate them otherwise you will find yourself with half a team when people start retiring.

Shuma

Scholar
Another option to consider its to do a league / season instead of the Campaign. Part of the inducement problem occurs because there are no teams > 1500 TV in the DB from which they draw teams. Teams not in your cup (which is almost all of them) don't even play matches. If you run a championship, all games will be simmed and you'll start seeing teams with higher TV. It even gives you a concrete goal to shoot for (win a season, win two seasons, whatever) which is always nice for an LP since you have a finish line to work towards. Just a thought.

Padre

Liturgist
I would like to apply for a gobbo player ! As you already have all the secret weapons and trolls I will be happy to be a measly goblin.

And about blitz mode - it can get very annoying because AI will get like a million in inducements and spend it on spells, hero players and handicaping your players. As goblins I'm not sure you really need that kind of stuff.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well, can't you pick and choose in blitz mode? I could exclude aging (which just sounds like a pain in the butt) and handicapping, but include training, drugs, contracts and spells?

Also, playing a standard championship instead of the campaign sounds like a good idea. No Cup obv.

Sander

Educated
I'm looking forward to you getting your ass handed to you over and over again in various hilarious ways as a Gobbo player.

Padre

Liturgist
Brother None said:
Well, can't you pick and choose in blitz mode? I could exclude aging (which just sounds like a pain in the butt) and handicapping, but include training, drugs, contracts and spells?

Also, playing a standard championship instead of the campaign sounds like a good idea. No Cup obv.

To exclude aging you would have to make your own championship but yeah, I think its doable.

The problem is, AI will always get bigger inducement and rape your ass with it. But hey, it should at least LOOK fun. To us, not you, obviously :twisted:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Match 26!

hartman3.jpg
Lads...I never thought I'd say this, but...I'm proud of you. You are no longer scum-sucking festering pieces of putrescence. No...

hartman5.jpg
...instead you upgraded to barely sentient pansy-assed wusses!!! You think you're something because you can squash a bunch of half-wit teams? Well think again! Next match is against the dwarves, and I want to see EVERYTHING out there. Touchdowns! Blood! Injuries! KOs! Fouls! If by the end of this match the dwarves aren't beaten, bruised and preferably dead, I'll send you all on training camp...to Waziristan!

Welp, you heard coach. Better win, and win good.

So, the Purity Cup final is against the Dwarf Giants. We're 2-2 for playing them in finals so I'm not exactly nervous. Boy they have a stocked roster, though, evidenced by their relatively low inducement (480K), but they can still afford their standard buys; bribe the ref, extra re-roll, troll slayer star player.

update26_006.jpg

Playing in Orc stadium.

I win the coinflip and elect to receive the ball. We get a "Get the Ref" event, so free fouling this entire half!

update26_012.jpg

Boom! And immediately in Jim Cojones injures a troll slayer. He's apothecaried back.

update26_020.jpg

I love a good foul. Not rolling up any nice injuries on 'em, tho'

They're showing pretty strong blitz, so I zig-zagged Biz (using him as a ball carrier despite his abundance of SPP to minimize risk on this final game) to the right side, and then down the middle.

update26_023.jpg

You can see two pockets of brawling, one on the left side and one right side deep. Jim Cojones is just finishing off Valamin there.

update26_029.jpg

HanoverF pushes another player off the pitch. Not making much of a dent in their roster, they've got about 16 players to rotate.

update26_034.jpg

"Touchdown, me!"
"No, touchdown, me!"
"Why, one of these days, head2, POW, right to the moon"

update26_039.jpg

I completely pile up on the star player here at the end of the first half to maximize my final free fouling opportunity. No luck, tho', not even a KO.

Half-time!

update26_042.jpg

Kicking off again. They've got two injuries and one KO (3 recovered), so they're easily still fielding 11, including their three troll slayers.

update26_044.jpg

I get a blitz! event, and kingcomrade capitalizes on the opportunity by injuring a dwarf.

update26_049.jpg

Taking care...

update26_050.jpg

...of bidnis.

update26_053.jpg

kingcomrade blitzes in, downs the dwarf and picks up the ball! Awesomesauce, comrade!

He's still got a dwarf covering him, but...uh...that dwarf runs away for some reason. The hell you up to, AI?

update26_058.jpg

Jim decides to punish such foolishness, albeit on another dwarf.

update26_061.jpg

urf urf urf

They got 5 injured players now, no KOs, so they STILL field 11. Tough little bastards.

I roll up another blitz, and kingcomrade and Rabidredneck make short work of the right side protection. They got some protection up for the runner, but nothing kingcomrade can't blitz around.

update26_068.jpg

Bang, another dwarf down.

update26_070.jpg

Hey, look, a ball.

Dwarves? A word of advice: PANIC.

update26_072.jpg

No not the kind of panic that allows me to injure YET ANOTHER dwarf, you dopes.

Note: all they seem to roll are "pushed" when blocking, including this blitz attempt on kingcomrade. Lucky me, I guess.

update26_076.jpg

Flurp flurp flurp.

update26_078.jpg

You guys doing alright? Note that they haven't even KOd or injured a single one of my players so far.

update26_080.jpg

Ok, so get this: not only are they fielding only 9 players, but we took out both the runners, so they have to put a troll slayer in the backfield. AND not only that, but we roll up a rock-throwing event. Silellak is put down, but only stunned. The troll slayer put in the backfield to pick up the ball is not so lucky, and is KOd. Can I get a pair of lollerskates? 'coz I'm rolling all up and down their asses.

update26_081.jpg

orly?

update26_082.jpg

yarly

update26_088.jpg

HUMILIATIONS GALORE!

update26_089.jpg

The cheerleaders are going nuts! WITH PAIN!

update26_092.jpg

Oh man. That hurts just to look at.

50% ball possession, 91% possession of opposition half
4 TDs
4 tackles, 5 KOs, 7 injuries, none sustained

*winces*

Painful.

update26_093.jpg

A metric ton of SPPs follow, including a whopping 10 for kingcomrade (2 injuries, 2 TDs). It's an outrage he was not made MVP!

update26_095.jpg

Congrarurations indeed.

update26_099.jpg

Ogg Jr levels up and gains tackle. Bizarelly, it's the only level up.

Competition, career stats and team roster coming up next update.

The last word belongs to the coach

hartman5.jpg

hartman3.jpg
You did well.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Season stats:
kingcomrade best scorerwith 2 TDs
OldSkoolKamikaze best defender with 3 knock downs
Jim Cojones most violent with 6 injuries, dead

Hall of Fame players:
SerratedBiz best scorer with 14 TDs
NiM82 best defender with 17 knock downs
Jim Cojones most violent with 22 injuries, dead

Hall of Fame team stats:
In touchdowns scored with 54
In casualties with 93 injuries, dead
In running with 1504 yards
In spectators with 682000
In money made with 1190000

update26_100.jpg

Current roster.

update26_106.jpg

Career stats.

update26_104.jpg

Trophy case.

Welp, Gobbos are up next. I think I'll go for blitz-mode classic championship, or whatever I need to do to not get totally weirded out by blitz rules.
I've been practising a bit. I know you guys probably prefer if I don't, but I just have no idea how you're supposed to win games with Gobbos. I mean, I've seen every team score or come close to scoring, except Gobbos. I've never even seen 'em leave their half with the ball. wtfbbq.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dodge! Dodge like there's no tomorrow. Buy heaps of rerolls and dodge away from almost all fights with your regular gobbos.
For opponent big 'uns, use the looney or fanatic. Put the trolls in the LoS.
Remember, goblins can run and they can pick up the ball. They can even be thrown by the trolls. But they get a penalty to actually throwing the ball for being stunty.
The stunty thing helps heaps with dodges though, as they don't take any penalties from dodging from one tackle zone into another.

If you manage to get an agility 4 gobbo, you'll need only 2+ for dodges, and all goblins have the dodge skill already.

Am I ranting? Guess I am. Stupid me.

Hope you can use some of this though.

Grog

Educated
Brother None said:
Welp, Gobbos are up next. I think I'll go for blitz-mode classic championship, or whatever I need to do to not get totally weirded out by blitz rules.
I've been practising a bit. I know you guys probably prefer if I don't, but I just have no idea how you're supposed to win games with Gobbos. I mean, I've seen every team score or come close to scoring, except Gobbos. I've never even seen 'em leave their half with the ball. wtfbbq.

Two words: Throw Teammate

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sportforredneck said:
This game looks fun as hell. Is it actually?

Yes.

Grog said:
Two words: Throw Teammate

I've noticed. You can score in one turn with that move, theoretically, near as I can figure. I nearly did once, but missed the landing roll.

Anyway, please: less discussing Gobbos, more discussing the awesomesauce final match of the Seaskuas. We'll leave the Gobbo discussion for the new thread.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Rabidredneck said:
How close is my character to a level up?

One SPP.

But your character has tackle. My lil' player building chart says you get a prehensile tail next.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom