Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

A new RPG from CDPR?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Havoc, May 24, 2011.

1. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    This was never a bad thing either.

Then the cash from the sales can be used to repeat the whole process all over again. Which is fine because the game will rule. Probably.

^ Top  
  2. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    So basically they are going to make another Witcher game? It's probably a hacker and slasher, kinda like Dark Alliance.

^ Top  
  3. el Supremo Liturgist

el Supremo
    I'd say, they are going to revive the console version of TW1, that have been mothballed some time ago.

^ Top  
  4. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
    Haven't they been working on an FPS some time ago?

^ Top  
  5. CrunchyHemorrhoids Cipher

CrunchyHemorrhoids
    Sarcastic pearls before swine.

^ Top  
  6. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    They said it will be Witcher related. They also said some time ago that the console version of TW2 would probably be shown at E3.
    So it's either that, or resurrected Rise of the White Wolf on the new engine.

Yeah, They. But the development was halted and everyone working on it put to work on TW2. And the last thing I heard before that happened was that they pretty much completely redesigned it.

^ Top  
  7. Toffeli Atomkrieg, ja bitte Patron

Toffeli
    Wasteland 2
    Yes, someone posted this a while ago on the GOG forums.

Maybe they resurrect Rise of the White Wolf or it's a console spin-off based in the Witcher world.

^ Top  
  8. el Supremo Liturgist

el Supremo
    Witcher for Wii

^ Top  
  9. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    A Witcher roguelike for Nintendo 3DS

^ Top  
  10. BelisariuS.F Augur

BelisariuS.F
    ^ Top  
  11. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    I already smell shit...

^ Top  
  12. quasimodo Augur

quasimodo

This.

Neither CDP nor Obsidian are doing anything real to stop the decline. You guys might like TW2 and New Vegas better than DA2 and FO3, but it still the same kind of shit.

^ Top  
  13. Ermm Erudite

Ermm
    It will probably be that shooter game, which they were developing and put on hold (altough not cancelling), to focus on Witcher 2. That game's description is as bland as it gets. BANG BANG terrorists BANG BANG robots PIW POW Aliens.

^ Top  
  14. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    It will prolly be just TW2 for consoles BUT I'd like CDPR to do totally different game (RPG, ofcourse) in a totally different setting on their engine. That'd be awesome.

^ Top  
  15. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just for the visuals. Seeing the comment about "console, be happy" is a :decline:
    The funny thing would be if they said "We have a great game for the consoles! A Turn-Based cRPG!" :lol:

^ Top  
  16. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  17. Arcanoix Scholar

Arcanoix
    Witcher 2 is garbage anyway. I have yet to even open it after the garbage ending. Yes, I said it - ENDING, not ENDINGS. Fuck them. When their CEO retired/left CDP:R, it was for good reason - his company started to turn to shit. Shit quality, prettier engine, big profit - all because of consolization.

^ Top  
  18. Pablosdog Prophet

Pablosdog

Too bad witcher 2 was better eh?

^ Top  
  19. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Playing a non-Geralt character in the Witchers setting would be kind of cool. Provided it was not console exclusive.

^ Top  
  20. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  21. Rhalle Magister

Rhalle
    Perhaps it will be both. That "Rise of the White Wolf" console port of W1 was mothballed apparently for financial reasons, and W2, as is shown by the utter shit consolified UI, was coded for consoles from the outset.

Maybe it'll even be something like them raising capital from initial sales of PC-only W2, just as sort of proof of their value, in order to launch a W1+W2 combo thing sometime in the near future. Clearly they want to run with the big boys and be a console platform player. Before they postponed the release, I can remember seeing a RotWW promo video with a Potato mouthing all the console developer buzzwords, like he had been to an XboX re-education camp or something.

This misses the point of TW altogether, tbh. :rpgcodex:

And, yeah, they also mothballed an alien invasion shooter as well. There were bits of video of it sprinkled in a 'We're CDPR And We're Awesome' teaser they released a year or two back, if I remember right.

Ah, I remember now: it's called They.

Courtesy of Google images:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  22. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Non-Geralt does not mean non-witcher.

^ Top  
  23. Devil Scholar

Devil
    Then maybe his "daughter", more ass is always welcome.

^ Top  
  24. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    What is the name of that elf fag in TW1? That bard?

Yeah, if he's the main potato of that rpg it would be awesome. Pimp my style!

^ Top  
  25. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Hmm, prehaps The Bard from 4/1/11 is real?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)