Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Aeon of Sands - The Trail Released

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Okay, I'm playing this. And I think levels are too big. Luckily you navigate quite fast.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
It's ok, not great, IMO. Tries slightly too hard but not cringeworthy either. YMMV.
Doesn't deter from enjoying the game, anyway.

Bladderfish

Augur
Okay, I bought this on Sunday and refunded it today.

The 2 hours 20 minutes I played were incredibly basic. First dungeon - kill rats, press the occasional hidden button, find 2 quest items. Second dungeon - kill ants, find scythe. Third dungeon - kill crawlers, find sword.

That was it. I mean there was nothing else aside from a couple of magic items, far too many consumable items to use, a few pressure plates and some really irritating scenery that made you lose health when you stepped on it.

Basic in-fucking-deed. Maybe it gets better, but the first couple of hours were as bland as sawdust porridge.

As for the writing ... pffhh. I mean, I'll give them points for trying something different, but it doesn't exactly immerse a player in the game.

3 out of 10. Gonna buy Kenshi instead.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, the graphics and the atmosphere look promising - and I love step-based blobbers. But the real-time combat and apparently pretty bad level/story design are big minus points.

marcuz

Two Bits Kid
Developer
We did an in-depth interview with The Gazette of Independent Gaming :)

here it is:
https://medium.com/@gofig.news/a-coffee-break-with-florian-aeon-of-sands-the-trail-5410422ac0d8

The dialogue focuses on the themes of the game's narrative and on the development itself, with Florian talking about the tools he created to support the game.

A little preview:

wtHZEmX.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom