Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence March Update

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I concur, but it takes more to win than maxing your physical attributes. Skills, weapon type (within a class), armor, tactics - they all make a difference.

Johannes

Arcane
Are there any negative effects from having high bodycount in the full game, btw? Like some people being too afraid or too disgusted of your brutality that they won't properly cooperate with you.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Any ETA on the updated demo? I haven't had the time to try the current one yet, and I'm wondering whether it's worth holding out a bit longer.
It's worth waiting, considering the number of improvements. No ETA yet - working on it, a lot of stuff is already done and being tested. Adding alternative quest solutions will take until the end of the week, probably, and then we'll need to test them too.
WHERE IS YOUR CHAPERONE YOUNG MAN!!! WE'LL SEE HOW MUCH PROGRESS YOU MAKE WHEN I ATTACH THESE ELECTRIFIED CLAMPS TO YOUR PLENTITUDE OF BALLS (WITH LOVE OF COURSE)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO OKAY LAST POST HONEST

FIRST OF ALL YOU DESERVE MY PREORDER WITH ALL THE FUN I HAVE HAD WITH THE DEMO I GUESS I AM A GEEK WHO ENJOYS MIN MAXING SHIT AND TONIGHT I FINALLY GOT A TERMINATOR TITLE BY GETTING THE MINES AND THE BANDIT CAMP

I FINISHED THE MERCHANT STORYLINE WTH A GRIFTER AND IT FUCKING HANDS OUT SKILLPOINTS LIKE A CHEAP WHORE ALTHOUGH AGAIN IT WAS FUN AND I DID NEED A FEW RELOADS TO MANAGE MY SHITLOAD OF SKILLPOINTS FOR THE NEXT TEST

PRAETOR AGAIN ALL TALK AND REALLY EASY

THEIF HAD SOME OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS THE MERCENARY THERE WERE SERIOUS CHOKE POINTS AND IT ANNOYED ME IN THE SAME WAY I BUILT A SNEAKY LOCKPICKING STEALING MOTHERFUCER AND I GET STREETWISE OR FIGHT 2 BATTLES IN A ROW NEVER FINISHED I MIGHT TRY AGAIN CAUSE I KNOW THE EASY WAY OUT

ASSASSIN I DID WITH A 10 STR 10 DEX 2 HANDED SWORD MURDERING MOTHERFUCKER WORKED NICELY IN THAT QUESTLINE

ANYWAYS AFTER INITIAL DISSAPONTMENT I HAVE RECONCILED MYSELF WITH YOU GAME VISION AND THE MAIN PROBLEM I CAN DISTILL ALL MY COMPLAINTS DOWN TO IS SKILL BOTTLENECKS IE YOU KEEP CHUGGING ALONG WITH A TRADITIONALLY VIABLE SKILLSET BUT THEN YOU HIT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFEREBT LIKE I THINK MY SNEAKY ASS THIEF NEEDED MORE OPTIONS AT THAT ENDGAME

YOU KNOW BRO THOUGH I AM A FAN OF THE BEGGINNING ASSASSIN BEING HARD FUCK THOSE POPAMOLE HOMOS YOU CAN SKIP THE FIGHT IF IT IS TOO HARD LIKE I DID WITH MY RECENT TERMINTAOR PLAYTHROUGH CAUSE THE INITIAL HIGH INTELLIGENCE WOULDNT GET ME ENOUGH TO KILL HIM IN A FEW ATTEMPTS I THINK YOU DID GOOD HERE IT SETS THE TONE THAT YOU JUST CANT FUCK UP THE WORLD SO EASY LIKE IN OTHER GAMES

OH YEAH AND THE CIVILIAN MURDER THING IS BUGGED I DONT KNOW THE SPECIFICS BUT IF YOU KILL A FEW NON TAGGED BROS IN A ROW YOULL GET STOPPED BUT IF YOU FAST TRAVEL OR RELOAD YOU CAN FUCK UP MOST OF THE TOWN

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I'm with BLOBERT BRO on this. Playing a talker is much forgiving. I had quite a couple of skill check failures and still managed to turn the course of action around with other skills. The combination of trading, streetwise and persuasion works very well.

And thats the problem with, say a Thief/Assasin: you need to invest in combat skills to be competitive. On the other hand you want to have sneak/steal/lockpick/disguise. So with this build you need to keep points and check whats required next constantly. With the merchant - just invest in talking skills and avoid any combat. Which results in better experience overall.

How about giving bonus traits to weapon skills, if you pick certain class? Just check the base attrs to make sure the player does not try to make combat merchant by picking mercenary with high int/cha.

ex. picking Mercenary (INT/CHA <=5) enables bonus +whatever to some weapon. Also let imperial guards/assasins/raiders train you - if you're good enough (STR>8, CON>7) giving out bonuses.
That way you can still invest a couple of points to some other skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom