Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any mods that "fix" Fallout 3?

crazy_dave

Educated
well i tried to play it a few times but always ragequitted... And wondered how the fuck could it gain so much praise. They even managed to make the weapons shitty looking and boring compared to fallout & fallout 2... Armor too... So maybe this wanderer mod has at least some cool guns?

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Nope. Shit's broken to the bone. None of the superficial gameplay mods on the nexus can fix the horrid quests and dialog.

Eyeball

Arcane
Here's how you fix FO3.

1. Download FOOK and Explosive Entry mods since they add a lot of BOOM and BLAM.

2. Stop pretending it's a real Fallout game with a somewhat believable story.

3. Have lots of boomy and blammy fun.

If you meant "how can I make the horrible writing as good as FO1 and FO2", you're SOL. As far as the Fallout series is concerned, NV is unredeemable. It's still a fun sandbox, though, once you pile on the mods.

[insert witty one-liner here]

crazy_dave said:
So maybe this wanderer mod has at least some cool guns?

Apocalypse Armory has nice guns (it adds them to npcs, it's not an actual armory), but it's not (yet) compatible with FWE. It's compatible with FOOK, hioever, which is another popular big mod that adds lots of new equipment, among other things.

crazy_dave

Educated
Clockwork Knight said:
[insert witty one-liner here]

crazy_dave said:
So maybe this wanderer mod has at least some cool guns?

Apocalypse Armory has nice guns (it adds them to npcs, it's not an actual armory), but it's not (yet) compatible with FWE. It's compatible with FOOK, hioever, which is another popular big mod that adds lots of new equipment, among other things.

So is FWE a better all around "global" mod than FOOK?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Uninstall.exe is located in your Fallout 3 folder, IIRC.

Thank me later. :thumbsup:

No, seriously, just play New Vegas instead.

crazy_dave

Educated
Reconite said:
Uninstall.exe is located in your Fallout 3 folder, IIRC.

Thank me later. :thumbsup:

No, seriously, just play New Vegas instead.

It's not installed... I am contemplating about giving it a shot with some mods...

crazy_dave said:

Well, while I personally never tried FOOK, I've seen my brother using it, and apparently it keeps most of the vanilla mechanics while adding tons of items. FWE changes all the mechanics, but doesn't add a lot of new equipment (it adds some of the cut equipment, though). FWE also adds need for drink / food, but it's all toggable, in-game even. You can also choose damage variables and enemy spawn (you'll probably want to use MMM too).

For comparison purposes, I'd say FWE = Oblivion's OOO and FOOK = Oblivion's Francesco's Leveled Creatures / Items

You could also use FOIP to combine all these big mods together, but I haven't tried it as I think it would turn the game into a clusterfuck of rules, so I use just two (FWE and MMM).

But if you want to change the dialogs, story, etc, you're better off playing NV, yeah.

crazy_dave

Educated
Clockwork Knight said:
crazy_dave said:

Well, while I personally never tried FOOK, I've seen my brother using it, and apparently it keeps most of the vanilla mechanics while adding tons of items. FWE changes all the mechanics, but doesn't add a lot of new equipment (it adds some of the cut equipment, though). FWE also adds need for drink / food, but it's all toggable, in-game even. You can also choose damage variables and enemy spawn (you'll probably want to use MMM too).

For comparison purposes, I'd say FWE = Oblivion's OOO and FOOK = Oblivion's Francesco's Leveled Creatures / Items

You could also use FOIP to combine all these big mods together, but I haven't tried it as I think it would turn the game into a clusterfuck of rules, so I use just two (FWE and MMM).

But if you want to change the dialogs, story, etc, you're better off playing NV, yeah.

Sorry dude but i never played oblivion or oblivion with mods, so i don't know what you're comparing. So could you please explain differently?
By the way, thx for the effort! :thumbsup:

OK

FWE = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7b0mjp1wRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BRuA4HXPE

changes mechanics, doesn't add much stuff. Mostly customizable, including damage and enemy spawn / behavior. Use this if you want to fiddle with parameters and options.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOOK = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6L-7ZNagAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgpyAVysL0

adds a shitton of stuff ,mechanics are mostly the same (damage is boosted, baseball bat to the face is actually dangerous now) . Mostly static. Use this if you just want a bunch of new content. I think it makes shooting more satisfying, must be new sounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MMM = you'll want this one regardless of which of the above you use, it changes enemies, and adds some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRQQ_YZBLTc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NV = because the above mods can't change dialog, story, etc. Use this if the exploration aspect is still boring after all.

Greenworld = Use this before uninstlling, just for the lulz

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2456

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wanderers makes F3 much more challenging; the gunplay is deadlier, leveling slower... it really makes the game feel like Stalker where a couple of shots or a stray granade can kill you
As a bonus since the ammo, health items and finds are so scarce you get to use all your tricks just to stay alive like using mines, switching weapons and even using enemy armor so yours doesn’t get damaged since repairs are a bit hard especially early on
Makes for a nice change of pace since most of your usual strategies wont be viable (like just sniping with your long range weapons or just sticking to that assasult rifle) so you get to roleplay a bit more like using melee weapons for ants to conserve ammo or 10mm machine gun on lightly armored raiders

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
19904-2-1411887435.png

Anyone know any good Lover's Lab mods to pair with Jessi here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom