Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed 3

hahahahah what an incredible steaming pile of turd. Because one Starchild was not epic enough :lol:

I'm kind of tempted to spoil it to everyone I know who finds this franchise "epic" and "majestic".

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
hahahahah what an incredible steaming pile of turd. Because one Starchild was not epic enough :lol:

I'm kind of tempted to spoil it to everyone I know who finds this franchise "epic" and "majestic".
I've stayed away from AC3 ending because I want to see the trainwreck first hand when I get the chance, but the overall story went to crap with AC2 when any semblance of quality and thought went out the window and they apparently just opted for "how many conspiracies and famous historical figures can we fit into this?" I guess that's what people mean when they say they prefer AC1 despite its gameplay shortcomings.

Commander Xbox

Learned
The ending doesnt even make sense. Instead of the world being destroyed and desmond emerging to lead humanity to rebuild and start history again with a clean slate/free choice, desmond chooses to kill himself and unleash juno on the world so she can save humanity, but control them as well, which is what youve just spent the last 3 games fighting the templars to prevent. :retarded:

Modron

Arcane
The ending doesnt even make sense. Instead of the world being destroyed and desmond emerging to lead humanity to rebuild and start history again with a clean slate/free choice, desmond chooses to kill himself and unleash juno on the world so she can save humanity, but control them as well, which is what youve just spent the last 3 games fighting the templars to prevent. :retarded:

Ubisoft is just trying to out-derp bioware nothing to see here.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Remember guys, these are highly talented professional writers in teams of a couple dozens who worked their asses off to conclude the Desmond storyline in a highly satisfactory, BAFTA-award nominated ending that will justify to even make a motion picture. People are even gonna talk years after it!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Arkham City is the best Assassin's Creed game.

This. A thousand times this. Better stealth. Better combat. Better exploration.

Replace Batman with an "assassin", retool the gadgets, turn arkham city into 1790 paris and give the joker a templar hat. There's your ultimate Assassins Creed game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Haha, haven't played it yet but still laughing.

There has been a rash of endings that make no sense lately. Most of them reek of corporate meddling and a lack of clear vision.

Angthoron

Arcane
Watched that ending, looks like a setup for the guy's "surprise revival" in next part. Did anyone bother checking for pulse? Did those women even know what that device does for realsies? I expected dude to fucking vaporize when they said "Instant painless death" or some shit like that, but instead he just slumps. Calling it now, he'll be like Neo but in WHITE COAT instead of BLACK and he will have to POWER to CONNECT to the whatever the fuck they connect to? like Neo could to the Matrix. Fuckin' badass, yo!

Failing that, who cares? Was he really a character people could invest in? Also, that voice acting, awesome. A Literal 1 second pause between "A" and a word? Who fucking talks like that? At least with the way it's said, there's no hesitation in voice, or reflection, it's just A... DRAMA PAUSE. Good acting is good directing, right there. Acting in that sequence in general seemed pretty shit... Son.

RPGMaster

Savant
I watched my brother play this earlier. It was 10 seconds of walking to a waypoint, cutscene, 10 seconds of walking to a waypoint, cutscene, kill a guy, cutscene, 10 seconds of walking to a waypoint, cutscene.

In one "mission" you are supposed to kill 13 guards. My brother killed one of them, the AI killed the rest. Cutscene.

9/10. Close but no GOTY.

Drakron

Arcane
I would say the ship mini-game was the best part from what I seen, I would not mind a whole game with that mechanics but without "Dances-with-JPRG-Main-Characters" because Jesus, only Desmond can beat Conner in terms of being unlikeable.

Also the Brazilian part was lazy as fuck, did they spend 2 days on the whole thing or what?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I watched my brother play this earlier. It was 10 seconds of walking to a waypoint, cutscene, 10 seconds of walking to a waypoint, cutscene, kill a guy, cutscene, 10 seconds of walking to a waypoint, cutscene.

In one "mission" you are supposed to kill 13 guards. My brother killed one of them, the AI killed the rest. Cutscene.

9/10. Close but no GOTY.

Not saying AC is some deep mechanical gameplay filled series, but that was likely the opening hours. Every AC game has been a cutscene errand run for the first 3-5 hours.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
The best part of the previous AC games was playing parkour in a meticulously recreated historical city, but by setting it in Boston (lol) that's lost completely.

Boston is a 400 year old city that was the epicenter of the American Revolution. Although it does not have the antiquity of most European cities, it was one of the first settlements of New England. Although modern Boston bears little resemblance to Colonial Boston, what with the filling in of the Back Bay to allow for expansion, there are numerous structures from the Revolutionary era that are still standing, and the city is rife with monuments, plaques, and memorials which are a constant reminder of the city's (relative) age and historical significance. To argue that Boston is somehow historically unimportant -- read a history of the American Revolution and note such events as the BOSTON Tea Party, the BOSTON Massacre, the battle of Bunker Hill (right across the river from BOSTON), etc. -- suggests typical, knee-jerk anti-Americanism. And I say this as someone who thinks American Exceptionalism is a load of horse shit.

circ

Arcane
Well, they could have set it in Philly, which has more of the old quarter remaining. Boston's fine by me though, not that I care an inch about AC.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well, they could have set it in Philly, which has more of the old quarter remaining. Boston's fine by me though, not that I care an inch about AC.

I read somewhere they dismissed Philly because the whole city is a grid, which would be boring in a game.

Drakron

Arcane
No, there is a part that takes place in Brazil in a subway/stadium.

Kotaku said:
I like art

Diablo-312.jpeg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A young negro mixed with Turok fighting the good fight with the fellow American friends. It's so dumb on every level. Well, at least now instead of feathers he will collect blankets which will keep him warm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom