Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://news.softpedia.com/news/ant-...the-money-on-booze-and-strippers-499697.shtml
Ant Simulator Canceled After Team Spends the Money on Booze and Strippers
The funds from crowdfunding campaigns are gone
Feb 1, 2016 08:25 GMT · By Silviu Stahie
The main developer of Ant Simulator, Eric Tereshinski, announced the cancellation of the game and his resignation after he found out that his business partners have spent the money on booze and strippers.

Ant Simulator was a really promising project that would allow players to manage an ant colony from that perspective. It benefited from a couple of crowdfunding campaigns, it was trying to get in Steam Early Access, and there was even a Beta version available. From the looks of it, the project has been hit by some unusual financial problems.

It's not the first time a game is canceled due to financial problems. Sometimes the developers burn through the crowdfunding money too fast, or they don't properly evaluate the correct amount they needed for the project. On the other hand, finding out that the money was spent on restaurants, booze, and strippers (or exotic dancers if you like that term better) is a first.

Ant Simulator is no more
The development on Ant Simulator was done by a single guy, Eric Tereshinski. He partnered with a couple of other guys, Tyler Monce and Devon Staley, and together they formed ETeeski.

The developer and founder of ETeeski, Eric Tereshinski announced that the project is officially dead and that he resigns from the company. The guys that he partnered with in the LLC managed to burn through all the money they had, including the funds from the crowdfunding campaign.

As soon as he found out, Eric resigned and posted a video on YouTube in which he explains what happened. He also mentions that his two ex-partners and friends are legally covered and that he can't do anything about it, with the exception of resigning.

He is also trying to find a way for people to get refunds, but that will probably take a while.
:shittydog:

http://www.eteeski.com/

(Left) Tyler Monce, Finance

(Right) Devon Staley, Operations

pippin

Her Story keeps appearing in every award show.
Also: Tim Schafer in the "most entertaining online personality" category (sharing space with youtubers). I don't think the people at these awards have the same meaning of "entertaining" that I apply to Mr Shitface.

lightbane

Arcane
At least it's not in the "Best writing award" section any more. I guess even the journos can't be fooled forever.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You gotta be shitting me, no, I can't accept that's real.

Can you accept the other nominations?

It's pretty much expected that anything Bethesda releases will make it to these awards. They're extremely popular to the point where it they weren't nominated for something it would lead to mass suicides. Plus journalists love the free booze and strippers.
No surprise. Such awards are always about what's most popular, there's not even a shit given about actual truth.

To be honest I actually like a lot of Fallout 4's look, but its an artistic achievement rather than technical. And I'm using the word achievement in the "congrats on completing the tutorial level" sense.

Honestly are there any games nowadays that are actually technological achievements?

Drax

Arcane
If you evaluate in comparison with the last FO game then, yes, it is a good improvement on the technical side. But an industry-wide award should evaluate according to the moment's standard.
I mean, it IS $year after all...

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Whats the mod scene like these days? I remember Alien Swarm for UT2K was amazing, Killing Floor and Natural Selection, heck even Zombie Master was good fun if you found a server with people. Are mods still a thing, or is it solely the province of Bigger boobs with better physics, HORSE ARMOR!!!!! and other boring things?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Whats the mod scene like these days? I remember Alien Swarm for UT2K was amazing, Killing Floor and Natural Selection, heck even Zombie Master was good fun if you found a server with people. Are mods still a thing, or is it solely the province of Bigger boobs with better physics, HORSE ARMOR!!!!! and other boring things?

You should look up the "paid mods" controversy from last year.

And Brutal Doom for Doom.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
What the fuck is this
wtf.png

What the fuck is this website stop linking this cancer shit here

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Not many games these days come with the kind of modding support that would allow total conversions like in the old days, so it's mostly cosmetic stuff and minor tweaks.

Also game engines like Unity and UE4 are available for free/cheap, so if you have a game idea it is easier to make it from scratch than it was, so there's less need to mod an existing game to play completely differently.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
http://news.softpedia.com/news/ant-...the-money-on-booze-and-strippers-499697.shtml
Ant Simulator Canceled After Team Spends the Money on Booze and Strippers
The funds from crowdfunding campaigns are gone
Feb 1, 2016 08:25 GMT · By Silviu Stahie
The main developer of Ant Simulator, Eric Tereshinski, announced the cancellation of the game and his resignation after he found out that his business partners have spent the money on booze and strippers.

Ant Simulator was a really promising project that would allow players to manage an ant colony from that perspective. It benefited from a couple of crowdfunding campaigns, it was trying to get in Steam Early Access, and there was even a Beta version available. From the looks of it, the project has been hit by some unusual financial problems.

It's not the first time a game is canceled due to financial problems. Sometimes the developers burn through the crowdfunding money too fast, or they don't properly evaluate the correct amount they needed for the project. On the other hand, finding out that the money was spent on restaurants, booze, and strippers (or exotic dancers if you like that term better) is a first.

Ant Simulator is no more
The development on Ant Simulator was done by a single guy, Eric Tereshinski. He partnered with a couple of other guys, Tyler Monce and Devon Staley, and together they formed ETeeski.

The developer and founder of ETeeski, Eric Tereshinski announced that the project is officially dead and that he resigns from the company. The guys that he partnered with in the LLC managed to burn through all the money they had, including the funds from the crowdfunding campaign.

As soon as he found out, Eric resigned and posted a video on YouTube in which he explains what happened. He also mentions that his two ex-partners and friends are legally covered and that he can't do anything about it, with the exception of resigning.

He is also trying to find a way for people to get refunds, but that will probably take a while.
:shittydog:
e. Topic now has its own thread here:http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ncelled-but-money-was-put-to-good-use.106704/
How can they be "legally covered"? Isn't this a clear case of embezzlement?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Alien Swarm and Killing Floor turned into commercial games, both can be get for like single buck though.
Mods are still a thing but are slower and slower and SLOWER in release. Three years in development then news - mod is ded because no time and/or real life responsibilities. Heck, Stalker trilogy is currently dead since 2014.

Now there are like three mods that turn modern shooters into WW2 themed games, I mean - Insurgency and Project Reality.
Since AAA FPS games are modern shooters only - mods can do something that publisher forbid.
Oh and there is still Red Orchestra, from the guys behind Killing Floor (which also get sequel), which soon get Vietnam addon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom