Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unwanted

Unwanted
cover shooter star trek RPG.
Spock / McCoy morality choice.
Uhura romance possible.
Looks like a must try.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Sad to know that a game I enjoy is made by at least one dickless person. Ah well, such is life.

I'm glad Golden Axe was made in the '80s, else Tyris Flare would probably be fully clothed and use Feminism as her magic element.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
xZZMW.png

i don't think dave would like it here very much... you know... bullies who bully, victims who bully, moderators who bully, new members who start off their codex career by bullying... would probably make his head explode

people not being able to take a joke - as lame and overused as the joke may be - inevitably leads to the burning of danish embassies

also: anybody joining a community just to brag about how awesome his or her accomplishments in a game are, is already someone i'd like to avoid (akin to people showing their achievements in console games to anybody who happens to be in the room)... other people react to "look at me, look at me"-behaviour with jokes... or twenty pizzas, when the point wasn't taken the first time... her reaction in this case is just a display of having far too much time on her hands and being too stuck in a "i breathe, so i must be respected at all times" mindset... and the mod's reaction to that is just damage control to placate a generally easily riled up customer base

also also: reading pink on white on pink is even more eye straining than i had previously thought

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:butthurt:

http://kotaku.com/5936142/diablo-iii-interview-leads-to-unexpected-facebook-bitching

Diablo III Interview Leads to Unexpected Facebook Bitching

avt-small.jpg
Luke Plunkett

What should have been a harmless little interview with a video games website has turned into something of an internet Diablo soap opera after David Brevik, the co-founder of Blizzard North and one of the key men involved with the creation of Diablo, said some unkind things about Diablo III.

After claiming that Diablo III was "a very different game than I would have created" - Brevik no longer works at Blizzard, and Blizzard North was closed down before development on Diablo III began - he goes on to say:

I have very mixed emotions about it (laughs). On one hand I am sad that people haven't enjoyed Diablo because it's a love, a passion, and its obvious people still have a giant love and passion for Diablo and they are speaking out about it because they have such love for it. That makes me feel great.

I am sad because people are outraged and, you know, some of the decision they have made are not the decisions I would make and there have been changes in philosophy and that hasn't gone over very well. I think in that way I am a little sad.

I am also a little happy, which I hate to say, it shows that the people that were involved in Diablo really did matter, and so I am happy that it has come to light that how talented that group was and how unique and special that group was. I am hoping that, as this happens very often in the industry, you see it with Call of Duty and things like that , when the people leave the game changes and it shows how critical people are in this industry.

Understandably, some of those involved in the creation of Diablo III were upset by the comments. Unusually, though, they took to the public forum of Facebook to voice their displeasure, with Diablo III lead designer Jay Wilson reportedly saying "fuck that loser" on this comments thread, while other Blizzard developers chime in with similar, if less colourful sentiments.

Interestingly, by the time I visited the thread Wilson's comment wasn't there. So there's no proof he even said this. But seeing as Blizzard's Jill Harrington is directly referencing his comment, and her comment is still there (it was visible in the "original" image below that's been circulating all evening), it does seem likely.
Nevertheless, because I didn't get a chance to see Wilson's post there myself, I've contacted Blizzard for comment, and will update if we hear back.

The original interview on IncGamers is at time of posting inaccessible, but you can check out a cached version here.

[thanks everyone!]

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
> make shitty sequel
> previous contributor remarks that he would have done things differently
> OUTRAGE!!!!

diablo 3 seems to be a pretty touchy subject at blizzard. wonder why that is?

also, why does this fat fuck haga thinks he's been thrown under the bus by brevik's comments? he didn't even work on d2 and it's pretty much established consensus that d2 > d3.

Brevik:
:excellent:

thesoup

Arcane
:butthurt:

How I hate these retarded fanboys and their "He made a crap game so he has no right to complain" arguments.
THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT. IT DOESN'T UNDERMINE THE POINT THAT DIABLO III IS AN ABORTED OFFSPRING OF SOMEONE WITH DOWN SYNDROME AND AIDS.
Oh wait, let's apply their logic: You never did a game yourself. In fact, you couldn't program a fucking calculator in C++ if your life depended on it so who are you to say Hellgate was crap?

As for Brevik
:excellent:

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
The first one is responsible for Diabolo, the latter one has been playing WoW (and Postal IRL). They're total opposites. It's like Apollo and Dionysus thing.

Luzur

Good Sir

Peter

Arcane
Doesn't change the fact that you failed your reading comprehension roll.

I don't like it when those game creepypastas end with something coming out of the game into the real world, it's El Predictablo (really, you know the Assassin would eventually haunt the player from the first time he's mentioned). Better when it's just a fucked up game.

Another horror from the nexus:

1527516-1345475178.jpg

This image is of course nothing without the associated fan fiction:

Jasmine was ready to part ways with her lascivious companion, Amy. She could take the overt flirting with Sunny, even the occasional 'romp for caps' with a passing Powder Ganger. But the hard-bodied blonde had gone too far when she bedded the geriatric 'Easy Pete'! Even Jasmine had 'some' standards! She planned to break the news when they reached the NCR outpost.

The shrill cry of the NCR sirens broke the silence, warning all within earshot to take cover from the coming radiation storm. With nowhere else to go, the girls took cover in Primm's 'Mojave Express'. Amy knew Jasmine was angry with her, and figured she was going to part ways with her: why else would they be making the trek along the dangerous road to the NCR outpost? She tried at first to talk some sense in to Jasmine, explaining that some indiscretions with 'Easy Pete' were no reason to end their two month relationship. Jasmine was nothing, if not stubborn, and initially refused to talk. But the radiation storm was long, they were bored, and....Amy can be quite persuasive.

Lovely. The original link.

Linden

Arcane
To properly understand this you have to be Morrowind connoisseur (if you're not, you can easily skip reading those two pics) and preferably alone at home at night:
http://i.imgur.com/xTjJ5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hTOt6.jpg

I'm wondering how much of this is true.
Running Morrowind mod on Dosbox? WTF
NPCs going from exterior to interior in real time? WTF
Either way, it's epic.

Fuck you. And fuck me. It's 1.00 AM over here and that made me uninstall Morrowind. Just to be on the safe side, you know?

And now I must go to bed... to sleep, perchance to dream? Wish me luck guys...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom