Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Combining 3D armour models (mod)

Zanzoken

Arcane
Any of you guys have experience with 3D modeling? I am working on a mod for Kenshi and wonder how difficult it would be to combine two of the vanilla armours into a custom model.

Here are pics of the two items in question (NSFW warning -- almost naked girl):

jcCYc8E.jpg
9q7q8Zj.jpg
I am sure it would take some fiddling to get it to look right, but since the assets already exist is it something a complete novice could put together in an afternoon using Blender (or other free software)?

It would be theoretically possible but you would need the base 3d models ported into a format that can be opened by Blender. If you have a lot of time on your hands you could always re-make the pieces yourself from scratch.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
3d software is the most counter intuitive software i've ever seen. It's doable, but good luck figuring it out.

And while combining geometry isn't hard, what about textures? How do you combine two textures into one? How do you combine two UVs into one? Shit, I don't know.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
3d software is the most counter intuitive software i've ever seen. It's doable, but good luck figuring it out.
I've relearned how to use blender every 2-3 years because they keep radically changing the UI/shortcuts.
Fuck shortcuts, how about trying to just OPEN A MESH (and failing) in zbrush after half a year, cause you already deleted the tutorials and forgot how to do it yourself?

Zanzoken

Arcane
Thanks guys. FWIW it looks like the devs released a modder's pack with Blender templates and an import / export plugin.

https://lofigames.com/updated-modders-pack-now-available/

There's also a dude who did something similar using some of the other armors, maybe I'll send him a message for more info.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1594211115

But if I am reading you correctly it sounds like this is probably not a simple project. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom