Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Crowfall

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by PorkyThePaladin, Feb 8, 2015.

1. YES! Hi, I'm Roqua Dumbfuck

YES!
    Well know by who? A secret cabal? Where is this information located? Is the article I linked to incorrect? What else is there to it? Are you able to link something or do you know someone who is able to?

^ Top  
  2. JamesGoblin Literate

JamesGoblin
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    Confessor, Templar, Centaurs? Minotaurs? They are trying very hard to make it sound like Shadowbane :D

• honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. JamesGoblin Literate

JamesGoblin
    Yeah, there's that guy working on Crowfall...now, what was his name? J. Todd...something? Can't remember.

While I'm here, they just introduced personal kingdom building to player tests:

This building tool is currently available to pre-alpha 1&2 players. I'm saying this to avoid confusion, because the current tests are, in general, for anyone with beta 2 ($70) or higher but new features are always first allowed to more expensive test groups.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    That still does not imply that a totally different universe would end up with the same races and classes (except for the hamsters!).
    That said, where are my Birdmen? :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    ^ Top  
  6. JamesGoblin Literate

JamesGoblin
    Birdmen had a little...sex change surgery. Worry not, they're recovering and all will be fine.

^ Top  
  7. YES! Hi, I'm Roqua Dumbfuck

YES!
    Here is the skill system "streamlined." Doesn't look too shabby. I'm definitely looking forward to this game now that I know it isn't shit for monkey idiots. My only reservation being the lack of ability of people who claim to have played or play this game to explain simple things, but this is the codex so it is par for the course I guess and should not reflect poorly on the game.

https://crowfall.com/en/news/skill-training-mechanics-and-you/

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Sheep Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Sheep
    Game is still in alpha, did any of you retards play it?

^ Top  
  9. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    The modern MMO cycle: 20 years in alpha, then released as complete shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Saerain Scholar Patron

Saerain
    Meh, exaggeration aside, MMOs are seeing the same huge development stretches as ever, yet we're exposed to it much earlier by necessity of crowdfunding.

But yeah, I don't like it either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    It's the same as ever. Now you just have 100% transparency when previously, even Star Citizen would've just made it's public debut two years ago (five years out of a seven year cycle) and that's way more ambitious than *insert generic themepark MMO here*.

Also on topic I played Crowfall a month or two back and it's fun. Definitely shows more promise than Camelot Unchained.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Why do you think it has more promise than CU? I have not played either game (although I have played DAoC and Shadowbane), but just by looking and reading about stuff it would seem to me that CU is the stronger contender here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    No way. MMO cycles were always long, but you got something at the end. Out of early MMOs, almost every single one was successful to some degree: UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW, AoC, AC, EO, SWG, etc. Sure, they all fizzled out or whatever in the end, but most of these games had a good run for a few years at least. These new ones are just utter shit out of the gate in most cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. LizardWizard Arbiter

LizardWizard
    CU is fucking vaporware. There is a reason all their programmers keep bailing

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Sheep Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Sheep
    Got any sources for that? I've checked youtube yesterday and found this video:

And from what the dude says back in may(when the video was posted) it appeared that it's all well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. LizardWizard Arbiter

LizardWizard
    It's still a tech demo after 7 years. Both Crowfall and Pantheon (a failed kickstarter) have more actual playable gameplay at this point

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Sheep Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Sheep
    Ok, I see.

^ Top  
  18. Saerain Scholar Patron

Saerain
    You from the future? The last two western MMOs at that kind of scale were launched five years ago.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    ^ Top  
  19. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    You left out tons of unsuccessful MMOs that nobody remembers because they were unsuccessful

^ Top  
  20. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    I remember those (e.g. Vanguard), but their ratio was fairly low, compared to today, when it's pretty much 100%, other than shit like ESO and FF14.

^ Top  
  21. francisbaud Novice

francisbaud
    The studio has begun working on the last major milestone of the game (then it's bug fixes and polish).

This milestone includes:
    • the Frostweaver (final class)
    • caravans
    • mounts
    • refineries
    • remaining disciplines
    • the Dregs (GvG campaign)
    • ability to dynamically add, move and destroy buildings
    • etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. grimace Erudite

grimace

Is there a playable game here?

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    Any news on "soft launch"? The only reason I don't play this is because I'm tired of progression resets.

^ Top  
  24. francisbaud Novice

francisbaud
    It's playable in the sense that there's always at least one campaign running and the gameplay loop is there (gathering, crafting, leveling, siege, PvP) but still doesn't have the polish and bug fix necessary. Some people have been "playing/testing" the game for a while.

There are still at least 2 wipes (for 5.110 and soft launch) remaining. 5.110 is planned for February and soft launch sometime in 2020.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    ^ Top  
  25. GhostCow Educated Patron

GhostCow
    The big update most people have been waiting for is finally up. Looks like backers will be able to play tomorrow.

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/26899-the-war-of-the-gods-updated-6-pm-cdt/

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)