Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Detention Delving (CYOA)

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Cheesecake, Oct 8, 2015.

  1. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,423
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    C. And use the "assault" option.
     
    ^ Top  
  2. Elfberserker Liturgist

    Elfberserker
    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2013
    Messages:
    1,540
    C!
    For love of all that is sacred, I choose CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!
    In hindsight I probably should voted for staying awake in camp site. Our little nerd needs morale booster.
    :negative:
     
    ^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    8,747
    By 'morale booster,' I assume you mean head.
     
    ^ Top  
  4. Jester Arbiter

    Jester
    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2013
    Messages:
    1,493
    C
    Baltika convinced me with his morale booster.
     
    ^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,652
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Flopping to C to be one with the People. [​IMG]
     
    ^ Top  
  6. Cheesecake Savant

    Cheesecake
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    137
    Both terrified and somewhat excited of the discovery of this village, you begin to run back to Miss Katherine. Unfortunately, retracing your steps in a near-dark, labyrinthine hallway is as hard as it sounds. You make quite a bit of sound too, in the form of heavy breathing and echoing footsteps.

    The dark and the cold and the murk beneath your toes offer no solace either. Drenched in cold sweat, you are as uncomfortable as you are scared. You can't wait to get back to the fire and Miss Katherine. So warm.... The fire, of course.

    After what feels like a good thirty minutes (though you're sure your sense of time is skewered by now), you start to remember the surroundings around you. With newfound confidence in your pathfinding, you move with a fresh bounce. That is, until you hear a bestial roar. Your meekness returns. Then you hear a distinct, second roar. Your meekness brought a friend: pissed pants. Next you hear the clang of what feels like wood against wood, angry grunts and growls, and the smashing of furniture.

    "Bob biggest and strongest! You is smelly belly!"

    "NUH-UH! I is biggest and strongest! Your mom be smelly belly!"

    A sickening crunch and a pained howl signal the end of the fight. To your horror, a limping, bruised bully bursts out of a wall. You silently bid farewell to your underpants. However, the bully doesn't attack immediately. He eyes you, then smiles, revealing row after row of rotted teeth.

    "YOU! You is help Bob kill Smelly Belly! You is do this, so Bob is not eating you!"

    You decide to:

    A. Runrunrunrunfuckrunrunrun.
    B. Say yes.
    C. Kill it while its down!
    D. Call the other bully, tell him to finish Bob off.
    E. Do something else.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,123
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    E: Throw your soiled underpants at Bob.
     
    ^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,652
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I am not so sure about that.

    See, as far as we know these guys, they are lazy, cowardly and vicious. Even now one of them is trying to get his job done with our hands, knowing - or at least counting on - that we are weaker than him (or he would not be able to threaten us).

    If the other bully had the intention or incentive to finish this one off, he would have, since he is the stronger one. However, I don't think this is the case. The victor is not willing to expend more effort than he needs to (or is afraid to get hurt in the process), which would hardly change with our intervention. Not to mention that we don't have the clout to tell them to do anything. I find it equally likely that they will vent their mutual frustrations on a safer target who does not hit back all that hard.

    I wonder if we don't have anything to kill bullies with. The corpse we found earlier had gum clogging his mouth, and earlier we picked up a packet. We tasted one and spit it out, but do we have the rest? Maybe it's poisonous to them or something?

    Anyway, the guy is bruised and limping. Perhaps he isn't in the best shape to chase after us? Maybe we can run away?

    Alternatively, we might agree to his proposal and go talk to the other bully, trying to get them both riled up enough so that they forget about you. We are supposed to be a smart guy, right? Pretend to agree with him, then see how you can influence the situation.

    Yeah, that might work. B>A.
    Tally (open)
    Gobblecock D
    Grimgravy E1 - throw underwear at him
    Nevill B>A
    asxetos D
    hello friend E2 - rap it up
    Elfberserker A
    Baltika9 E2>A
    Kz3r0 A
    Kipeci E3 - walk away calmly

    A - 2 (3)
    B - 1 (0) Nevill -> A
    D - 2
    E1 - 1
    E2 - 2
    E3 - 1
     
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    ^ Top  
  9. asxetos Augur

    asxetos
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    Messages:
    777
    Location:
    Greece
    hmmmm cautiously D
     
    ^ Top  
  10. hello friend Arcane

    hello friend
    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2012
    Messages:
    5,271
    Location:
    I'm on an actual spaceship. No joke.
    E. Start freestyle rapping and flexing muscles. Exploit ensuing confusion.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Elfberserker Liturgist

    Elfberserker
    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2013
    Messages:
    1,540
    A
    Sometimes running away is good option.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    8,747
    >
     
    ^ Top  
  13. Kipeci Magister

    Kipeci
    Joined:
    May 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2,802
    Location:
    Vicksburg
    E. Just say no, walk away and tell our responsible adult.
     
    ^ Top  
  14. Cheesecake Savant

    Cheesecake
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    137
    Just wanted to put up a note to say that I'm not dead. Yet. I'm just back in my dorm and the new semester has started so I'll probs get back to this either tomorrow or the day after. :P Sorry for taking so damn long.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Cheesecake Savant

    Cheesecake
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    137
    Okay, let's get back to business! According to Nevill's tally (you're awesome for doing that, btw), we're going with A.

    Millions of years of evolution have gifted you with something better than claws or fangs. They gifted you with the ability to run away. The only sport you've had success in, your light frame and quick feet serve you well, but it seems it isn't much needed; while the bully tried catching you at first, his grievous wounds prevented him from getting far. However, a quick peek back and you realize that he hasn't given up.

    With a bestial roar, he slams the walls and ground like a baby throwing a tantrum. Dust falls as the ancient labyrinth shifts. The walls creak and the floor rumbles - and horrible, screeching cries emerge from behind the walls.

    Malformed, twisted children burst from the weakened sections of the crumbling wall, mouths watering in anticipation. "You all is kill the nerd! Chief Bob say so!"

    In unison, the small pack of children chant Bob's name, eyeing you hungrily with cold, beady, black orbs. They begin their hunt. You begin to run. Your underpants are a rainbow of yellow and brown. Surprising yourself, you run on equal pace with the smaller bullies, and given your headstart, you could possibly make it out of this alive. Possibly.

    Your path branches off in an assortment of directions, some you recognize, others you don't.

    You go:

    A. Back to where Miss Katherine is. Hopefully you can lose them in the long ways to go before you arrive.
    B. A shorter distance to go, you head back to the village you found earlier.
    C. Head through a new tunnel. You swear it wasn't there before.
    D. Back to the entrance of the Detention.
    E. Apologize and offer your help to Chief Bob.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,423
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    B. We don't want to take the gangs of nerd-eating mutants to where Miss K. is.
     
    ^ Top  
  17. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,652
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    A. And drop your underpants somewhere before you get back. Real men don't wear pants anyway.

    Speak for yourself. :M

    Though the village does sound appealing.
     
    ^ Top  
  18. hello friend Arcane

    hello friend
    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2012
    Messages:
    5,271
    Location:
    I'm on an actual spaceship. No joke.
    C>B. Seems like a really bad idea. Let's do it. Otherwise, bringing them to the village might cause some sweet sweet drama.
     
    ^ Top  
  19. Elfberserker Liturgist

    Elfberserker
    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2013
    Messages:
    1,540
  20. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Grimgravy
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,123
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

    Baltika9
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    8,747
  22. Violet Literate

    Violet
    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2015
    Messages:
    15
    B I am pretty certain no one here wants to kill Miss Katherine: its better to kill the possible people in the village instead. :P
     
    ^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

    Nevill
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,652
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    One must ask themselves, what kind of a village would be there in a dungeon where murderous abominations that command legions of deformed children are merely called 'bullies'?

    If the settlement scares off the zombie horde, would it be a good thing, or a bad thing? :M

    Good thing we've made ourselves inedible, I guess.
     
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)