Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Revision Mod

Dev_Anj

Learned
Good news! It looks like their Square Enix deal is done. From Facebook:

We got the confirmation, the Square Enix thing is now done. We need to wrap up some late reported bugs and do a few other preparations now.

So the ModDB people making conspiracies were paranoid after all.

Riskbreaker

Capital! Seems like only a couple of microissues remain at this point. It can't take long now, can it?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Good news! It looks like their Square Enix deal is done. From Facebook:

We got the confirmation, the Square Enix thing is now done. We need to wrap up some late reported bugs and do a few other preparations now.

So the ModDB people making conspiracies were paranoid after all.

More like "they were right all along".
I knew that Square were cockblicking mod. Microissues? Please...they will be more of them when people launch the game. That's the unavoidable. That's how the gaming world is.
Recently, some guy asked them to test the mod on Win10. Guess what - dozen of new bugs has been revealed.

Last edited:

Dev_Anj

Learned

Kem0sabe

Arcane
People forget this shit is free and done with a lot of free man hours.

Keep calm and wait a while longer you ungrateful degenerates

tormund

Arcane
Imo there is no orange filter. This is how it looks with the proper settings.
Well, I somehow missed your comment about ENB bloom and now that I look at it "slap artstyle of Eidos Montreal games on old DX" sounds sort of hostile.

However, it still looks like you are trying to bring visual style closer to Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.

MrRobotBear

Literate
More like "they were right all along".
I knew that Square were cockblicking mod. Microissues? Please...they will be more of them when people launch the game. That's the unavoidable. That's how the gaming world is.
Recently, some guy asked them to test the mod on Win10. Guess what - dozen of new bugs has been revealed.

These are not Win10 issues, they are general issues that affect all users. Game runs as fine on Win10 as on any other OS. Reason why they were discovered now that most of our testers are crap and also every time you rebuild a map to fix some issue another one could pop up without you knowing it. Even through we do test this stuff ourselves it's impossible to find every such glitch. He just happened to start a new playthrough on Win10 to test if the game worked there and in turn found a lot of stuff others had missed.

Paul_cz

Arcane
As long as Revision comes out before Mankind Divided, I am ok. I just want to replay DX before the new game.

grimace

Arcane
These are not Win10 issues, they are general issues that affect all users. Game runs as fine on Win10 as on any other OS. Reason why they were discovered now that most of our testers are crap and also every time you rebuild a map to fix some issue another one could pop up without you knowing it. Even through we do test this stuff ourselves it's impossible to find every such glitch. He just happened to start a new playthrough on Win10 to test if the game worked there and in turn found a lot of stuff others had missed.

Do you need help from the codex to test?

MrRobotBear

Literate
Nah, the testing part is over. Now we just have to fix what has been reported. Most of the bugs were not really critical but still annoying and immersion breaking we want to get this right.

tormund

Arcane
MrRobotBear I think this post from the Steam forums is very worrying: http://steamcommunity.com/app/6910/...18282119/?tscn=1441475311#c520518688949769347 . Are you really saying this is going to be a Steam only release and GOG and people with the original game can't play the mod? That would be really bad, as you would effectively isolate a fair chunk of your potential fanbase.
I hope not.
If Revision is really going to be released exclusively trough Steam, then that has Square Enix written all over it.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
07-minister.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Since when does a mod require Square Enix' approval? None of the other DX mods that you can use today, do not require their approval.

Weasel
Since when does a mod require Square Enix' approval? None of the other DX mods that you can use today, do not require their approval.

It's hard to forget this comment though:

And now our talks are complete, we are not going to throw away a large opportunity for some serious promoting that could significantly offer benefit for both the mod itself and for our personal resumés just because it might take some extra time. Especially not since they are actually cooperating and being very patient with us and all of OUR back and forth.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, I guess getting some promotion directly from Square would be very visible. And not too surprising it would be STEAM only.

I'm sure people will find a way to get around that though... :M

Shevek

Arcane
I listened to the soundtrack samples on the website and they just sound worse than the original soundtrack to me. No offense to folks to put hard work into these but the original soundtrack is quite good and I just dont see how this is better.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This picture of one of the mod devs should clarify the situation:

maxresdefault.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom