Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age site updated

obediah

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
dumbfuck said:
Yes.

He's right kc, kotor didn't have a threesome with hot flexible chinese chicks. And also in Kotor good was white and evil was black, but in JE good is one color and evil is another color. Also they like had totally different mini-games.

Also they stripped out all the complexity to appease their crackhead focus group. As volly shows, it worked.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Also they stripped out all the complexity to appease their crackhead focus group. As volly shows, it worked."

Again, anyone who thinks KOTOR is more complex, or better than JE is just plain old fashion stupid. :twisted:

obediah

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Also they stripped out all the complexity to appease their crackhead focus group. As volly shows, it worked."

Again, anyone who thinks KOTOR is more complex, or better than JE is just plain old fashion stupid. :twisted:

These are from memory, so I'm sure I'm leaving some out, or getting something wrong. The difference is so overwhelming though, half of this could be made up and you'd still be wrong.

Character development:

KoToR = D20 variation, 6 stats, various "classes", many feats, several conversational and environmental non-combat skills, and tons of phat lewt to modify all of them, lightsaber gems. Management is done for entire party.

JE = 3 stats, 3 conversational skills. no env. non-combat skills, one amulet that you can switch out some bonuses to your 3 stats and 3 skills with. and stacking style bonuses you have no control over. Can power up your styles, but it's just simple +x damage, .x% cost, X% speed boost crap. This is done for one character.

Combat:

range and melee attacks, many force and feat abilities offer a wide range of distinct effects to choose between. 3 member party allows some teamwork.

control one character with 1 npc, melee attack (slow or fast!), shoot fire, ice, or earth, swing a weapon, or turn into a monster. Ready four styles and when one of your 3 stats gets low, switch to a style that either replenishes it or uses another.

It's not even close in either area, so just shut the fuck up and go back into your cave. Mass effect will be out before too long and you can come running out covered in bio-sperm raving about how it's the bestest, most complexist, supar-rpg evar!!!!!!!! Man you suck.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Is that the best you got?

Bottom line is KOTOR is nothing. NOTHING AT ALL.

JE is easily more complex than KOTOR. Anyone who has played both, and is even remotely intelligent would know that.

Then again, you ar estooping to calling me a BIO fanboy when we're comparing two BIO RPGs. Do you even realize how ludicrous that is considering the debate we're having?

Volourn: I believe BIO's JE is more complex and better than BIO's KOTOR.

Obediah: You only think that because you are a Bio fanboy!

Hhahahahahaha!!
LOLOLOLOLLIPOP

obediah

Erudite
Volourn said:
Is that the best you got?

Bottom line is KOTOR is nothing. NOTHING AT ALL.

JE is easily more complex than KOTOR. Anyone who has played both, and is even remotely intelligent would know that.

Well, when you so convincingly counter each of my points, and back up your position with such solid evidence, I'm certainly convinced ... (everyone together)...that you're a dumbfuck.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Because when you try to pass 'tons of ph@t lewt' as complexity there's not much to counter.

Then again, you are the one convientely ignoring the fact that you are accusing me of being a fnaboy 'cause I prefer one BIO game over another. LOL

I guess I'm a Troika fanboy because I prefer Arcanum over TOEE.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLIPOP

obediah

Erudite
Volourn said:
Because when you try to pass 'tons of ph@t lewt' as complexity there's not much to counter.

Oh, maybe complexity means something different in retard than in english? Managing the lewt in kotor was much more complex than managing the amulet in JE.

Then again, you are the one convientely ignoring the fact that you are accusing me of being a fnaboy 'cause I prefer one BIO game over another. LOL

I looked back through the thread again, but I still can't find where I said you were a bioware fanboy for prefering JE to KOTOR. I don't think your bio fanboi status has ever been in doubt. However, since you are incapable to saying how JE is more complex, picking apart things you made up is probably your best shot.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLIPOP

You should just stick with this in the future.

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
Then again, you ar estooping to calling me a BIO fanboy when we're comparing two BIO RPGs. Do you even realize how ludicrous that is considering the debate we're having?
Volourn making actual logical conclusions in arguments?! I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandieur.

kris

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
dumbfuck said:
Yes.

Had you played the game then you would at least had some authority on this.

I liked Jade Empire, but it was bogged down with incredible easy combat and that it was way to short.

With that, I wish Dragon age will be less "blockbuster" and more game.

kris

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
I've played them. :|
kingcomrade said:

Bah, I had to backtrack to see what we actually talked about. Anyway, while there are obvious similarities there are some things pushing them apart. the most obvious clear thing being how combat works, the second being the difference in character development. What is similar is the general gameplay mechanics and the modular way the game is built.

The similarities beween most RTS ever built is closer than between these two games IMO.

bryce777

Erudite
Let me explain to you what is going through crazy little volourn's 'mind'.

First, I will go back to the creation of kotor.

"Gee, guys! D20 is complicated. If you mess up your character it will be impossible to finish the game, and a lot of our fans are dumb console kiddies. We better nerf blasters and make the game as easy as humanly possible. When we make games in the future let's keep it simple so that no one can fuck it up!"

Volourn: LOLOLOLOLIPOP! Kotor is out I'll play it. SHit, kotor sucks! Fuck you idiots! This is simple I just runa round and everything dies! LOLOLOLOLIPOP!

Volourn: JE rocks! Shit, that fight took like 45 seconds, but I am really smart and know all the combo moves! LOLOLOLIPOP!

Volourn: People who think kotor is comples are stoopid!

Volourn: I can't get the taste of cock out of my mouth!

That last is an actual volly quote, btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom