Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Generic-Giant-Spider

"I don't like PVP because it makes my palms sweaty, throat dry, and heart race. I feel this intense flush of anxiety wash over me and it's just not a pleasant experience."

-Every pussy that ends up slaughtering the idea of PVP in games with PVE/PVP.

Black

Arcane
Bethesda literally have no fucking clue what their fans want,it's obvious a bunch of Bethtards wouldn't want to go sweaty PVP.
I think here's the beauty of it: it's not bethesda that has to accommodate its "fans", it's their fans that constantly shift to please their bethesda overlods.
They've produced the single best fanbase ever.

RapineDel

Augur
I think Fo76 shows that Bethesda don't have an abundance of loyal fans though. Sure, they've got their outspoken 50k or so who will buy and kid themselves with every possible release but there's not enough of them to satisfy Zenimax. Fallout 3-4, Skyrim etc. are only huge because there's a huge market of players who aren't interested in well made content, interesting quests or anything requiring thinking, they just want a fantasy/post-apocalyptic setting where they can make their own fun for however long they want. Z

These people will never be interested in anything outside of that which is why it's pointless for Bioware and the like to try and reach that audience. They aren't people who like anything about traditional RPGs and it's why Bethesda will keep removing such features.

Mud'

Scholar
Note that these lunchboxes have been in the store code from day 1. There are also "events" in the Atom shop code. Let's see when those see the light of the day.

I remember seeing that one of the planned events were the opening of the vaults, there are going to be enemies inside (everyone is dead) and they open up after you do some stuff.
If they seriously lock the events of the vault opening behind microtransactions, the dumpster fire might as well never stop until the next E3 when Todd announces new shit.

msxyz

Augur
TES6 will be just FO76 with swords. The bad reception means nothing, zenimax can buy a better one next time. They arent testing if they can get away with this bullshit, they can safely ignore the noise.
This piece of shit is good platform for microtransactions and its un-pirateable. It would be stupid for them not continue this way. Also FO76 is probably highly profitable.
...and in case Zenimax owners become annoyed or see the investment as being too risky, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply decide to close the studio(s) and sell their IPs. Grab the money and run. I bet EA or Activision would be willing to fork an insane amount of money for the rights to own the Elder Scrolls franchise. The end result would be equally bad (Bioware or the modern day Blizzard are as shitty as Bethesda, yet each in its own, unique way).

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
"I don't like PVP because it makes my palms sweaty, throat dry, and heart race. I feel this intense flush of anxiety wash over me and it's just not a pleasant experience."

The weird thing is that they'll go to a strictly PVP game and post shit like this trying to get the devs to completely 180 their design.

Like, the overwhelming majority of games are PVE, do you really need to come shit on the 1% of PVP games?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.vgr.com/fallout-76-player-count-on-ps4-could-be-even-lower-than-suspected/
Fallout 76 Player Count on PS4 Could be Even Lower Than Suspected
My PS4 Life was recently released by Sony, giving players a way to see their 2018 trophies and top games played. However, it seems that the videos may have had an unintended side-effect; giving gamers a way to work out the player counts of games on the PS4. Figures for almost 100 games, including the Fallout 76 player count, have now been calculated by Gamstat. If accurate, it would suggest that the number of Fallout 76 players on PS4 is well below Bethesda’s expectations.

How Accurate is the Figure for PS4 Fallout 76 Player Count?
Gamstat’s methodology for working out player counts is based on two figures. One part of the My PS4 Life videos reveals both the number of people who earned certain trophies, and the percentage of total players who earned that same trophy. In the case of Fallout 76, for instance, 8.3% of players earned the “Photo Bomber” trophy. Specifically, that’s 33,764 players. As a result, it can be calculated that around 406,795 people have played Fallout 76 on PS4, if just under 34,000 constitutes 8.3% of the total player base. Given that PlayStation is currently the dominant console in the console market, that figure is likely to be higher than the player count figure on Xbox One.

hat figure, if accurate, is well below Bethesda’s prior claims that the game has “millions” of players. Indeed, other recent releases boast much higher figures. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has around 9.2 million, while FIFA 19 has 12.5 million. However, there’s a few things to take into account before accepting these figures as fact. Firstly, PlayStation has not confirmed the accuracy of the methodology, and is unlikely to do so. As a result, there could be factors at play which people are unaware of.

Some factors that we do know, however, is that in some cases the numbers could be region specific and not reflect the entire global audience of a particular game. Additionally, they may have been taken from a particular window in time as far back as the 20th of November; only shortly after the launch of Fallout 76. Given all of that, you should probably take the figures with a grain of salt. However, even if the exact numbers aren’t accurate, the player count is clearly below expectations; perhaps even more so than already suspected. If so, Bethesda faces an uphill battle to fix Fallout 76’s problems and regain the support of the community in 2019.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
https://www.vgr.com/fallout-76-player-count-on-ps4-could-be-even-lower-than-suspected/
Fallout 76 Player Count on PS4 Could be Even Lower Than Suspected
My PS4 Life was recently released by Sony, giving players a way to see their 2018 trophies and top games played. However, it seems that the videos may have had an unintended side-effect; giving gamers a way to work out the player counts of games on the PS4. Figures for almost 100 games, including the Fallout 76 player count, have now been calculated by Gamstat. If accurate, it would suggest that the number of Fallout 76 players on PS4 is well below Bethesda’s expectations.

How Accurate is the Figure for PS4 Fallout 76 Player Count?
Gamstat’s methodology for working out player counts is based on two figures. One part of the My PS4 Life videos reveals both the number of people who earned certain trophies, and the percentage of total players who earned that same trophy. In the case of Fallout 76, for instance, 8.3% of players earned the “Photo Bomber” trophy. Specifically, that’s 33,764 players. As a result, it can be calculated that around 406,795 people have played Fallout 76 on PS4, if just under 34,000 constitutes 8.3% of the total player base. Given that PlayStation is currently the dominant console in the console market, that figure is likely to be higher than the player count figure on Xbox One.

hat figure, if accurate, is well below Bethesda’s prior claims that the game has “millions” of players. Indeed, other recent releases boast much higher figures. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has around 9.2 million, while FIFA 19 has 12.5 million. However, there’s a few things to take into account before accepting these figures as fact. Firstly, PlayStation has not confirmed the accuracy of the methodology, and is unlikely to do so. As a result, there could be factors at play which people are unaware of.

Some factors that we do know, however, is that in some cases the numbers could be region specific and not reflect the entire global audience of a particular game. Additionally, they may have been taken from a particular window in time as far back as the 20th of November; only shortly after the launch of Fallout 76. Given all of that, you should probably take the figures with a grain of salt. However, even if the exact numbers aren’t accurate, the player count is clearly below expectations; perhaps even more so than already suspected. If so, Bethesda faces an uphill battle to fix Fallout 76’s problems and regain the support of the community in 2019.
I like how the title suggests the player count is lower than the estimate but if you actually read it all it does is explain how the player count is probably higher than the gamestat estimate. Journalism!

Suicidal

Arcane
Guys imagine a hypothetical scenario in which you are stranded on a deserted island with a working PC that will work forever. You must choose one game that you will play till you die - Fallout 76 or Fortnite. Which one would you choose? No you cannot take the easy way out and kill yourself.

Molzey75

Augur
Guys imagine a hypothetical scenario in which you are stranded on a deserted island with a working PC that will work forever. You must choose one game that you will play till you die - Fallout 76 or Fortnite. Which one would you choose? No you cannot take the easy way out and kill yourself.
Is that some Voight-Kampff test or what?

Mustawd

PvP is retarded dude.

Is it hard carrying your man bag?

I don’t have one, but. not sure what this has to do with playing video games.

*looks at join date*

Ohhhhh...ok.

I’m guessing you’re 15. Got it. Makes more sense now.

Generic-Giant-Spider

PvP is retarded dude.

*looks at join date*

Ohhhhh...ok.

Would me being 15 excite you?

Mustawd

PvP is retarded dude.

*looks at join date*

Ohhhhh...ok.

Would me being 15 excite you?

No, that’s weird. I was just stating a fact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom