Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by frajaq, May 29, 2018.

1. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    was there any info about cross platform playing together?

^ Top  
  2. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    no info but i wouldn't count on cross platform

^ Top  
  3. Wulfric Pinewood Learned The Real Fanboy

Wulfric Pinewood
    Parrots:
    Fallout was killed by Bethesda long time ago, at moment when Bethesda decided to pay for the rights .
    Bethesda is able to do mediocre crpgs at their best [yes, Morrowind included] , and great modding platforms with almost none to zero memorable crpg values.
    Let's be honest, they are not the ones, who can handle modern world, or post apo crpgs.
    As i JUST like their Elder Scrolls series, [we should notice large lore department there and.... thats all ] , i can't stand "emptiness" of worlds created by Bethesda.

They made action games since Arena with almost generic and very straight forward - corridor like story mechanics , poooooor side quests, and none to zero choice & consequence values.
    Be honest and say how many bethesda crpgs you have finished while using NO mods or finished at all.

Bethesda is great at giving hope and in some strange way pumping hope but after realease they rape our expectations.
    Their games are fine but no longer than first 10 hours. After that you are starting lying to yourself or just 'IMAGINE' a game you want to play.
    It's all about exploring sadly. Nothing more. Im sorry Bethesda but for now You are only empty sculpture for me.
    And this… Fallout 76 , well… what the fuck is this ?!!!! F U C K Y O U BETHESDA.
    I value my free time too much to spend any amount of it to play shit like this.

You can say Morrowind was okay, Oblivion have some fun value, Daggerfall was creative , etc. BUT , these games were empty as holy fuck.
    If You want to play walkin sim with some crpg like features go for it.
    But not playing them at all you lose nothing important. And it's sad.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Wulfric Pinewood Learned The Real Fanboy

Wulfric Pinewood
    Parrots:
    MOre generic shit, multi this time.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Mech Cipher

Mech
    Parrots:
    Hey look, a water hag from the Witcher series.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. I want to be Life Coach Grorious Reader Patron

I want to be Life Coach
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    There's nothing wrong with cashing into a craze, as long as you're using that cash to push the limits of your other games. Instead of trying to make good games from the ground up, they've been building tech demos on the same software for 15 years. "We've got this engine, what can it do?" not "This is the rpg that game design wants to make, get the best programers you can."

• M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    With the perk cards, Bethesda clearly wants players to role play, because you cannot create a character that specializes in everything, but only in 1 specific thing.

So bethesda wants people to play as a trader, medic, shop keeper, craftsman etc.....

Now depending on how they will implement those systems, either it will work out, or they will fail and everyone will just be hunting each other down and pvping.

However if they would succeed, you most likely would be meeting a lot of 'random' things, with people doing different things, you could see someone running a shop in one place, someone mining in another place....etc, and then players would realy take place of the NPCs

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Roygbiv Literate

Roygbiv
    Parrots:
    I guarantee they'll make reuse Van Buren concepts for the inevitable dlc packs. The Colorado dog city one in particular, would probably sell like hotcakes.

^ Top  
  10. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    F76 already is a van burn/vault 13 concept

^ Top  
  11. Roygbiv Literate

Roygbiv
    Parrots:
    I'm admittedly not super well acquainted with the Vault 13 development problems. On the same subject, whatever happened to the Fallout MMO that Interplay was working on?

^ Top  
  12. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    sad. I want the butt hurt

^ Top  
  13. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wait a fucking minute. Enclave armor? Wasn't it created after the War? On the fucking oil rig?

• Rage x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    Parrots:
    remember that time travel gate in F2?

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    It's already established not to look at the lore, there are super mutants also..... they just put in everything they have

• Rage Rage x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :fallout3:

• Participation Award Participation Award x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. PanteraNera Savant

PanteraNera
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. PanteraNera Savant

PanteraNera
    Parrots:
    Project Vault 13 = Fallout MMO, developed by Interplay.
    What happened? Short answer Bethesda canceled development (if I remember correctly they went to court and stated that Interplay do not meet their quality requirements / have not enough money to finish the game)

^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Pfft, Bethesda may have cancelled their ability to make it, but everybody knows it was vaporware anyway.

• Despair Despair x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. frajaq Learned

frajaq
    Parrots:
    That's not canon anymore

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Roygbiv Literate

Roygbiv
    Parrots:
    I just remember clicking on the site with Ma Rainey playing in the background. I thought it was a fanmade viral marketing scheme. It really is sad to see Interplay fall apart, but I've heard that the company itself was botched to hell with poor management.

^ Top  
  22. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Parrots:
    What is canon?
    :philosoraptor:

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    big canon !

[​IMG]

• nice nice x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. PanteraNera Savant

PanteraNera
    Parrots:
    Easy everything that Bethesda thinks is funand cool

perfect Bethesda canon example (open)
    [​IMG]

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:

I bet Todd wrote that himself

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)