Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FTL: Faster Than Light - Advanced Edition

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This game is fucked up.

I don't play the MCA's Advance Edition because it looks like shit - not his fault.

After ~99 tries I've managed to beat the boss without Cloak or Teleport. On Easy.

15043008048_58e811fd03_o.png

15229221962_6a2dbd1f8d_o.png

On Normal I cannot go more than 3 sectors: invaded by 2 cockroaches or 4 humans, encountering scouts with 4 different weapons, no fucking augmentations or no fucking lifeforms to recruit.

I've visited an entire nebula sector and in the end I had 15 scraps like in the beginning but I've recruited 4 assholes. Nice game.

This is basically trolling. One wrong jump and you are basically back at square ONE. Shitty balancing.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
You just need to learn the game. Don't play on easy and force yourself to play on normal for starters.

Gozma

Arcane
Yeah after I played it a bunch I came to think you could probably get like 90%+ win rates with the good ships (e.g. Kestrels A/B) that can sleepwalk through the first couple of sectors (with the AE content anyway, since hacking will almost always be available and it prevents most "never got decent weapons, can't do anything" dead ending). There are some terrible ships that you're just playing Russian roulette with until you get lucky pickups though.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
http://www.cheathappens.com/19116-PC-FTL_Faster_Than_Light_cheats

1. FTL - FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAINER 1.5.13 (STEAM+GOG)

CHEAT HAPPENS EXCLUSIVE!
Features:

• Infinite Ship Hull
  • Unlimited Fuel
  • Scraps
  • Missiles
  • Drone Parts
  • FTL Charge
  • Oxygen
Made exclusively for Cheat Happens. WRITTEN FOR THE PATCHED (1.5.13) RETAIL/STEAM+GOG VERSION OF THE GAME. May not work with all versions. Read the included readme file with Notepad for important instructions on using the trainer. This trainer features customizable hotkeys. This file has been scanned and is virus and adware free. Some trainers may set off generic or heuristic notifications with certain antivirus or firewall software.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Not to be that dude who is all "GIT GUD FAGGOT," but seriously, the game isn't that hard. It's random, yeah, but unless you play as Engi B, I never found myself in a situation that made the game unplayable.

RK47

Patron
this bastard is too humble, guise.
i suggest we brofist him before he turns elitist.

Ashery

Prophet
this bastard is too humble, guise.
i suggest we brofist him before he turns elitist.

My highest score was a god damn loss; I've had two or three losses on the flagship that should've been easy wins. And I'm not talking about facing the flagship with poor defenses or undergunned, I'm talking about there being explicit mistakes that I made during the flagship fight that cost me the wins.

RK47

Patron
Game needs a scenario editor.
I really want to experiment with the weapons more but getting random drops made it hard to get 'the build you want'.
So far I like the laser/beam slices across rooms.
The latest addition of 'charged weapons' were quite convincing for me. You sacrifice early salvo for nice burst fire. Or take an early fire and sacrifice the extra shots.
While the 'Faster ROF after repeated fires' guns didn't convince me at all.
Flak Gun was pr. good as shield stripper too.
Laser/Beam is still gold for early game gunnery practice.
Missiles can turn games.
Drones are useful, but not terribly effective.
Engine upgrade is cheap and effective.
Manned door system is surprisingly effective when you want to isolate boarders to a showdown in the medbay.
Mind control is mostly annoying, but Ashery told me mind controlled enemies can be teleported back to your ship ... just make sure you send the poor sap into a vacuum room / rape bay.
A lot of ppl like me are not convinced with the cloning bay, but after a few runs, I can see how nice it is to have 'fire and forget' boarding parties. death doesn't concern you - sure they won't have good EXP (death reduces XP) - but at least you won't cry so much when the gold exp gunner dies in sector 7. He'll come back in 15 secs, just a little dumber.
Hacking is lulzy when you hit their piloting systems, woe to you if that happens to your ship.

Also, plz allow player-controlling flagship vs 2 enemy ships scenario.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe I'm the worst FTL player ever.

15247355781_abf5730976_o.png

Got two Ion Blaster II in Sector 3 and the game switched from survival to cheese. I had to beat the Boss with only 3 drones.

15063885938_75d15f0b77_o.png

Do you see the total number of games? I think 200 games were just restarts in sector I.

15063934538_5aa7aba3d4_o.png

This is paranoia. I swear RNG is awful on my system.

Gozma

Arcane
I wish they'd have unlocked the C ship designs more easily. The clone bay Cs let you get through most of the lost crewmember events to learn the consequences that will fuck you with a medbay, but you will already know them all by the time you unlock some Cs.

I found all the unlocking achievement stuff stupid. The in-game quest unlocks are generally more interesting.

RK47

Patron
nuh-uh, he didn't see you do it in front of him so it doesn't count.
plane tickets bitch.

Ashery

Prophet
Too bad you didnt unlock Engi C

Edit: actualy you did unlock Engi C with that other run. screenshot is from old FTL.

How did you reset total games stats?

Aww, if you hadn't put that edit in I would've made the comment "I can do this all day, you know" while posting the screenshot of my Engi-C win.

For editing the save, just move your old save to another location and it'll create a fresh new save. In Win7, it's located in /My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight.

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Edit: actualy you did unlock Engi C with that other run. screenshot is from old FTL.

Aww, if you hadn't put that edit in I would've made the comment "I can do this all day, you know" while posting the screenshot of my Engi-C win.

For editing the save, just move your old save to another location and it'll create a fresh new save. In Win7, it's located in /My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight.

Wasnt sure for a while if not winning in last stand unlocks C type or not. Getting to last stand is winning for me. Lost only once against flagship in advanced version.

Last ship i havent unlocked and won is lanius type B. Then i switch to hard mode maybe flagship will be more then a pushover for me.

Ashery

Prophet

Wasnt sure for a while if not winning in last stand unlocks C type or not. Getting to last stand is winning for me. Lost only once against flagship in advanced version.

Last ship i havent unlocked and won is lanius type B. Then i switch to hard mode maybe flagship will be more then a pushover for me.

In many ways, the flagship's actually easier on hard. The connected laser and launcher make it so you can't just teleport anything but a double engie or engie and zoltan when the zoltan tanks, but it also introduces some weaknesses to help offset that loss. Namely, both weapons are connected to the shield subsystem, so hacking the shields buys you a set of hacked doors facing each weapon, the helm, and the route to the medbay. The only way culling the crew could get any easier is if you had the hacking stun augment and hacked their medbay. Fire beams, ion stunners, hacking stun augment, and a bunch of other things that I'm missing all do an excellent job of culling crew when you hack their shields. The room setup also acts as a substantial nerf to the AI as the AI's main selling point was that it was difficult for the player to teleport units to three disconnected areas of the ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom