Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
alcg3637.jpg

Flat chested girls are so mean...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Mrowak said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

Nicely done Whiskey, but I don't remember you talking to Kentarou and Miki prior to that event. Hence, I fear I'll not be able to clear them in this game. But who knows :shrugs:
I wouldn't bet on this if I were you :smug:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
GarfunkeL said:
Haa, I did it! Got the curse lifted, Kenshin won the Emperor Race and Xavier was banished! Didn't even need to fight Baba, as I had enough points from few random battles + Gou + Mori...

Congrats :salute:

except I now have to chase Xavier down into Orochi's rabbit hole!
fuuuuu.png

If you explore Orochi's dungeon on the first turn you'll get to fight Xavier on dungeon level 6 or so. If you'll wait too long he'll be waiting for you on lvl 20.

For some reason I've always found battle with him easier in Kenshin's route than any other.

WhiskeyWolf said:
Mrowak said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

Nicely done Whiskey, but I don't remember you talking to Kentarou and Miki prior to that event. Hence, I fear I'll not be able to clear them in this game. But who knows :shrugs:
I wouldn't bet on this if I were you :smug:

The fatherland is proud of you bro :smug: :salute:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, lvl 19 is where he is - I captured the last provinces from the Yukai King, for no good reasons as all their commanders just vanished instead of joining me. Now I'm stuck on the last chance to enter the dungeon - tried once already and had nearly won but he killed Rance through some super attack :( Oh well, have to try again and at least I have 30 commanders.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeehaaw, killed the bastard! Nice ending too, though I still think that Isoroku has the best ending. Kenshin turned out to have quite a philosophical outlook on life. Onwards to Nanjou Ran -route!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ultra-faggot demon more like.

Also when did this LP turn into a "communal playing status update" anyway? Discuss.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Brother None said:
Ultra-faggot demon more like.

Also when did this LP turn into a "communal playing status update" anyway? Discuss.

It's a game that can be finished in less than a day, yet this LP has been going on for more than a year already. You're bound to have people trying it out for themselves and then giving hints to others who are playing it, vicious cycle, etc.

Chuftie

Augur
I beg to differ on the whole you can beat this in a day statement.

Then again I am a bad bad person for abusing the pause given to build up before assaulting Nobunaga at the temple to build up my cash and troop rank

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I beat the true route in 14 hours, the Kenshin route in 10 and the Ran route depends, actually, cause after I secured a win, I prolonged the game just to conquer everything and clear whoever I could, but still around 10.

Johannes

Arcane
If you skip most dialogues, have easiest difficulty, and don't try too hard to optimise turn count, or get all the cool heroes you like in the 1 playthrough, it seems possible to finish it that fast. Especially when using the 2nd game bonuses with easiest difficulty should be such a breeze difficulty-wise.

Though for me 14 hours of playing certainly doesn't equate to "less than a day"

And Chuftie I don't see there's anything worthwhile to abuse there, you can stall at any point in the game earlier too. But it's optimal to be at war since fighting battles means more troops, and enemies attacking you means battles without spending fans.

StarChaser

Novice
Reject_666_6 said:
It's a game that can be finished in less than a day, yet this LP has been going on for more than a year already. You're bound to have people trying it out for themselves and then giving hints to others who are playing it, vicious cycle, etc.

You can finish it in a day of you are playing in easy mode, but this game is addictive so you'll spend more time with it. It's a fact.

Mrowak

Arcane
StarChaser said:
Reject_666_6 said:

You can finish it in a day of you are playing in easy mode, but this game is addictive so you'll spend more time with it. It's a fact.

smaAvatar.png

Finally, some victim selected SMA's Avatar (url)

jew.jpg

Coming back to the topic, SRance is amazingly addictive game so no wonder one can finish it in one day. But it is as Johannes said - you can only achieve that by skipping most dialogues and only if you knew the game inside out.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
StarChaser said:
Reject_666_6 said:

I was playing on 1-star on the Kenshin route and 2-star on the Ran route with a shitload of bonuses, but good point though. It would probably take much longer on the highest level and with fewer bonuses.

Mrowak

Arcane
So here I am seriously considering doing that Sengoku Rance Isoroku / Kenshin Route LP. Since it's going to be only a half playthrough I suppose I will need to start the game before this one finishes.

Because of that there are certain things we should consider prior to my embarking on the adventure:

1) Plenty of us here has already finished the game... multiple times. Hence, the question - does The Codex feel like following another LP especially of the game most of us know well? Are there any heathens out there who have yet to embrace the full glory of Sengoku Rance and need a LP as an incentive?

2) Starting options. Before commencing the game we have a set of options given. Things we need to consider collectively:

a) Difficulty Level

update0_0004_difficulty-png.jpg

I'm inclined towards ** difficulty though we may also do the highest **** setting. However, in that case we will need to add some substantial reinforcements to our humble army which is permited by the two next bonus categories:

b) Family Bonus

update0_0005_familybonuses-png.jpg

We will surely add additional characters bonus - just for extra story fluff. Out of these I'm also contemplating adding Dokuganryuu family i.e. youkai. Yes they are powerful but on higher difficulty levels taking advantage of their strength does not break the game. Moreover, we've already seen Whiskey conquering them so we are losing nothing from the story. Of course should Codex select them we automatically switch to the four star **** level.

We don't have option to add Takeda since I lost the save where I had an option - not much of a loss in our case. I'm going to cover their conquest full Rance Style and hopefully will manage to add all of Takeda generals to our ranks before shit hits the fan. Also, because Whiskey did not remove the curse from Motonari in his playthrough we shall do that in mine - thus Mouri family is a banned choice on this screen - because I say so :smug:.

3) Unit Bonus
update0_0008_unit-bonuses-png.jpg

Adds non story related commanders to our initial forces. At least 3 commanders from this list ought to find the place in our army. More if we pick highest difficulty and even more if we skip family bonuses altogether. The choice is yours.

4) Items

update0_0000_art1-png.jpg

update0_0001_art2-png.jpg

update0_0002_art3-png.jpg

update0_0003_art4-png.jpg

Pick the best items you think our army could benefit from. Use Alice Soft's Wiki for reference.

5) Various Bonuses

update0_0006_other.jpg

I'll pick extra action fan and 3x 'Initial national power +3' bonus - there's no arguing about it. Should I opt for the rest you decide.

We started 119 (I know - little - that's an old backup save I managed to recover). Having picked myself the barest minimum i.e. :

Family bonus: Additional characters -20pts
Various bonuses: Action fan + 1 -10pts; 3x ''Initial national power +3' -15pts. we have now 74pts=119-45.

What to do with the rest - you choose.

One more thing - if this LP kicks out I would like to do it in this epic, inclined thread instead of creating a new one. Also, before Isoroku / Kenshin route proper there will be 1-3 updates covering things, new events and characters that did not appear in WW's first phase of the game.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Look, bro, if you're starting an LP then I will start one as well! I want to do the Isoroku route because I've done all the others, and it'll be a blind LP for me - blind LPs are always more fun.

What say you, comrade?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Reject_666_6 said:
Look, bro, if you're starting an LP then I will start one as well! I want to do the Isoroku route because I've done all the others, and it'll be a blind LP for me - blind LPs are always more fun.

What say you, comrade?
But then you might fuck up and I might miss content/fap material!

Johannes

Arcane
Definitely pick the highest difficulty. I started my 2nd game a while ago, with 24 pts. and the difficultys quite manageable (extra fan, diviner, monk, doggy item) - so with 100 points more, 5 star would be quite ok I think? Though then again difficulty might not change the LP from a readers perspective that much.

I wouldnt suggest the non-story extra chars for this also, since they bring no extra content, just use up your char slots.

Also at war with Mouri for the 1st time atm, and wtf are these things they're riding? Stupidest thing I found in the gameworld so far.

Mrowak

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:

What say you, comrade?

I say Hell :yeah:

To be frank, I wanted to cover Isoroku's route more than Kenshin's but blind LP is likely to prove more interesting.

But the rules we'll be playing are: difficulty level - at least ** - and - you will fight Orochi (Fuuka and Natori must survive) - the last one does not apply to me for story related reasons :smug:.

Johannes said:
Definitely pick the highest difficulty. I started my 2nd game a while ago, with 24 pts. and the difficultys quite manageable (extra fan, diviner, monk, doggy item) - so with 100 points more, 5 star would be quite ok I think? Though then again difficulty might not change the LP from a readers perspective that much.

I wouldnt suggest the non-story extra chars for this also, since they bring no extra content, just use up your char slots.

Remember, we are also going to try to recruit all of Takeda Commanders in this playthrough - which coincidentally means "RAPE" on each and every single unit fighting on our side
I don't think in the whole game there are battles more difficult than fighting 5 waves of Takeda's best commanders and not only surviving but also winning them all.

Hence we will desperately need all the units we can regardless whether they are story story-related or not. Youkai units would also help.

Also it seems you have yet to engage 'enhanced' Takuga and Shimazu units

9000cat.jpg

Though yeah, if you know what you do you can win the game even by simply expanding your starting army setup.

Also at war with Mouri for the 1st time atm, and wtf are these things they're riding? Stupidest thing I found in the gameworld so far.

Are you sure it's Mouri, not Takeda?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Maybe create new thread fro the different routes? This thread is humongous as it is.

Get Elina, she rapes beginning armies well and even later, especially coupled with Natori, does serious damage.

Mrowak

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Maybe create new thread fro the different routes? This thread is humongous as it is.

Get Elina, she rapes beginning armies well and even later, especially coupled with Natori, does serious damage.

I don't know bro. Since there are so few responeses to the question nr 1) I assume that everyone's give-a-fucko-meter about this LP looks like this:

giveafuck.gif

Too many people have already finished the game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Mrowak said:
GarfunkeL said:

I don't know bro. Since there are so few responeses to the question nr 1) I assume that everyone's give-a-fucko-meter about this LP looks like this:

giveafuck.gif

Too many people have already finished the game.
I for one haven't, since it's tough to play with one hand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom