Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hey guess what kind of games Todd Howard likes to play (a Roguey's friendly e-stalking post)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Recently decided to finally check out Bethesda's Steam group (it's not quite so obvious, but here it is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Vault101). It's extremely unlikely that a Bethesda employee would use Todd's face as an avatar so he's right here http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197973886758

Left 4 Deads and TF2 are unsurprising, but Frozen Synapse, original XCOM, and Tropico 3 are. Anyway, that's it, aside from Pete Hines, none of the other names in the group mean anything to me. +M

Edit five years later: I've been told this was an artist, not actually Todd. Oh well.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol:

I hope none of you jerks bothered him. :( Harassment is bad and not condoned by Roguey.

OTOH if someone from Bethesda is monitoring this forum and he closed it pre-emptively, that would be hilarious.

Regardless, I'm ecstatic that I'm on yet another developer's shitlist. It keeps happening and it's amazing.

Maldoror

Scholar
Hey, Bethesda.
Let Obsidian work on another Fallout game, and give them a reasonable amount of time to work on it.
That would be incredibly :incline:, thanks.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's cute that they all have Clan tags.
Pete Hines top played game is the new X-Com. Seems a lot of them have a boner over X Com. Which as they have stated before explains the Fallout Shelter mechanics for vault building.

INB4 they purchase XCom after grinding Fallout into the dirt.

Maldoror

Scholar
:lol:

I hope none of you jerks bothered him. :( Harassment is bad and not condoned by Roguey.

OTOH if someone from Bethesda is monitoring this forum and he closed it pre-emptively, that would be hilarious.

Regardless, I'm ecstatic that I'm on yet another developer's shitlist. It keeps happening and it's amazing.

Did you happen to take screenshots of his Steam profile? I'm just interested in looking at more of the games that he plays.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yah, look at how absurdly successful Sony's Shenmue Kickstarter was.

Get Obsidian to Kickstart a tacticool Fallout game where you get all the profits and they don't get a bonus regardless of what they do. Those chumps at Obsidian will agree to this because they really love working on Fallout and we get a potentially-good game. :lol:

Did you happen to take screenshots of his Steam profile? I'm just interested in looking at more of the games that he plays.

Nope, sorry.

Maldoror

Scholar
Yah, look at how absurdly successful Sony's Shenmue Kickstarter was.

Get Obsidian to Kickstart a tacticool Fallout game where you get all the profits and they don't get a bonus regardless of what they do. Those chumps at Obsidian will agree to this because they really love working on Fallout and we get a potentially-good game. :lol:

A win-win situation for everyone. Avellone and Sawyer would literally write/direct a new Fallout game for free.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"The return of Tim Cain to classic-style Fallout" also sells itself.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They aren't allowed to post here and Bethesda doesn't respond to inquiries from the codex, but blacklisting doesn't mean they aren't allowed to view the site.

Someone should go in their chatroom and ask them if they ever read the Fallout/TES threads on the codex.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Does Bethesda really read this forum? And are they actually that worried about us looking at his profile.
Nobody else made their profile private.

I guess he could just have a google alert set up for his name. Something got his attention and ideally it wasn't a deluge of friend requests or whatever.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Eh, Todd's cute and there's something endearing about his nerdy voice (though he could benefit from having his hair professionally cut and styled in a manner that costs more than $20), but I'm just not all that interested in following him around.

But did you know his favourite game is Ultima VII?

Yes, that bit of trivia is dropped regularly in TES discussions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom