Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I gived the game a look but it's unplayable..

hrose

Educated
I've applied the last patch 1.40 but the mouse is still unusable.
Hard to play in the normal game, impossible when a menu shows (like map etc..).

my pc is an athlon xp 2000+ 512mb ddr epox 8kha+ gf3ti500 latest detonators and sb live

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
hrose said:

my pc is an athlon xp 2000+ 512mb ddr epox 8kha+ gf3ti500 latest detonators and sb live

If you mean the right click thing that opens a menu, then just right clicking again closes it.

I'm not sure what else you mean by the mouse being unusable.

crpgnut

Augur
hrose said:

Hrose, you've got to disable the file cthelper.exe from task manager. It really screws with this game. That should help you with your problems somewhat. I agree with
SP about the mouse though. What makes the mouse unusable?

Maced

Novice
My mouse cursor is moving damn slow. Sometimes hard to hit an icon. Its not unplayable but geting on my nerves after while. Anyhow.....I hope I will have the game finished soon

crpgnut

Augur
Habe you tried...

setting your mouse sensitivity way up before launching Prelude? It might be worth a try.
You do this from control panel, if you didn't know.

hrose

Educated
It's DAMN slow.
It updates every few seconds like I playied on a 286 PC, it doesn't depends on sensitivity.
Nearly impossible to click a button, I move the mouse, then after a second the cursor moves.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
One other person has seen this as well and sadly I don't have a fix for it as of yet. My guess is that it's some kind of background program interference, but that's all I can offer at this point. A complete list of spec's could possibly be useful as might emailing my (at mat@zero-sum.com) the debug.txt after you've played it.
sorry I can't be of more help yet,
-mat

crpgnut

Augur
Maced, do you have DDR ram also?

I have an Athlon and I don't have this problem. I use the older memory though, pc133.

Jed

Cipher
I have an Athlon Duron 800, Geforce 2 (the cheaper one), 512M of RAM, and am running XP, and Prelude runs smooth as a baby's butt...well, except for the crashes. I get the feeling that you've got a lot of background processes running. I hope this isn't condescending, but seeing as how I don't know you, I obviously don't know how much you know about computers, but as a rule, when I game, I shut down everything other than the most basic operations, usually explorer and systray, (if you have a pre-XP operating system).

J

Momotaca

Novice
I deactivated my Norton AntiVirus and stability improved. That was the major one, but there were several other things that happened that made me believe this game does not like backgrouind programs very much.

But then I upgraded from XP Personal to XP Professional (for other reasons) and stability really seems to have gone down in several ways. The time I can play without error seems to be limited and I seem to have more general problems. Strange!

Jed

Cipher
Which I guess would logically beg the question, "Which OS do the Zero Sum developers run?"

J

Momotaca

Novice
:D Well, after the problems I had when upgrading from XP Personal to XP Pro, I reinstalled a full version 1.41. I've had about 45 minutes play with no further errors (yet). I'll keep my fingers crossed.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
XJEDX said:
Which I guess would logically beg the question, "Which OS do the Zero Sum developers run?"

J
I've got a 98se athlon with a geforce2 and an xp machine with a crappy generic video card which are the primary machines it gets tested on these days.

-mat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom