Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile's Torment successor has a name, Mark Morgan hired to compose

selkin

Liturgist
haha, fair enough hiver :)

To be honest I was not satisfied with the game's overall look,neither with the user interface/gameplay. It left me with an unsatisfied feeling. Maybe that is why I tend to be less forgiving when it comes to the Soundtrack.
It was good to hear the resemblance but again, it was just too "Fallout-style" for me and the "fantasy part" that was added didn't convince me either.. (to tuluse)

selkin

Liturgist
Although I hate grandiose symphonies and such as a soundtrack for fantasy games as well. Don't get me wrong Planscape Torment's music was still among the best, but still. it's just not a big deal. Planescape is not famous because of its soundtrack.

hiver

was just too "Fallout-style" for me and the "fantasy part" that was added didn't convince me either.
... thats the stupidest thing i ever saw anyone say about Planescape Torment. Seriously.
ever, anywhere. on the whole wide internet.

- quite an achievement.

St. Toxic

Arcane
To be honest I was not satisfied with the game's overall look,neither with the user interface/gameplay. It left me with an unsatisfied feeling. Maybe that is why I tend to be less forgiving when it comes to the Soundtrack.

Graphics make you more critical of the music? What about records? Would it be fair to say that the album-cover influences how much you'll enjoy a particular piece of music?

It was good to hear the resemblance but again, it was just too "Fallout-style" for me and the "fantasy part" that was added didn't convince me either.. (to tuluse)

So what you're saying is that Torment used the Fallout soundtrack with "fantasy parts added in" for flavor and, since you apparently liked the Fallout soundtrack, you felt let down by the resemblance between the two? If your goal is to slander musicians and make contradictory statements you've certainly succeeded at that. Perhaps you should elaborate on what you're really trying to say?

Moribund

A droglike
He's just saying he's one of those guys who thinks the first album of some band is mind blowing and totally different because it's a unique style. Then they make a new album and it has the same style and he freaks out.

There's only so much difference between aphex twin songs, though. If they do the soundtrack here of course it will be similar, not like he's going to do a bluegrass soundtrack or barbershop quartet or suddenly turn into tangerine dream instead.

selkin

Liturgist
Actually yes, this covers it pretty well: I didn't like the second album that much:) And let me revoke my previous statement (no matter how much should I ignore hiver :obviously: ) Maybe it's really an exaggeration to say PS:T's soundtrack is too Fallout-style.
But you don't have to listen carefully to hear that first sound of PS:T's Main Theme (the upbeat) clearly says "I'm from Fallout, you are playing with the wrong game.." Listen to it yourself. First sound.

I would have been ok with that, but the game didn't gave the gratification later on, so that was the feeling it left me with.

By the way the Main Theme's lead melody is not ok either.
It's like BG main theme. Childish.

I would be happy if someone was hired alongside with MM to do the music score. Jason Graves is not a bad pair-up, though it's probably not affordable.

selkin

Liturgist
let me correct that. BG's theme is not childish, neither Ps:T's. it's just not for my taste. That's it. But who am I to judge.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Tell us the truth! Will the gameplay vid be out before the end of January?
Don't really know for sure, but...probably not? It's pretty close, I'm holding out hope for it hitting this week but I won't guarantee it will.
The Wasteland 2 game play video is almost ready to be captured! Always some snags when so much content goes in but we are on it! Plus we wanted to polish a few things to give it a little more sizzle. We need to have a few more meetings this week for everyone to sign off on their parts. Hang in there....its imminent.

Tell us the truth! Will the gameplay vid be out before the end of January?
Don't really know for sure, but...probably not? It's pretty close, I'm holding out hope for it hitting this week but I won't guarantee it will.
The Wasteland 2 game play video is almost ready to be captured! Always some snags when so much content goes in but we are on it! Plus we wanted to polish a few things to give it a little more sizzle. We need to have a few more meetings this week for everyone to sign off on their parts. Hang in there....its imminent.

:love:

So, next week, or for the weekend? :D

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Well, Maiandros, you should know that the very few pieces of artwork released by InXile look more "planescapy" than what we can see on Numenera's home site (i.e. convoluted forms and earthy tones instead of airy, bright-colored and open ended landscapes).
And even in the P&P setting, that picture of the worm-bitch from hell promises some weirder and darker stuff.

mm..agreed, what is out there so far does look very promising. However, things change, engines evolve according to dictates not set by me and concepts/renderings may or may not be identical to screenies displayed months, if not more, prior to launch..all i said was that -if- i had to judge by what W2 (or BF himself) calls graphics, i would find me worried. Followed by shall await and see :)
Being pleasantly surprised is always a good thing. And thanks again since, while you may as well have found my remark retarded, you possessed the prerequisite mental functions to form a proper reply :)

hiver

DraQ
WOTC UNMADE IT.
Well they didnt completely unmade them. As i can see they changed them A LOT in latest editions. Unless i didnt see the actual last edition?

Which, then fits with the idea of Planes dying because of TNO original crime - which he didnt get to redeem, anyway.

What about that butthurt gurl who couldn't make TNO a pwetty female elf or something?

Well, there are quite a few serious contenders for the title, but it seemed he said he didnt like the whole game because it was similar to Fallout and had fantasy tacked on.
That surely takes the cake? Or would take the cake.
But he says he meant only the music, which is just stupid and irrelevant because its nothing more then some personal gibberish and lack of taste.
So...no cake for him. Yet.

selkin

Liturgist
it's all about taste. so let's just not get into that.
it was a mistake to compare the two games.

Kirtai

Augur
I think the main theme was also TNOs leitmotif so it's no surprise it would be common.

St. Toxic

Arcane
But you don't have to listen carefully to hear that first sound of PS:T's Main Theme (the upbeat) clearly says "I'm from Fallout, you are playing with the wrong game.." Listen to it yourself. First sound.

More like "I'm from Vault City". Did you even play Fallout?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom