Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's time for you people to make the Bro choice. Brokeeper demands it.

Kayerts

Arcane
Ulminati's count doesn't include my flop to A, which makes it 11A-8B. Monkeyhead and Esquilax's votes make it 11A-10B, though.

Anyone else want to bear the word of Chaos into the voting process?

(I could flop back to B, given a decent argument or a rousing speech about how rad war is.)

Kayerts

Arcane
root said:
man, I canned such a sweet update for B, it had all these technical descriptions of demolisher-cannons tom clancy-style and limbs of nids flying all around

Post it anyway!

Even if it's not totally polished. It'd be a shame to let quality dismemberment go to waste, and a lot of us are almost as curious about the alternate endings as the one we're headed for.

and indeed, Ulm's count seems faulty, although where exactly is the last B that makes it 11-10? I seem to have (mis?)counted it to 10-10 right now

Here's my full count:

Jaedar: B
Roxor: B
Sku: B
Ulminati: B
Johnny the Mule: A
Storyfag: B
Bee: B
Yaar: B
Kayerts: B
K0: A
Hoodoo: A
Azael: B
Grotsnik: A
Unspeakable Horror: B
CrazyLoon: B
CappenVarra: A
Azira: B
DwarvenFood: A

(Subtotal before flip-flops: 6A, 12B.)

Storyfag: flop-A
Jaedar: flop-A
Azael: flop-A
Kayerts: flop-A
Slaughter: A

(Subtotal: 11A, 8B. This is when you and Ulminati took your counts; I'm the only actual error in Ulminati's count.)

Esquilax: B
Monkeyhead: B
Canus: A

Total at this time: 12A, 10B.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
excellent-mr-burns.gif

Kayerts

Arcane
Root: Hooray!

Slaughter: If Tzeentch in his current state had power to create an illusion on that scale, I don't imagine he'd need to ask nicely for our help.

Random thought about Elethiomel: It occurs to me that we've brought him all the way from Cadia. It'd be an interesting twist if he turned out to be Tzeentch's vestige; he seems to have the right personality and the penchant for needless treachery. His backstory about having spent the last few thousand years in the Eye of Terror seems like a good cover. Although I think Root clarified in a non-update post that he'd been in his role as autarch since before the Emperor's death, so maybe he's just a dick.

Kayerts

Arcane
Well, now we're deadlocked 11-11 again. If only we had a pair of power swords and a warhammer, we could ship them to representatives of each side and get some story-gameplay fusion going on here. I suppose we could also wait for someone else to flop or create an alt, but that feels like the sissy route.

Anyway, Root, your Doombreed-related snark is always pretty great. The Cusbrodian seems to have a nutty sense of responsibility there, though. Does he also track down a distant butterfly to yell at every time there's a hurricane?

And Jeremiah's definitely dead, then. Shame, he's been my favorite character for the last two acts. He had a more compelling ethos behind serving the Dark Gods than I'd thought possible. His desire for some supreme authority to render more than mortal judgment was a nice thematic juxtaposition with VD (and, earlier, Malcador)'s efforts to create a supreme authority synthetically.

I think the most interesting unresolved threads are central to the main story and presumably were going to be featured anyway: the Swarmlord's goals, Helfrich's motivation since his disenchantment with Chaos, the question of how Emperor I died, and how Ahriman survived Tzeentch going supernova on him. I think most of the other plotlines are resolved due to everyone involved with them being dead.

In terms of interactions, I appreciate your dialogue scenes. It looks like we'll be seeing a reunion of the Cadian Bros, which makes me realize that I don't know what Cypher's trying to accomplish here. I assume he just doesn't want to let the galaxy burn; if there's more, it would be nice to hear a little. Though I'm hesitant to suggest even that much, since there's a lot to fit in as it is.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I wish we could ally with brorihman.

But my vote stands. Tzeentch>Khorne.

Kayerts

Arcane
I have the feeling that Ahriman showed Malcador both of the two futures available to us, and he didn't care for either.

Tzeentch makes a good sales pitch, but all his talk of hope and change we can believe in and yes-we-cannery is a little too sweet, coming from a god who reduced his greatest champions to inhuman abominations on a whim. For all that he quotes a character whose defining quality is betrayal, Kreihman is far more believable.

Reverse-flop back to B. Better to reign on a throne of skulls than to serve in a heaven filled with retarded bird-things.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kayerts said:
I have the feeling that Ahriman showed Malcador both of the two futures available to us, and he didn't care for either.

Tzeentch makes a good sales pitch, but all his talk of hope and change we can believe in and yes-we-cannery is a little too sweet, coming from a god who reduced his greatest champions to inhuman abominations on a whim. For all that he quotes a character whose defining quality is betrayal, Kreihman is far more believable.

Reverse-flop back to B. Better to reign on a throne of skulls than to serve in a heaven filled with retarded bird-things.

I can see you're
Changing your ways :yeah:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yaar Podshipnik said:
Root, are you waiting for Dec. 3 for last update? That would make this LP exactly 1 year long.

He's probably just busy sniffing coke from a hooker's tits, or dick perhaps seeing how he lives in Tranny Paradise.

That said, get on with it pilgrim!

Kayerts

Arcane
Personally, bros, I'm hoping for a true old school CRPG-style ending:

Code:
The legions of Primarch Alpharius stand before you, recognizing you as intruders. 'Death to them!' they scream.

Denizens of this mystic place attack without warning.
You see 99 Grey Knights, 99 Grey Knights, 99 Grey Knights, and 99 Grey Knights. 

Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

> F

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom