Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian Reveals 'Project Eternity' - Kickstarter Live

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm still looking forward (and backing this). The RAGE over the stretch goals are that some need more clarification, and hell ANY info on the game is finally revealed. They just need to get busy with giving us a bit more info and then I think the funnel of cash will open wide.

Still. ultimately, I LOVE the IE games, and if it is similar in design with the same perspective, companions (even if you cannot choose their classes just like BG/BGII/PST), RTwP combat, stat and skill checks (which I know give josh a huge hard-on) I can certainly back that. And since they are working exclusively on an engine they them selves designed this will bode well for the game design, as they know what they can do with it (as opposed to all the other games they have worked on).

Just give us some more info Obsidian.
I wouldn't hold my breath for it if Wasteland 2 is any example, 5 months later and we don't know anything solid about the game.

Stelcio

Savant
Also, the stretch goals are crap. 2x New Playable Race, Class, and Companion. What kind of furry fantasy is it that they can shit out new playable races like that? And more importantly, will the new races have a cultural context within the game or will they simply be new make-ups with altered stats? Am I right, The Brazilian Slaughter?
It's not like the races aren't supposedly already present in the lore. It's only said they will become playable. This means the team will have to come up with and implement character creation rules etc for them. Remember they don't have a fundament of a coherent and wide P&P system, they'll have to come up with everything as the game will be developed. They will shape as much of the system as they'll need to finish the game. More money => more game => more options for the player.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
:lol:

Excidium is there anything you're looking forward or happy about? :lol:
You mean, upcoming cRPGs? AoD, Dead State. Can't think of any other, I can't look forward for something I know nothing about.

There is quite an info about Divinity Original Sin, Chaos Chronicles and Underrail?
Oh yeah, there's those too. Original Sin co-op looks p. interesting.

Also What Remains if Surf Solar stops attention whoring on GD

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Has anyone mentioned the obvious thing that a lot of the clues point to a post-apocalyptic high-fantasy setting? A big bomb striking Godhammer Citadel, witnessing a "cataclysmic event" and how it shapes the world around the PC, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom