Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

only a codexer would have these..

analt

Scholar
Luzur said:
thanks becasue i collect the fantasy CRPG side of New World Computing, Origin and SSI.

Wow, that is a laser beam-like focus, to collect all the Gold Box games and not the Buck Rogers games, which were just Gold Box minus the, um, box. Actually kind of old school, now that I think about it. There was a lot more to pick and choose from back then. Hell, even Elvira had an RPG series.

Luzur

Good Sir
THATS BECAUSE my main genre of eternal love is RPG.

but give me some time and i eventually have those too, i am still expanding my collection.

to tell ya the truth my first only real goal was to complete the Gold Box/Eye of the Beholder series only (since ive had Pool of Radiance and Eye of the Beholder since i was a kid), but thanks to a couple of huge game package deals i made i got some other SSI games, which prompted me to collect those too, which gave me even more games from other huge package deals and other game series to complete and so on and so on.

kinda lost track there somewhere along the road.

Thrasher

Erudite
Whoa, I bow to you Luzur, but perhaps you don't need encouragement? ;)

analt

Scholar
Luzur said:
kinda lost track there somewhere along the road.

I know that road. It leads to owning things like Deathkeep and Pumpkinhead.

(Because it's so bad, or because it's the only videogame with a president's brother, a Monkee's daughter and Punky Brewster in it, or because it uses the same engine as ... )

But since I already have all this crap, might as well show it around. Here's that Dungeonmaster dongle I mentioned earlier.

23192495.jpg

Somebody mentioned the blueprints in Wing Commander. This didn't show up as well as I thought it would, but Space Rogue had laminated pages of paper airplanes -- er, spacecraft -- that you could make.

spacerogue.jpg

And I wouldn't want to leave the misimpression that I flatten all my games. Naturally I have crate after crate of inviolate games as well. Although I have to organize the boxes by volume displacement above all other considerations.

stack1.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
heres the rest.

11izqtj.jpg

next up is a boxed filled with Sega (megadrive, Mastersystem, Mega CD) stuff, Gameboy stuff, some super famicom games and a small pile of NES/Gameboy manuals.

and no im not gonna unpack it to take individual pics, i think its all cataloged in the list.

33f8aac.jpg

and finally my C=/retro computer storage.

32zosb8.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
no, all of the jap titles i have came with consoles (Famicom, Super Famicom, Twin Famicom.) i bought.

but i sold my japanese Super Famicom 2 years ago so only the games remain.

so i didnt exactly buy the games by themselves.

analt

Scholar
This doesn't leave much room for your altar of skulls and your wall of newspaper clippings.

Luzur

Good Sir
analt said:
This doesn't leave much room for your altar of skulls and your wall of newspaper clippings.

the altar is out on the lawn (where i stab virgins to death every midsummer's eve for the glory of Odin) and i removed all the newspaper clippings and put up game posters instead.

Luzur

Good Sir
GarfunkeL said:
I hope you're working on expanding your raw-pine mansion, to have room for the future decades of gaming Luzur!

actually thats my old sauna i am using as a make-shift storage, since the steamer broke down some 2 years ago.

didnt have anywhere else to put it.

:oops:

analt

Scholar
Luzur said:
analt said:

the altar is out on the lawn (where i stab virgins to death every midsummer's eve for the glory of Odin)

You're Norwegian?

Now that I've read the Commodore thread, I realize there is no hope for you. Someday we will hear the news announce: "Not content to collect hardware and software trophies of his youthful days of gaming nostalgia, he eventually decided that he also needed to collect the hands that had programmed all of those classic games ... and eat the brains that had dreamed them up."

Luzur

Good Sir
You're Norwegian?

no, swede.

but i do hope youa re aware that Sweden was part of the Vikinglands?

viking_voyages_map_large.png

Now that I've read the Commodore thread, I realize there is no hope for you. Someday we will hear the news announce: "Not content to collect hardware and software trophies of his youthful days of gaming nostalgia, he eventually decided that he also needed to collect the hands that had programmed all of those classic games ... and eat the brains that had dreamed them up."

more likely to burn them so they can join the All-Father in Valhalla and make good games for all eternity by his side.

analt

Scholar
Luzur said:
You're Norwegian?

no, swede.

but i do hope youa re aware that Sweden was part of the Vikinglands?

Just a little grim and frostbitten joke at the expense of your church-burning LARPer neighbors and their advocates at the codex. Don't worry, you're all virgin-raping Vikings to me.

Noceur

Liturgist
Man, they must've been so high when they made the Legends of Valor opening "cinematic".

Luzur

Good Sir
yeah, especially the part with the guy in a red shirt sitting in a bucket in a rainbow sea while a purple manta ray swoops by under him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom