Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter in May

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Underworld Ascendant has taught me to never again believe the "original creators of" or "legendary developer of" and buy it because of it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Underworld Ascendant has taught me to never again believe the "original creators of" or "legendary developer of" and buy it because of it.

the idea sounds great, we will have to see the execution.

It would play out like Crusader Kings 2, you would start in a pre-made world, create your character and from here on you play, once your character dies, it becomes part of the world and you might play again in the same world with your new character and you might meet your own descendants (and kill them).

This would be the ultimate rpg.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

It would play out like Crusader Kings 2, you would start in a pre-made world, create your character and from here on you play, once your character dies, it becomes part of the world and you might play again in the same world with your new character and you might meet your own descendants (and kill them).

It would be great if the game turns out to be good. But never will I give into the hype again. But then again it's my own fault getting hyped for a game and getting burned. But I hope for them that the game turns out good.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

It would be great if the game turns out to be good. But never will I give into the hype again. But then again it's my own fault getting hyped for a game and getting burned. But I hope for them that the game turns out good.

Yea, we don't know anything about it yet apart from the general idea of it.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yea, we don't know anything about it yet apart from the general idea of it.
Least there is no Todd Howard this time

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
btw, they will have announcement at the end of the year, so we won't see it untill late 2020/ early 2021 most likely.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Everyone in that discord is either a modern Bethestard or actively dislikes everything about Daggerfall. If that's their target audience, I can safely write off their game.
All the kult of kirkbride fags found it.
What do you have against the drug addict prophet?
He's a faggot that writes gay fanfiction about his mary sue warrior poet then all his fanboys regurgitate it whenever they have the opportunity to.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I didn't mind him being a faggot who wrote fanfiction, the old Lore Forum was always somewhat idle role playing, but the fanboys were obnoxious sycophants obsessed with weird for weird's sake.

grimace

Arcane
3:17:00, they have the same idea as Toady, interesting that different developers, have the same idea about making a game.

Ted Peterson Interview | Designer & Writer on Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind & Oblivion
Published on Oct 2, 2018

Indigo Gaming

Published on Oct 2, 2018

It's been a year since this was published I cannot recall if I have already watched all of this.

What were the highlights?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
A game like this hasn't been done before, if they would create it, this would be a real revolution.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Everyone in that discord is either a modern Bethestard or actively dislikes everything about Daggerfall. If that's their target audience, I can safely write off their game.
All the kult of kirkbride fags found it.
What do you have against the drug addict prophet?
Against him? Not a whole lot, but his fangirls were always annoying as hell.
He acts like a little girl on the internet, and his wife (I think Lady Nerevar is his wife) is just as bad.
But he indisputably wrote the best lore in the entire TES universe, and arguably the best lore in any RPG ever. Win some lose some.
I didn't mind him being a faggot who wrote fanfiction, the old Lore Forum was always somewhat idle role playing, but the fanboys were obnoxious sycophants obsessed with weird for weird's sake.
Fortunately, there are few enough people who actually enjoyed that particular little roleplay. It was gay as hell.
Seems like Ken and the others involved just let Kirkbride play out his little shemale rape power fantasy, and got the hell out of the way.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Zaric is excited for this and says it has 'great potential' he has some information which he cannot say at this point, he is directly in contact with the developers via the indigo guy

Deleted Member 16721

The more I imagine it the more intrigued i get by a true Daggerfall spiritual successor. This project is easily my most hyped project coming up. I can't imagine how cool it could be to get another massive fantasy life simulator with tons of unique lore and simulatIonist feautres based on pen and paper setting and rules. Imagine better fast travel, exploring ruins in complex dungeons, having a cohesive and huge qnd interesting world to explore. I'm really ready for this to see how Lefay could have done the TES series if he was still in charge of it. Can't wait honestly, this could be my dream RPG bros. As a huge TES nerd, I'm hype. Especially with today's advanced technology. :)

volklore

Arcane
Interesting project although it has all the hallmarks of a failure (small team, working unpaid until funding, very ambitious...)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Interesting project although it has all the hallmarks of a failure (small team, working unpaid until funding, very ambitious...)

Small team is a plus, it keeps the vision of the game coherent, all the top games of 80's and 90's were made by 1-2 or 5 team people, they will mainly be using procedural generation, so they don't need a big team anyway.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Original Developers of FALLOUT, IWD working on a BG SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR! TAKE MY MONEY!

Original Developers of FALLOUT, TORMENT working on a TORMENT SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR! START THE HYPE TRAIN!

When are you gonna learn, guys? It's pathetic.

How many people worked on Arena & Daggerfall?

Project leader: Julian Lefay (Vijay Lakshman for Arena, he is also on the team)
Programming: Julian Lefay
Design: Julian Lefay, Bruce Nesmith, Ted Peterson (Ted Peterson for Arena)
Additional Design: Todd Howard (lol), Kurt Kuhlmann
Art: Ryan Chapin, Don Nalezyty

Looks like Elder Scrolls really is Julian Lefay followed by Ted Peterson and Vijay.

The main team is there !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom