Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - coming to Kickstarter in May

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The fact that you've been training texture upscaling AI equates to pressing the "ON" button on a remote control, and then proceeding to talk about how you know the electronics that make a TV work inside and out.

I don't know anything about it, i'm just saying it's real, so when they say they can make it, there is no reason not to believe them.
I don't know where they said they'd apply it, because that's what I asked, and you didn't answer, but then hurriedly specified that "it's real". I can't comment.

Also, lol about your "devs said something, must be true!" mentality.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I don't know where they said they'd apply it, because that's what I asked

They didn't say per se, but Julian said he knows techniques which he did not know before, so it can be deducted that he will use it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is supposed to be Excalibur, I wonder if this is an in-engine screenshot or just a render.

oncelost-games-09-25-19-1.jpg

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Nitpick: Excalibur isn't the Sword in the Stone.
Arthur broke the Sword in the Stone in battle, and then the Lady of the Lake granted him the magical Excalibur.

Anyway, I've hoped for a long time that somebody would finally do justice to the Arthurian legend. All the movies suck. No games to speak of.

Andhaira

Arcane
I hope they don't for retarded furry races like Khajit and Lizards. Just have human, dark elves (with katana and dai katana affinities) and various ethnicity's of humans. Or fuck even the dark elves and go with humans.

Molina

Savant
I hope they don't for retarded furry races like Khajit and Lizards. Just have human, dark elves (with katana and dai katana affinities) and various ethnicity's of humans. Or fuck even the dark elves and go with humans.
No they don't. They don't want a lawsuit from Bethesda.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Nitpick: Excalibur isn't the Sword in the Stone.
Arthur broke the Sword in the Stone in battle, and then the Lady of the Lake granted him the magical Excalibur.

Anyway, I've hoped for a long time that somebody would finally do justice to the Arthurian legend. All the movies suck. No games to speak of.
And as long as Arthur had the sheath, he would be impervious in battle.

See? Its a parable about circumcision.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Hating "furry" races is a meme born of hating furries. (Which is fine. Furries are clearly mentally ill.) But Khajiit and Argonians are cool. All the various sub-species of Khajiit and their drastically different physiology and cultural roles... the fact that Argonians really are just a bunch of dumb fucking lizards given purpose by a nefarious hivemind called the Hist... that shit is cool as hell. Sci-fi as hell. I say keep it up.

As to having elves, etc. were you born with shit taste, or was shit taste thrust upon you?
TES is the only work of post-Tolkein fantasy to write elves in a way that doesn't suck. Why is that? Because they aren't even really "elves." They're Mer. They're descendants of the Old Ehlnofey that became Mer, which is a group distinct from the descendants of Old Ehlnofey that became Men (and perhaps Giants and Goblins and Dreughs and Sloads, and all the rest as well). Their existence isn't "elvish." It's cultural, political, and spiritual, down to the very fabric of their existence. TES "elves" are incredible.

Dark elves, or whatever else you're advocating for, are corny shit with extra corn. Nobody with an IQ above 20 wants to see more generic D&D ripoffs, which are in turn garbage-tier ripoffs of innumerable Tolkein ripoffs. It's boring, boring, boring.
Don't you want your video games to say something unique? Don't you want a new experience? I sure do. Push the envelope.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hating "furry" races is a meme born of hating furries. (Which is fine. Furries are clearly mentally ill.) But Khajiit and Argonians are cool. All the various sub-species of Khajiit and their drastically different physiology and cultural roles... the fact that Argonians really are just a bunch of dumb fucking lizards given purpose by a nefarious hivemind called the Hist... that shit is cool as hell. Sci-fi as hell. I say keep it up.

As to having elves, etc. were you born with shit taste, or was shit taste thrust upon you?
TES is the only work of post-Tolkein fantasy to write elves in a way that doesn't suck. Why is that? Because they aren't even really "elves." They're Mer. They're descendants of the Old Ehlnofey that became Mer, which is a group distinct from the descendants of Old Ehlnofey that became Men (and perhaps Giants and Goblins and Dreughs and Sloads, and all the rest as well). Their existence isn't "elvish." It's cultural, political, and spiritual, down to the very fabric of their existence. TES "elves" are incredible.

Dark elves, or whatever else you're advocating for, are corny shit with extra corn. Nobody with an IQ above 20 wants to see more generic D&D ripoffs, which are in turn garbage-tier ripoffs of innumerable Tolkein ripoffs. It's boring, boring, boring.
Don't you want your video games to say something unique? Don't you want a new experience? I sure do. Push the envelope.

Hey asshole, I already said either just put dark elves in (because they look cool) or don't have them, or any elves, at all. Just go with pure hoomans.

Khajit and Argonians are retarded. They look stupid, and designing and animating them will strain the budget of indie devs. Even AAA devs like Beth can't get them right.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Hey asshole, I already said either just put dark elves in (because they look cool) or don't have them, or any elves, at all. Just go with pure hoomans.

Khajit and Argonians are retarded. They look stupid, and designing and animating them will strain the budget of indie devs. Even AAA devs like Beth can't get them right.
So you hate Khajiit because they're furries, but love Dark Elves because they look cool? Gotcha.
NSFW
21236896.jpg

Anyway, pure humans would be fine. I prefer a bit more fantasy in my fantasy, but all people can work too.

As to the budget strain, I would hardly hold up nu-Bethesda as any kind of a standard.
Witcher 3 had excellent designs and animations for plenty of bizarre creatures with nowhere near the budget of Skyrim.
Bethesda likes to pretend their games are so advanced that they can't spare time to animate, which is clearly bullshit. Their engine loads lots of moveable objects, which is cool, but that's already built in (and Havok did their physics... they didn't even make it themselves). Bethesda does what it has always done; they hire shitty coders to do shitty work. LeFay (Jensen?) noted this in his interview. The experience soured him on the whole company.

Last edited:

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
:outrage:

Kirkbride would include it!
He was super pissed off at Bethesda because they removed descriptions (and therefore, likely depictions as well) of Morihaus running around Cyrodil with a raging boner while he slaughtered Ayleid scum.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
the fact that Argonians really are just a bunch of dumb fucking lizards given purpose by a nefarious hivemind called the Hist... that shit is cool as hell. Sci-fi as hell. I say keep it up.
akshually…
What you're referring to are the Saxhleel. Anything affected (enough) by the hist is an Argonian, not necessarily a Saxhleel. This is actually present in the very first game — the argonians in Arena are Dunmer-mutant Argonians.
AR-Race-Argonian_Male.jpg

As to them being "dumb", they had some of the most advanced civilization rivaled only by the Dwemer.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Indigo is aware of this guy...... inb4 he gets him on the team to make the music

He makes some nice music

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
True dat Rusty.
But this also begs the question: do you really trust a lizard? You aren't supposed to. Kirkbride even said something to that effect.
I think they're all connected to the Hist, whether they know it or not.
And to that point, the Hist sure aren't dumb. They're easily the most alien intelligence on Tamriel, and are clearly very competent at whatever they try their proverbial hand at.

Indigo is aware of this guy...... inb4 he gets him on the team to make the music
Last I saw, he was making music for slot machines. Kinda frightens me, honestly. I'm not trying to have a 1994 Japanese elementary school Lavendar Town mental breakdown.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom