Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox Interactive RPG Survey

LizardWizard

Cipher
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/take-our-rpg-survey.962385/

Relevant as there are detailed Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (Paradox now owns the IP) questions in between the popamole parts.

Avoid reading that thread though unless you want to be triggered by some idiots sucking Fallout4/Skyrim cock.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
XoGxBG0.png

Yeah, that's not a random question.

vmar

Savant
Dishonored was kind of a strange choice for the survey.

Trying not to get my expectations too high for a VtMB sequel, but I'm excited.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Considering the questions they were asking, and the games they were asking them about, the obvious assumption is that they've got Obsidian in the pre-production phase of a new WoD / Vampire game.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I used the large forms to mention that I wouldn't buy their game if they hired Obsidian, and also that I would indeed buy replayability DLCs. That's what their whole survey was about I think.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron

Its probably one of the closest things there is to the kind of games VtM B was inspired by that people nowadays would recognize,so there is a certain logic to it.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

Its probably one of the closest things there is to the kind of games VtM B was inspired by that people nowadays would recognize,so there is a certain logic to it.

What? That is insane. The two games couldn't be any more different. One is a great and classic game made for the computer and the other is monkey shit for console idiots with no redeeming qualities.

Roqua

Prospernaut
This was a decent survey. It was much better than what I expected going in and actually made me have some faith in these guys. Imagine if Bioware or Bethesda did a survey like this? It would be about graphics, controllers, minecraft and DOTA, with a leading question on how stupid statistics and rpg systems are compared to more "realistic" and "emergent" systems that have no stats or meaningful character development but have tons of romance options.

Fairfax

Arcane
This was a decent survey. It was much better than what I expected going in and actually made me have some faith in these guys. Imagine if Bioware or Bethesda did a survey like this? It would be about graphics, controllers, minecraft and DOTA, with a leading question on how stupid statistics and rpg systems are compared to more "realistic" and "emergent" systems that have no stats or meaningful character development but have tons of romance options.
BioWare is actually known for some pretty in-depth surveys. What they do with the results is the problem. Never heard of a public survey like this from Bethesda, though. I think Zenimax prefers focus groups and shit like that.

Roqua

Prospernaut
BioWare is actually known for some pretty in-depth surveys. What they do with the results is the problem. Never heard of a public survey like this from Bethesda, though. I think Zenimax prefers focus groups and shit like that.

I took a Bioware survey and it made me lose even more faith in a company I already hade zero faith in. It was in-depth but geared completely towards console monkeys and everything sophomoric about the Bioware brand and the shit they put out.

Kahr

So the idea of the survey is that VtMB has more replay value because it's better, shorter and less boring than BG 2?
Also they ask for their target audience for VtM 3, which is persons who played Dishonored and Mass Effect 2.
Poor VtM 3 didn't deserve to die so young. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Thanks for the link.

I let them know I like turn based games, customizing character builds, multiple endings, and making sure there's not too much swearing. I also asked them to make sure to use both the medieval and modern settings for any vampire game, and also of course to make sure not to have too many colored people in the game and none at all in the medieval portion of the game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So the idea of the survey is that VtMB has more replay value because it's better, shorter and less boring than BG 2?
Also they ask for their target audience for VtM 3, which is persons who played Dishonored and Mass Effect 2.
Poor VtM 3 didn't deserve to die so young. :cry:
Their audience is BG2/ME2/Dishonored/New Vegas/PoE and people who played masquerade.

I think it's pretty clear they've not even decided to go party based or single character action or open world yet.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

My negative feelings toward Sweden and this particular anti-white developer aside, if they do a V:TM themed remake of Crusader Kings, I would totally buy it.

Enslaving nations with my powerful Tzimisce fleshcrafting. :M

Delterius

Arcane
Dishonored
Inb4 game is set in Victorian age...
I think people are reading this survey wrong. Its about player choice and replayability in all its forms. Remember that at the beginning people could have said that "figuring out to solve problems on their own" was a core value to them. That's what Dishonored is for. In mainstream circles it is considered to be the Looking Glass promise fully realized.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom