Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jason Liang

Arcane
24y2wxt.jpg

Confirmed that SoS works with minions, so it might serve for a Necromancer weapon after all. For now I have Flame Golem - Raise Spectre - Faster Projectiles - Minion Damage - Minion Speed - Fire Penetration, and still using Wither cwc Bladefall on the chest. I'll see how Knitted Horrors and Flame Sentinels do once I get to Merciless, but not sure if I will commit to Spectres yet. I could use Flame Totem or Fireball instead- in fact I'll probably need to since I'll probably end up needing to put Auras on the chest instead.

Unfortunately if I put SoS on Omachi (Scion) I wont be able to use it with a Totem since the Totem has to go in the helm:(

Guess I should start saving for an Anima Stone after all...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Isn't the obvious answer here spark, since it's going to randomly bounce around anyways so you don't give a fuck about the nova?

Hyperion

Arcane

Could always give something like this a shot since you've that nice 6L SoS...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
New info about beta and the end of Legacy League:

Legacy league ends on: 29th May.

Beta starts on: 7th June. (Most likely, may change slightly).

3.0 starts on: Well, somewhere in the middle of July is the current estimate.

There will be events running after the end of Legacy and during the beta, until 3.0 hits.

There is a few ways to get to beta, buying the supporter pack, having spend more than 500$ on PoE in the past, getting a random invite from GGG.

More details here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897264/page/1

Hyperion

Arcane
How are players selected to enter the Beta?
For the past two Betas (Closed Beta and The Awakening's Beta), we used a public Beta Key timer on the website that would invite one player per five minutes. While we gained infinite satisfaction from watching reactions from players, it was a little contentious during The Awakening's Beta and and the negative aspects from players being upset outweighed the fun of the trolling.

:decline:

ArchAngel

Arcane
After 3 articles about changes to DoT, I am still no closer to knowing if they killed my Detonate Dead build I planned to open 3.0 with or not :(

What they did kill is usefulness of fire penetration support for builds focusing on ignite part instead of initial damage part (any non crit fire build). This means I can replace that with rapid decay support instead if DD Ignite will still be a viable way to make a character.

I will keep a close eye on Poison Cloud for 3.0, seems these changes might make it a good cheap build for 1st character. I liked how Raizqt made his version with using Essence Drain to help with map bosses and other high HP enemies while using Poison Cloud to clear maps fast. Only major change for that combination is that in 3.0 projectile damage will no longer work with enhancing poison you apply with ED but it will still boost Poison Cloud DoT and ES DoT.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I got Vaults of Atziri from an Empyrean Apparatus this morning (thanks Zana!), so if anyone needs that map ticked off, let's arrange a time to hit that.

My two other maps were Oba's Cursed Trove and Whakawairua Tuahu.

EDIT: Oba's seems way too dangerous for me to complete so I'll guild stash it. Good luck

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm raising funds for an Anima stone, selling a 28% Signal Fire (uncorrupted). Poe.trade price is around 65 chaos, if anyone in the guild wants it I will trade for 50 chaos.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Signal Fire is that expensive? Last league they were around 5c if I remember correctly.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Did Christmas come twice this year?
21bsjf6.jpg

... and Hanukah too? Best Empyrean Apparatus ever, seriously.
2eqdsf5.jpg

lala Angelica! ...Eliza! ...and Peggy! The Schuylar sisters! lala
2iucm55.jpg

Now witness the firepower of this (almost) fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!
6h6o7q.jpg

Signal Fire is that expensive? Last league they were around 5c if I remember correctly.

I guess it's the new Drillneck. 35% Signal Fires are being priced at 200 c (plus conversion to fire, compared to Drillnerfed's 50% more damage at 100% pierce)

It's basically a lottery ticket. Quivers have 9 possible vaal implicits so there's a 1/27 chance that when you corrupt it, it can hit the jackpot and get +1 additional arrow.

A corrupt Signal Fire with +1 additional arrow sells for 28+ ex on poe.trade

A corrupt Signal Fire with no modification sells for 20 c

So basically an uncorrupted Signal Fire sells for 60 c since, once corrupted, the chances are:
9/27 - F### turn into a useless rare quiver (33% chance) < 1 alt
12/27 - BRICK no change to implicit/ bad vaal implicit (40% chance) 20 c
5/27 - mediocre implicit (23% chance) 1 ex
1/27 - jackpot (4% chance update: Reddit says the chance is 2.97% for some reason) 28-30 ex

And a +1 arrow 35% Signal Fire's price is astronomical.

So basically uncorrupted Signal Fires are for bowyers who are willing to pay 40 c extra for 3% chance to upgrade to a +1 arrow Signal Fire, and ~ 23% chance of a small profit consolation prize.

I would corrupt mine but Vaal Orbs hate me.

UPDATE: Actually after some research, if I understand correctly, a Signal Fire with ilevel < 50 has a 5% chance of getting +1 arrow (since this is a ilvl 1 mod). So the chances then would be:
5/20 - F#### 25%
13/20 - BRICK 65%
1/20 - 1 ex 5%
1/ 20 - 28-30 ex 5%

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Those fuckers moved the end of the leagues further away!
Now, instead of getting my shiny new toys for my Standard boys in 2 weeks, I'll have to wait forever!
:argh:

T. Reich

Arcane
new toys for my Standard boys

If you have 100ex and a mirror, you can get one of these

j119k6idvixy.jpg

986 ES with 48/48 res and onslaught, but 1000 life on koam's heart (with no sockets and a bit of fire damage) was too strong. BALANCE.

Uh, I'm not really into uber-rich shenanigans. I'm more of a moderate 100-200ex per league type of hardcore player.
Besides that, there's no telling what will happen to ES/CI in 3.0.0, so splurging 200ex on something that can rapidly depreciate in actual value (as in usefulness) is a no-no.
Finally, it's a super-gimmicky armour. It's so easy to get onslaught these days that it's kinda pointless.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Besides that, there's no telling what will happen to ES/CI in 3.0.0

Maybe they'll even make life builds viable!

I swear I spend more time fiddling about with ideas for builds than actually playing this game. I did spend a bit of time playing with blast totem build dude, but while all the explosions were cool, I found the actual playstyle to be horribly boring.

Currently playing around with the idea of blade flurry + cast on channel lacerate with dual dreamfeathers, queen of the forest, then getting a crapton of evasion. Run around like a loon then spam out attacks when needed. Shadow seems nice for that +500 evasion spot, but then again maybe good ol' pathfinder would be better for making jade flask even more powerful, though I barely use anything from that tree.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
blade flurry + cast on channel lacerate
and what spell do you want to cast with it?

Oh shit, it has to be a spell doesn't it, I thought it just had to be a skill gem. DAMNIT GAME STOP RUINING MY FUN. Maybe bladefall or ethereal knives then, though I'd have to recheck what kind of damage boosts my passive skills give since they're neither melee nor attacks.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Bladefall is doing like 20X more damage for me than I expect it to. Not sure if I would cwc or self cast. With cwc you get leeching, fortify support and ignore mana cost... and also cwc itself provides a damage bonus.

T. Reich

Arcane
Only true for targets with large hitboxes, though. With small targets you're still only going to hit once per cast.

Lazing Dirk The best way to combine phys spells and blade flurry via CWC is to use generic modifiers to physical damage. The class area that has the most of those is shadow, so you want to go there.
Also, consider using claws (also shadow area), specifically The Scourge, because its "mininon damage applies to you" mod applies BOTH to blade flurry AND the spell you'd link to it via CWC. This also means that you'll have easier time getting the appropriate jewels (though they will be fairly expensive). Also, the Scourge has a fairly good base damage as well as ok crit and leech. And you can buff all of those with just a few claw nodes in the shadow area.

EDIT: ok, my theorycrafting gears are also revving up. Since I played CWC flurry+bladefall guy in the last league, it's gonna be a bit of a rehash, but with some twists because I went full caster-mode back then, no scaling of melee.
Probably an interesting way to go would be as an assassin to scale insance crits + some poison shenanigans. Most definitely CI because only Mathil can afford to stay life-based in shadow-ranger areas of the passive tree :P. Dual-wield for great justice - Death's Hand scepter in offhand for some sick damage boost. Possibly using Crown of Eyes helmet - lots of extra leech and accuracy for flurry + you can now actively utilise spell damage because it would apply to BOTH melee and spell portions of our wombo-combo.

Last edited:

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
... The Scourge, because its "mininon damage applies to you" mod applies BOTH to blade flurry AND the spell you'd link to it via CWC...

Neat.

Crown of Eyes helmet - lots of extra leech and accuracy for flurry + you can now actively utilise spell damage because it would apply to BOTH melee and spell portions of our wombo-combo.

Double neat.

Assassin seems fun with all the bleeding/poisoning/maiming shenanigans. I was playing around with a build a bit and with the bonuses from scourge, minion damage, AoE damage, and spell damage, both blade flurry and blade fall would (if I worked it out right) be getting about +439% damage (215% physical damage, 24% spell damage from power charge, 30% area damage, 90% spell (& attack) damage, 30% minion damage, and 70% minion damage from scourge).

I'm not sure about the claw nodes though. When something says it increases damage/speed/crits, "with claws", when does that apply? I'm assuming it would apply to blade flurry at least, since it's based on the weapon, but what about bladefall? That wouldn't get any bonuses from claw nodes would it, being a spell. I guess it's a trade-off between getting great bonuses on just blade flurry or getting decent bonuses on both. Hmm. Maybe something like this. I think that would be about 40% crit chance on both skills once the power charges are up, discounting further bonuses from whatever equipment.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Yes, claw-specific nodes will only benefit flurry. But they are pretty good in terms of what you're getting per point spent, so it's up to you.
What you should also strongly consider is the leech - how are you going to manage it?
When I played my CWC char, I managed by running warlord's mark on blasphemy (not as good anymore, but it's still pretty decent) + leech enchant on boots (Zdzisiu always has problems with this one...) + I used 2x (yes, two) Atziri's promise flasks because I stacked a good deal of chaos damage, so the leech was pretty gud.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Yeah, warlord's mark could be handy. I was thinking I'd stick in life leech support since it applies to general damage, and there doesn't seem to be too many other support gems that would effectively work with both blade flurry and bladefall anyway, except perhaps added fire support. Though I guess that might be a bit of a waste. Carnage heart could be nice too, since I'd need a bunch more strength to equip death's hand anyway. Plus I already have one. And I'd already be getting some from the scourge and crown of eyes. I could also swap claws of the falcon for soul raker, which is 1 extra point and slightly less claw crit but more leech. I've no idea how much leech would be enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom