Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, May 8, 2018.

1. *-*/\--/\~ Savant

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Damn that bitch waving the lantern at everything an whining all the time is getting on my nerves, Imoen V2.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. PosledniKovboj Scholar

PosledniKovboj
    Parrots:
    How is it compared to PoE1?

• incline incline x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Max Edge Educated

Max Edge
    Parrots:
    I haven't plan to buy it, but i saw this:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]

An this...

[​IMG]

So, now I don't want to buy it even more

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Funny x 5
    • Brofist x 4
    • nice x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    Parrots:
    you mean 80 %

^ Top  
  5. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    Parrots:
    See you in 18 months when it's in the Humble Monthly.

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Max Edge Educated

Max Edge
    Parrots:
    GOL. Silly place, where Andromeda got 8,5 and Inquisition 9,5 (with "Best 2014 game" title).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    http://nichegamer.com/reviews/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-review/

• Funny x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Max Edge Educated

Max Edge
    Parrots:

Quote from review:

"Serafen, the male Orlan pirate, mentions how he desired to have an attractive man share his bunk with him. Aloth, our famously nerdy wizard, meets his old gay lover in a brothel and has an awkward conversation while you watch idly by. The second in command of the pirates guild – who wants you to conspire with her to overthrow the corrupt male who runs it – also asked to sleep with my female monk the first time I met her.

The most shocking of these inclusions would be a merchant in Delver’s Row that looked to be a man, but when I talked to the mind-reading vithrack in the next room, I found out that he was really a “she”, and was transgender. Though, to be perfectly frank, I thought that was handled humorously and hidden deep enough in a secondary quest so as to not be too jarring.

Now it could be that all the characters are designed to be bisexual and can be romanced by either a male or female main character…which while I understand it, I think it cheapens the roleplaying. Fallout 4 did this and I didn’t approve of it there, either.

Of course, it would’ve been nice if they let my female monk at least have a boyfriend. Eder rejected her, Aloth rejected her, and Serafen never even bothered…yet every female PC and NPC were drooling over my bedsheets and begging to be let inside. It left a bad taste in my mouth and held the game back from being the full-fledged RPG experience I wanted it to be.

It was also the same exact problem I had with Dragon Age: Inquisition, only as a male main character. Though at least there, the ugly elf with the bad accent offered herself up once. Not that my hero took her up on it.

It seems every single western CRPG is being written by jaded cat-lady lesbians in their early 30s who absolutely refuse to allow female main characters to procreate out of envy that they themselves cannot do the same. Sort of like Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, which had every female NPC offering to sleep with my female elf mere minutes from joining, but not a single male even so much as sniffing the air around her.

I know, it’s funny, but it’s also depressingly sad that it has come to this."

• Funny x 19
    • Despair x 3
    • Nuke it from orbit x 3
    • decline x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. KirbyGotenksabsorbed Novice

KirbyGotenksabsorbed
    Parrots:
    "Nuanced romances". All romances just happen to be bisexual (#immersion). Characters seem to want to bang after a few conversations. Eder -who is otherwise 100% straight- rejects female player characters no matter what, but is apparently okay going half-gay for Iselmyr inside Aloth (Yes, this is apparently a thing).

• Despair x 2
    • Nuke it from orbit x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Sawyer is personally against playersexual characters but he said he left it up to the writers to determine their characters' sexuality and they're all allegedly loud and proud bisexuals. Obsidian is dead, etc.

• Funny x 8
    • Balanced x 5
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Glop_dweller Augur

Glop_dweller
    Parrots:
    Why am I not surprised?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. i.Razor Learned Patron

i.Razor
    Parrots:
    Lol. Did they hire those Beamdog writers?

If this is not a joke i think i'm done with Obsidian. I pay devs for games i could easly pirate mostly just out of respect and support. But wasting time on shoehorning this type of crap and delivering a broken game on release... No wonder why the sane man left this ship.

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. mibbles Liturgist

mibbles
    Parrots:
    :negative: senpai please notice me.

^ Top  
  14. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Dangerhairs Carrie Patel and Kate Dollarhyde, Megan "Kills-in-Shadow" Starks, and Paul "soyboy" Kirsch. Close enough.

• decline x 5
    • Brofist x 1
    • nice x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. toro Arcane

toro
    Parrots:
    Yeah. The game is filled with strong-independent-women-walking-clichees and transgender stereotypes. They went overboard with this shit.

Anyway, it seems that quests progression is fucked up: if you sequence break a quest then there is a chance that you will not be able to finish it in your terms. It happened twice to me.

I'm not sure 100% but I think this is poor quest design instead of some sophisticated form of retarded C&C.

• Funny x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Blakemoreland Hybrid Boss Magister Patron

Blakemoreland Hybrid Boss
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    :positive:

• decline decline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    Parrots:
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Sexuality, the last frontier in balance
    :balance:

• Balanced Balanced x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. Wizfall Arbiter

Wizfall
    Parrots:
    I liked PoE 1 a lot...but not until the game was patched.
    General overall improvements provided by patches + the DLc improve it so much it completely change my perception of it from being a "nice try" but very average game to really good.
    So while i have much expectation for PoE 2 and would like to play it right now i'm gonna wait for all the DLC are out or at least numerous patches kicks in.
    I usually don't mind waiting but this means at the minimum a six months delay which is quite a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Same here. I'm eager to experience it, but I'm sure the game will be much better after some patchwork and DLCs. Good thing that I wouldn't have time for it anyway. And I still have a Fallout 2 to finish first.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. *-*/\--/\~ Savant

*-*/\--/\~
    Parrots:
    Yeah, it's SJWized near Dragonspear / Battletech levels, a world populated by stronk wymynz lesboing each other while the weak bumbling men sit at home embroidering. Not sure patches and DLCs can fix that.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Brofist x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Serus Arcane

Serus
    Parrots:
    I love how our resident Jew rated this post "autism" despite it being a legit concern and a apparently a true statement.

• Brofist x 6
    • Funny x 4
    • Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Max Edge Educated

Max Edge
    Parrots:
    I made a term for that: "Beamdogisation".

Just like feminists in "La città delle donne" said - heterosexual sex is naturally patriarchal. PoE2 is Marxist reversal our real, patriarchal world. That means: "Love is for lesbians. Become lesbian or build career. Down with patriarchy!".

And there come my doubts. Lesbianism in PoE2 is like made for male nerds. It's hiding under SJW cloak, but it's still stink geek sweat. Anita does approves that?

I remember from Inquisition a NPC family, where wife was making career in herbs and husband stayed in home as spinner.

His "autism", "shit" and "retarded" badges are like "brofist" from person I actually respect.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Participation Award x 3
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. boobio Cipher

boobio
    Parrots:
    "Character building is better. There are also minor features you might like. Those are covered in trailers.
    Combat is as boring as it was.
    Writing is even worse than PoE. Voice acting. More LGBTBBQ&KNUCKLES and SJW shit (not too much but it shows)."

"This game reads like chris-chan tier fanfiction, it's fucking mortifying. I couldn't make it more than an hour into the game. Not even worth downloading and installing."
    http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415927065

Wow so it is shit. All of the same problems of the first game. Carrie Patel is a awful writer.

• Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Max Edge Educated

Max Edge
    Parrots:
    Her book description:

"The gaslight and shadows of the underground city of Recoletta hide secrets and lies. When Inspector Liesl Malone investigates the murder of a renowned historian, she finds herself stonewalled by the all-powerful Directorate of Preservation – Recoletta’s top-secret historical research facility. When a second high-profile murder threatens the very fabric of city society, Malone and her rookie partner Rafe Sundar must tread carefully, lest they fall victim to not only the criminals they seek, but the government which purports to protect them. Knowledge is power, and power must be preserved at all costs…"

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Serus Arcane

Serus
    Parrots:
    The first one actually looks cool imo - like something taken straight from Arcanum. Assuming it was meant to represent an ugly female elf, librarian or teacher kind of character. If not, then...
    :negative:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)