Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Should have made it clearer, sorry! Urash was checking out the face on the coin to see who it is. But I see someone else figured it out already so no worries.
Depends on where the coins came from. If you still have Acadian or Illyrian silver silver that might change things.

L'ennui

Magister
Should have made it clearer, sorry! Urash was checking out the face on the coin to see who it is. But I see someone else figured it out already so no worries.
Depends on where the coins came from. If you still have Acadian or Illyrian silver silver that might change things.
I have "Silver Owls", but I don't know if they would be Illyrian or Keltic in origin.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I have "Silver Owls", but I don't know if they would be Illyrian or Keltic in origin.
Keltic

L'ennui

Magister
Then I suppose it would feature the same legendary warrior as Marcàn's coin!

Urash takes a sip of the brew he is handed. "Hmm. Actually not that otherworldly."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Then I suppose it would feature the same legendary warrior as Marcàn's coin!

Urash takes a sip of the brew he is handed. "Hmm. Actually not that otherworldly."
About 30 seconds after Urash quaffs his tipple, a strange feeling starts to suffuse his limbs, giving you a disassociated feeling from your body that makes you feel extremely relaxed (For what it's worth, this brew removes all traces of exhaustion or fatigue and removes any temporary attribute damage to STR, CON or DEX).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Far away, miss. In my land, that is the famed hero, Conn Mac Óban. I'm surprised he seems like someone you've known, legend of him dates back 700 years or so. Marcán stirs his drink some more, before drinking the rest.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr watches Urash and Marcán drink while pretending to drink his. At Urash's words, he stiffens momentarily expecting disaster to strike.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The tavern keeper listens to Marcán and furrows her brows in confusion, "Yeaaaaaa-rrrrrs?" She mouths the word and draws out the syllables like she's never said the it before, "That word . . . I . . ." She stops talking and her hands are visibly shaking. Hastily, she turns and pours herself an amber liquor from a cask and downs it in one shot before slowly turning back to face you with her features smooth and her composure regained, "Conn Mac Óban you say, I know that name. I can't say when, but I think he definitely drank his fill here? I recall dimly a great celebration here in Lankshorn in a brighter, happier time. I think Conn was setting out on some great quest beyond the shores of Loch Longmere, pursuing the wyrm Chasobrithe if I recall? He must have succeeded because I've heard no more tales of that foul beast plaguing The Wold . . . It's strange . . . until I saw that coin, I'd completely forgotten about that memory and then it all came rushing back like it had happened not but a blink of the eye past. Funny how you forget things."

A bit more time passes, and the three goat-headed men rise and depart. Marjorie walks around the room and replaces several tapers that have burned low enough to wink out. Strange. You could swear that the candle on the bar top was a full hand-span high just a moment ago. While you contemplate this oddity, the rickety door swings in on its rusty hinges and Moggle pokes his head in, "Allo gentlemen. If you are feeling refreshed, I suggest you settle accounts and we hit the trail in due haste." Oddly, Marjorie doesn't seem to react to his presence.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Relieved to stop pretending, Rhenmyr leaves his untouched drink on the table and makes ready to leave.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You file out of the tavern and look down at Moggle, who keeps glancing over his shoulder. He turns around and grins when he notices your stares. "Where to my friends?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle's mouth goes agape and he puts his paw to his chest, "Me!? By no means. No one is after me, I can assure you my over large friend. No . . . Word's gotten around that some men cheated the Warden of the Southern Moors, Ol' Farthingy -- stole some livestock and a couple of knick-knacks was what I heard. Sounds like he's got some of his Longhorn kin looking for the ne'er-do-wells." He casts a knowing look at Borric and winks.

Last edited:

L'ennui

Magister
"We, uh, wouldn't know anything about that. So, you were about to help us find the fire-haired maiden you saw being taken away, I believe? I'm afraid we don't have all the time in the world."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Yes, we need to find this Duke Mallowheart, and fast. You said you saw him dragging around a girl with bright red hair. That's who we're looking for."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"It just so happens that I did a bit of checking around. Sounds like the Duke went along the Mirror Roads, most likely back to the court of the Cold Prince." He chuckles nervously, "I can't say I recommend following in his footsteps; Shadows, Sandestins, Falloy, Bandersnatch and worse haunt those dark paths. But, if you're dead-set on getting to the court of the Cold Prince, then there are a couple of paths one might take that are less direct, but likely less hazardous to one's health: The longest and most circuitous route is east; you'd follow the Ditchway Road to Dreg eight leagues away and then take the ferry to Shanty Wood Isle and the far shore of Hameth Rill. From here you'd be able to take the old North-South road another ten leagues up to Prigwort, then down Swinney road another six leagues to the ruins of Clewd's Retreat and cross Sinkhole Creek into The Cold Prince's realm. There's a shorter way, that might save you half the time, but it could be tricky. Fisher's Road north out of town to Loch Longmere, runs right past Malbleat's manse. He has many guards and eyes along the road, but it runs in a straight line for four leagues from here to the shores of the Loch. If you're lucky, the Floating Isle of Yhende might be summoned and passage to the other side negotiated." Moggles' whiskers twitch excitedly, "However, The Phantom Isle isn't always there and Yhende is said to be quite insane from what I've heard. There's no telling what the price of passage might be. If you didn't want to cross the loch, but go around, to enter the Cold Prince's dominion it's possible, but no one in their right mind goes that way. The cursed Stone of Drodh is said to lay somewhere along the shore and it is rumored to be guarded by the wyrm Chasobrithe."

Amon sighs. "It doesn't sound like any way we go is going to be easy, or safe. Is there a way to sneak past Malbleat's manse if we go that direction? How many guards might we face?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle shrugs, "I don't know exactly. A dozen? Two dozen? a Pair? I uh . . . can't say I've ever gone that way, but once before." He concludes sheepishly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom